Havas Worldwide Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.4

Planning Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a straight forward interview. Only spoke with planners but spoke with 6 of them. They wanted to know about me and see how my mind worked. I wanted to make sure we could work together. In the end we were all happy with the resul

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The Talent Acquisition Manager was super friendly and nice during the screening call and took the time to walk through my work experiences and life story.

After this call, I was passed onto a Talent Coordinator who used a lot of slang in her emails and failed to confirm a time for a follow up call with the Head of team until I emailed and asked her a day before the interview.

On the day of the interview call, I was informed that the Head of team was out of town so I would speak with the AE currently on the account. During the interview, normal questions were asked but there seemed to be no genuine interest in the given answers. A few times the call fell silent so I was left not knowing if the call had dropped or there was still someone on the line.

30 minutes after the interview call, I received an email from the Talent Acquisition Manager saying "At this juncture and based on the feedback we just received, we are unable to give you further encouragement" with no feedback whatsoever. Once I asked for feedback, I was told that I wasn't "forthcoming" enough with my answers and that apparently I had said I needed a "30-60 day learning period" which I never said and would never say.

Not sure if the phone reception was bad and things got jumbled but it just made me feel negative and angry about the entire process that they would excuse me for something I didn't and wouldn't say.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, understanding of client management, personal work personality and preferred ways of working   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call with an HR recruiter at the firm. The next day I went in to meet with her in person for 30 minutes. I got an email within 2 days asking me to come in to meet with 6 people. I met with everyone who would be on my team for 30 minutes each. They called the next morning and offered me a position.

I enjoyed meeting everyone from the team, however, working with the HR Recruiter was a nightmare. She was extremely pushy from the beginning. When she called to offer me the position, she pushed me to verbally accept at that moment or told me the team would be disappointed in me. I told her I wanted a formal offer to review before I would accept anything. She then emailed me twice asking to confirm a start date that wouldn't allow me to give my current position 2 weeks. About 5 PM that evening (I had spoken with her at 2PM) she sent my contract over.

The next morning, I emailed her as I wanted to negotiate and she responded that she was disappointed as they were upfront about the salary. She then responded that she would ask only if I would verbally accept at that point, which I wasn't ready to do. Once I declined, I received an extremely rude response indicating that the whole procedure was nothing but "a wasted effort by the team."

Interview Questions

They acting like negotiating was a huge hassle. They only wanted to negotiate with me if I accepted the offer. I felt extremely pushed by the HR person and decided that it wasn't the right fit for me.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Formal with multiple phone interviews. Questions about how to further develop company operations and knowledge of social and digital media a plus. This was a very relaxed interview, as I had previously spoken to other figures of leadership before the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to education, and passion for the PR industry.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The process itself was quick, but the actual interviews were lengthy...in a good way! Less of an interview and more of a really great conversation. Everyone was so nice and welcoming, it felt like you were talking to people you had been friends with forever. Being able to discuss mutual love for advertising and marketing was especially nice, and they all seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me not just quizzing generic questions.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you can contribute to the team?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Waited for 15 minutes for them to find a room for me to interview in. The interviewers were very laid back and asked basic questions of my strengths, weaknesses, and things about the client I was interviewing for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied by sending in a resume an cover letter. Got an e-mail back near the end of the school year asking me which position I was interested in. The one I wanted was filled, so I took another. Got the job, and was later switched to the original position. It was relatively easy to sommunicate expectations,

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

phone interview- quick and easy if you know the business
    in person interview- have each member of the team talk with you. again, easy if you know the business.
    introduce you to the team to see if you would get along with the team
    then salary negotiation.
    ended up giving me lower than i wanted

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I got contacted by a talent recruiter. I had a phone screening and then got brought in to meet with two people in HR. A few days later I had a phone interview with one of the directors I was going to be supporting. The following week I had an in person interview with the other director.

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was casual, friendly, and informative. My interviewers asked me questions about my qualifications and were happy with what I had to offer. One of my interviewers has become a life long friend and I have a firm appreciation for my relationship with him.