Hastings Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hastings Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hastings Mutual.

Interview

The most horrible experience in my career. HR person set up a time to first phone interview with me but he pulled a no-show. I understand that something might come up in surprise, so I was glad to reschedule with him. After reschedule the phone interview, he pulled a no-show AGAIN in our second appointed time without any notice in advance. This is so unprofessional and just ridiculous. I am trying to find a way to address his unprofessional behavior to his supervisor or company so that other candidates wouldn't have same issue I had. If anyone in HR department read this comment, please make sure this won't happen again

Hastings Mutual Response

Mar 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We can guarantee that your experience was atypical, and we pride ourselves on having a great candidate experience. We are working to make sure that this situation does ... More

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hastings Mutual.

Interview

Short and very informal initial phone screen. No real information is shared about the job or organization in the first call. It appears that the first call is more to get the first impression of your reasoning for being interested and if you are someone who might easily conform to prevailing culture.

Claim Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Mutual in June 2015.

Interview

Disappointing. After initial interest from their HR department, I had to make several follow up calls and e-mails to obtain even a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I sent thank you letters, but never received any responses, acknowledgements, rejections, etc. I do not understand why the initial interest was from them to me, following my online application, why I had to call and call and call and send several e-mails, simply to get them to reply. Perhaps a statement of a deeper problem with this company. Perhaps also a blessing in disguise to me.

Hastings Mutual Response

Aug 21, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We appreciate the feedback. We strive to make each candidate's experience with Hastings Mutual the absolute best it can be, and we are sorry that your experience was not a positive one. We will take ... More

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hastings, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hastings Mutual (Hastings, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews, one with the HR Supervisor and one with the VP of HR. There were behavioral-based questions in both interviews, but the interview with the VP of HR was more conversational. There wasn't a phone interview or anything, but I knew someone who already worked there in the claims department.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hastings Mutual.

Interview

Horrible phone interview where the Manager asked very pointed questions that should have been asked face to face. What they were looking for did not at all cover what was listed in the job requirements and the interviewer just kept asking the same questions over and over. When I asked what specifically they were look for in a recruiter, she could not tell me in any detail, but insisted that I was under-qualified though I have been a professional recruiter for 5 years. When I asked for her to go over what exactly I was lacking that they were looking for, she could give me nothing specific. I then pulled up the ad that I had applied to and went over the requirements with her and listed all of my qualifications that matched those things. She very rudely responded that she had no more time to waste!

I just feel that if you're going to interview someone for a new and innovative position that maybe you should take the time to sit down with them and let them show you their qualifications and not just ask them to go over a day in the life of their current position before deciding they are unqualified.

Interview Questions

• What do you do everyday in your current position?   1 Answer

Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Mutual (Hastings, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with an someone out of the HR department. It took two weeks before they set up an another interview is a supervisor. From there it took almost three weeks before I heard back from them. By then I had already accepted another job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself?
      Would you say your are a detailed person?
      Give me some examples of a difficult situation and how you handled it.
      Answer Question

Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hastings, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Mutual (Hastings, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

3 interviews @ the Home office. Initial phone interviews, followed by two trips to the home office. Followed by another trip there to meet with the claim management team. Repetitive questions were asked each time. Filled out a job application. Later, met the remaining claim team several months later.

Interview Questions

• What territory is involved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, give and take.

Territory Sales Manager for Iowa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Mutual (Hastings, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview process. Amber, the HR representative who conducted the interview started the process off on a poor note by calling 20 minutes late with no apology. She listened to a few things that I said but didn't even allow me to speak about my current employment. I didn't even have the opportunity to ask basic questions regarding the company as she had determined that I was not a good fit for the position in 10 minutes. I learned more about this position from a recruiter than I did from an actual employee of the company. She was also not knowledgeable of the actual territory that I was applying for. Perhaps amber should understand the position her company is offering and be willing to listen for more than 10 minutes to what a candidate has to say. Now I understand why the position has been open for 3 months.

Interview Questions

• What were your authority levels for your current field underwriting position?   1 Answer