Hawaiian Airlines Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hawaiian Airlines Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hawaiian Airlines

2.5

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in February 2019.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen with a recruiter. I was called on Christmas Eve by the same recruiter to try and get me to give them a number for my desired salary. I had a one-hour web interview on a very antiquated system that disconnected when I tried to screen share. I was able to share code by copying and pasting into the chat box. I flew to Honolulu for the onsite interview which was a perk of the whole process. They told me the entire potential offer in the interview and gave a salary range below market rate. I had a one hour interview with an engineering manager and a one hour interview with a panel. The questions were pretty easy but in both interviews, they left very little time for me to ask them questions. An employee in the panel told me the company was very disorganized. I received an automated email rejection despite being in contact with HR throughout the entire process. I asked for feedback after every in-person interview and they told me it was against company policy to share that with me, despite the interviewer for my web interview being happy to share feedback and studying recommendations for me. At the time of writing this review, I am still following up with them to get reimbursement for my expenses.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hawaiian Airlines

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Applied online. The process took 1 month all together. I interviewed over the phone with a HR rep (outsourced), then had two web interviews from that point (tech questions asked here) and then finally the in-person interview. It was odd that I was able to answer all the programming questions but was told I was denied due to others having higher programing skills (even though they just built a new office and could use more devs they still didn't want me weird excuse to not hire.... *random thoughts). I got a free trip to Hawaii atleast is the main positive out of this experience.

Interview Questions

• Validate a phone number   Answer Question
    • Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100.
      For multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number.
      For multiples of five print “Buzz” instead of the number.
      For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz" instead of the number.   Answer Question
    • Give an array int that can only consist of 4 unqiue numbers such as 1 2 5 8 proceed to give the count of said individual 4 numbers   Answer Question
    • Give an array int that can contain any numbers proceed to give an array of unqiue numbers and the count of said numbers   Answer Question