Hatch Interview Questions in Mississauga, ON | Glassdoor

2.2

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with human resources to verify that I met the initial requirements and to verify that I was able to work in Mississauga for 16 months. My second interview was also by phone since I am a student in Kingston. The second interview was with two engineers. They mostly asked me questions about myself and from my resume. The interview was easy going and felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called in for a one on one interview with a senior manager in the division. We sat down and went over my resume, the interviewer asked some questions about any previous education and training. It was very casual. This was by far the easiest interview I've ever had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First Interview: Phone interview with a director
    Heard back within a week to schedule second interview
    Second interview: At the office in Mississauga. 3 hours long speaking with 6 different people but less of an interview feel and more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Tell me about yourself and why Hatch. Tell me about a recent project you worked on. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Compare your skills to the list of skills required for the position.   Answer Question

New Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with hiring manager (20 min, very casual). Second round was an in-person interview at the Mississauga office consisting of six consecutive 30 minute interviews with different members of the team. Very friendly and casual, every employee was very professional and showed genuine interest in getting to know me as a prospective team member. The focus was more on finding a good fit for the team than on particular technical skills. Was quite tiring to do so many consecutive interviews (don't be afraid to ask for a break!). HR was also very helpful and professional throughout the entire hiring process. Nice office.

Interview Questions

• -describe your final year design project
      -describe your current research
      -why are you interested in working for Hatch?
      -why are you interested in this particular group at Hatch?   Answer Question

Graduate Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of principals in charge of the different sectors of the firm. The principals were very friendly, and honest in their attempts to determine whether I was the right fit for the position and vice versa, whether the firm the firm was in line with my personal and professional interests.

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very easy and relaxed for junior engineers/new grads/EITs.

Mostly a casual conversation about interests, co-op experiences, career goals, etc.

Usually with two or three senior engineers at the company, from your own discipline.

It wasn't very technical because they assume you are a clean slate and know nothing about engineering design, since most schools don't focus on engineering deliverables.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your career goals, co-op experiences, interests, etc.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied the job through their website in October 2014. HR contacted me for an interview through email. The interview is about an hour with managers. They give me their decision after a week.The interviewers are really nice. They basically want to know what type of people you are, what knowledge you have and what you want to do if you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical behaviour questions. They asked about almost everything you wrote on the resume. So be sure to get familiar with that. Think of what area interested in.   Answer Question

Junior Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

First interview: Three professional engineers met me. The people were very friendly and professional, they asked me Some behavior HR questions. (e.g. what do you know about Hatch? what is your short and long term job expectations?) they asked me also easy technical questions (structural analysis problems)
    Second interview:
    They showed me a sample of their projects, again behavior questions, and more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about hatch?
      Where you will find yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hatch (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview process started with a short phone call, followed by a personal one-on-one interview with one of the Managing Directors, which lasted about an hour at the head office. I later met 2 other senior executives of the company, had further discussions over dinner, and received an offer of employment within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What would you see as your potential role or greatest contribution to this firm in the next 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why are you planning to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary, vacation and benefits were comparable to firm I was currently working for. No additional negotiation was necessary.

Cfd Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Interview

I was referred by one of the employees. He introduced me to the right team manager. The manager contacted me to have an initial conversation. Then I was called for an on-site interview. I was asked to do a presentation on my work. All employees in the group were present. I was asked technical questions on some of my prior work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that I have a non-negotiable offer.