Havertys Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.8

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Havertys (Savannah, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Send App
Wait for call to schedule interview
2 interviews then week wait for background and drug screen
Call back for job offer and to set starting date. Not a bad experience at all. Just time consuming.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Havertys

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Havertys.

Interview

i applied online, after a week i was called for an interview.
    on the interview day, i filled out an application and sat with the branch manager who was very cool and so easy to get along with. he liked me very much and said that i answered all the questions very well. asked me for 2 references and called them on the spot. he said he will call me once he hears back from the 2nd reference since he didn't answer the call. still waiting for a call

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Havertys (Mobile, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was one hour and thirty minutes long maybe but smooth. I went to guest services and was given an application to fill out. After I filled out the application I gave it to the employee at guest services. I was told to wait after the interviewee before me and that only to maybe 10 minutes. The store manager then came and called for me, and I went into his office. The store manager read over my application and ask questions about it. Questions like, why did you leave this company, and why you want to work for this company, where do you see yourself in five years, do you understand the responsibilities and commitment of this job. I answered honestly on my reason why because I have a personal goal of working in Sales and building a successful career. We then went to scenario questions about previous work experiences. After the interview, I ask my interviewer questions like, how long have you been working for the company, why do you enjoy it. (Which is a good thing to always do.) The interviewer then informed me of the pay, hours, and training. It was possible if offered the position that I would have to travel out of state for a week of intense training. The interview was easy you just have to do your research, be confident and, comfortable. I will know the decision in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel like you would succeed at this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Havertys (Charleston, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

Did assesment online. I usually hate those. Havertys was direct and easy. Got an immediate e-mail saying a Mgr would call me. Got the call within 24 hrs. I am 65 and felt no age descrimination. Store manager was very direct about his style of management and how good the company would be to work for. He asked many questions. Not just the ones below. I would say he gave me a fair consideration. He explained he was writing down my answers and i suppose submitting same to HR or next person up the line? The online assessment was easy. The interview was in alot of ways geared around a team work atmosphere, so that felt good. But some of the questions were very different from what I expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were yelled at and what was your response.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with alot of people and how did you feel about that   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work alone and how did you feel about that.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about seeing someone doing something dishonest or un-ethical, and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Havertys (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume online and received a follow-up email from a store manager for an interview.

Met with the general manager of the location and she was very nice and open about what the position is and how to be successful.

Moved onto a second interview with the area manager which was sort of the same.

It was a straight up professional sales interview and hiring process.

Drug test background check reference check all standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior sales experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Havertys (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with Gm as well as regional manager. Seemed easy to get along with. Asked what would prevent me from working there or if any reason not to hire. 45 minutes. General question. Why I would be good for the position etc...

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for company. How long or how many years selling furniture. How do I relate to customers. What are strongest skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Havertys (Pensacola, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on Careerbuilder.com, got an email for the personality test. After that i got a call for an interview the next day. Store manager interview was a bunch of lies to get you to start asap.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard. The personality test they make you take determines how many questions. So answer 1 or 5 only on the personality test if you want to work at this horrible place.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Havertys (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

The Interview process was very streamlined and easy. You take a word association test/personality test-unsure which testing formatting is used, never seen this type before. But, It was not difficult-took me about one hour.
    GM was very cordial, professional, intelligent and very attentive to what I had to say in response to his questions. All attempts seemed to be made to make me comfortable with the interview process.
    I was called to come back in after approximately 5 days. I met with the GM and a floor mgr, and then was told they wished to begin the paperwork to hire me. All in all, it was a very easy, comfortable and simple process.

Interview Questions

• No specific question was difficult. The week long training is very comprehensive, at times repetitive in focus or content being illustrated to new hires, and was for me the most arduous part of the entire process. You receive a ton of information with on the floor "customer/sales person" scenarios used daily...all of which was excellent in teaching how Havertys wants it's employees to greet, interact and lead them towards a close including the protection plan offered. It was, again, a lot of processing mentally and for me, once I got back to my store, all training pretty much ceased. It was hit the floor running with blinders on, so to speak. But, the training is excellent and within a short period of time, I was able to answer most of my own questions without need of co-workers or mgrs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Havertys (Louisville, KY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was forwarded a link to take an online test, after I passed that I was notified that they would schedule an interview. I recvd call to interview in the store which took about a half hour, then they did my background check and a drug screen. I was offered the job two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult co-workers?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Havertys in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took assessment test. Interviewed first with store manager, then district. Asked several situational questions. Pretty typical. After that there was about a two week turn around on an oral drug swab and background check.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work above and beyond what was expected.   Answer Question