Hat World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hat World

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hat World in August 2015.

Interview

It happened over the phone and buy the time I was hired a month and a half had passed. Had an in person interview after the phone interview which was very informal which i thought was strange as i had applied to run one of their stores. The second interview was conducted on the phone by the DM while he was driving home from a baseball game.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hat World (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick, Didn't really ask any qualifying questions. Seemed like they were understaffed and the Regional didn't want to cover the store. No drug test, no real questions about my managerial skills. Just basic competency questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hat World.

Interview

Went up to a local Collegiate team apparel store that turns out was recently acquired by Hat World. I was looking for a summer job, and asked for the manager.I When I was greeted by the manager I told him I was looking for a job and we had a pretty informal interview right there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Where do you see yourself going with this company.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hat World in January 2013.

Interview

Basic situation based questions. fairly easy with previous knowledge of retail industry and merchandising/buying, knowledge of company

Interview Questions

• Can't really think of one. Know about the position and what you bring to the table   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hat World (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Face-to-face interviews three times. They asked me about sports trivia, color coordination of team logos, leadership skills, and my selling skills. I had to make example sales pitches and presentations to the hiring manager. I think it was important to understand the local teams Overall, it was quite difficult- but well worth it, because I really liked the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.

Lids Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hat World (Columbia, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

This interview was arduous. I was uncertain what position the interview was for because it was never listed on the advertisement. The District Sales Manager conducted the interview, and he threw all kinds of questions at me. Initially, it began with me completing a paper application at that store. All the employees at the store seemed generous. Then, I exchanged pleasantries with the Manager. The interview was conducted in the food court downstairs from the actual store. He emphasized sales and expenses during the interview. He said there will be times where there will only be 1 person running the store at a time, and there will be moments where this position will require you to train other employees. Also, he shared information about his work. He commutes all the way from Virgina twice a week to work. Presumably, he works at a store location in Virgina during the rest of the week. He also manages a store in Delaware. I felt prepared for the interview, and I know the interview went well. I made him laugh and vice versa. I thought for sure I would receive an offer, but I was incorrect. After the interview, I received an email saying the position was filled.

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hat World (Sioux Falls, SD) in April 2011.

Interview

Two interviews, very informal, very easy.

Negotiation

No wiggle-room, low pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hat World (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2010.

Interview

I went over 2 weeks ago and they guy told me he was going on vacation. I called 3 days ago and he said he had made a decision and would call me back. 2 days ago I called and he said he has been busy but would call me that night...never got that call or one today

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hat World in July 2011.

Interview

Went to a job fair ("Open Interview Session") after applying through CareerBuilder. Turn out was about 100 applicants. Was called for a preliminary interview, was asked 3 questions. Answered the questions, then was referred to a store manager for a full interview.

After completing the interview, was told to report to a store the next morning for a "Floor Test", which is essentially a role-playing activity to see how well you interact with customers and how you can process information.

Submitted a background check authorization, and waited about a week to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What does great customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 6 months?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. Simply "this is what you'll make, take it or leave it."

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hat World in August 2009.

Interview

Fairly easy interview. I sat down with the store manager who was cool at the time and asked me basicly more about sports then actual job experience. he was looking more for a friend then he was an AM. Told me how the advancement opportunity was great just to find out its really not. I then sat down with the GM and he seemed like all people who work there will be doomed to fail unless you work hard and sell your soul for the company.