Hawaii State Department of Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hawaii State Department of Education Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kïhei, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaii State Department of Education (Kïhei, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

Was a bit of a flash interview. The man spouted off rapid fire questions, and didn't want to give eye contact. He said it would distract him from my answers. I think it's done on a point system.

Interview Questions

• A student tells you his parents think a tomato is a vegetable. What do you tell the student?   1 Answer

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaii State Department of Education (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application with 3 letters of recommendations. I waited maybe 1-2montha before they contacted me for an interview. In person interview was conducted in person and lasted 30-45 mins.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a goal and objective for a student with low social skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaii State Department of Education (Honolulu, HI) in September 2016.

Interview

-Applicant Pool
    -Interview is like a quiz based on teaching standards, very structured
    -Once you are in the applicant pool, principals can contact you and offer you jobs
    -The interview with principals can be easy or difficult depending on how many people are in line for the job (which means location is everything)

Interview Questions

• -Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Not very difficult; more of a conversation than an interview; talked about the structure of the Department of education; what types of projects I would be working on; who I would be working with; I think it was more of a personality screening than anything else

MEP Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hawaii State Department of Education.

Interview

Interview was very brief. It seemed more like a "talk story" session than an interview. It was low-key, casual, and kick back. The individual conducting the interview did most of the talking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lihue, HI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hawaii State Department of Education (Lihue, HI) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process is long and applicant sits with a room full of teachers, school personnel and principal. Questions are asked in rotation by different members of the panel. Questions pertained to classroom scenarios, teaching philosophy and specific instructional methods.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a parent came to you concerned about their child's academic performance?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makawao, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hawaii State Department of Education (Makawao, HI) in March 2014.

Interview

There is no real "interview." The candidate signs up at the Department headquarters in Wailuku, takes a deliberately impossible-to-fail exam, and is granted a subbing license good for five years.

Communication Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hawaii State Department of Education (Honolulu, HI) in November 2013.

Interview

Took a long time to get a call back. Once I was told I got the job, it took even longer than they told me to begin working. Once you are on payroll, it takes 2 months to get your first paycheck.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hawaii State Department of Education (Portland, OR) in July 2013.

Interview

By phone, very thorough, principal and vice principal interviewed me twice. They ensured I had the proper qualifications for the position. What they did not tell me was that the salary was the lowest in the nation, commensurate with the high cost of living in the islands.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you taught English Language Learners.   1 Answer

Para Professional Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaii State Department of Education (Honolulu, HI) in September 2012.

Interview

the hiring process is quite long. send in application then call principle. schedule interwiew with principle then wait till a position opens. i work at a school in town and my paycheck took over a month and a half to get a pay check. the children are quite difficult if you have not had prior experience

Interview Questions

• what are the kids that i work with like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation