Hatch Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hatch (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted via email about setting up interview time. The interview was scheduled, and at this time, I was informed there would also be a candidate assessment test, and I should expect to be there for 2 hours. When I arrived, I was told the candidate assessment test would take place first, with the interview to follow.

The candidate assessment test consisted of a ~6-7 page booklet of questions. The first couple of pages consisted of behavioral question, such as "Give an example of a time when a coworker disagreed with you. How can you learn from this situation? Would you have done anything differently?, etcc" Each question for this first part of the test contained multiple questions and you were expected to answer in detail. The second part of the test consisted of position specific questions. In my case, there were questions relating to engineering, common acronyms, codes, etc. I was also asked to solve "simple" engineering problems in this test as well. You are given 1 hour to complete all questions. You write all answers, including short answers, essays, etc., for this test on the booklet, you don't use a computer. In that hour time-frame, you are also asked to fill out a paper application.

After the assessment test, you are interviewed. I was interviewed by the manager, division leader, and HR, for a total of 3 people. They asked general questions that can be expected in an interview. They didn't really have a set list of questions to were working off from. The interviewers gave opportunities to "sell yourself" in place of asking question after question.

Interview Questions