Hastings Entertainment Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hastings Entertainment Manager In Training Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Ardmore, OK) in June 2014.

Interview

The first interview was very informal and just a review of my resume and made sure I could work retail hours (nights and weekends). The second was with the dm and was a STAR (Situation /task/action/results ) interview. The third was with HR and was also a STAR interview. They basically want to know what you have done in common situations and how it worked out. They will also ask about your abilit to travel and/or relocate as this is required for an MIT

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hastings Entertainment

Anonymous Employee in Yukon, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Yukon, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

I met with Store Manager and had several behavioral questions, pretty basic really, then an a phone interview with District manager, more of the same, and finally a phone interview with their corporate human resources director, I believe. Each step was progressively more difficult.
    It was 2nd time I had applied, first time I turned down offer. I feel they rushed me through second time.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to monitor the progress on a group of associates...   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment.

Interview

Application was online. Contacted 2 weeks after submitting the applicaton. Had one in person interview with the District Manager a week later. Was offered the job within a week of the interview. Whole process from initial application to start date was 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important job aspect of being a store manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My expected salary was a lot higher than the supposed starting salary. They offered lower than my expected amount, but higher than the initial amount, so I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Clovis, NM) in March 2012.

Interview

Was called for interview and then scheduled one. Done in person with store manager and district manager was not asked any questions related to the job other than can you work 45 hours a week, after that it was questions about my life or hobbies was weird, After that was a drug test and background screening.

Interview Questions

• Did you buy that game from us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Saint Joseph, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

Consists of basic questions that usually begin with "Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you couldn't make a deadline.   Answer Question