Hawaiian Airlines Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in August 2019.

Interview

Initial technical interview via web cam. Then flying in from the continental US to Honolulu. Candidate is expected to spend 6 hours in the plane, and upon landing to head directly to the interview site, to be grilled for 3 hours by 3 different groups. Technical interview is last. For the last group you sit in front of 3/4 different people who ask very specific questions, not shy of showing you wrong, and they are right, and testing you on a white board (no dev environment). At the end I was totally drained that I could not even answer the simplest questions which would have been fine in normal circumstances. I guess it depends on your personality. At the end of the interview I felt that none of the interviewers had asked the right questions, and that they did not know me at all. I did not even get a chance to speak about the projects I had worked on. I had high expectations about this opportunity, but will not regret it since I have been offered a higher paid position at a different company.
Lastly, be warned that taxi from/to your home address to/from the airport is NOT a reimbursable expense.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions? (last group, after having your questions answered by the two previous groups)   Answer Question