Hawaiian Electric Company Interview Questions in Honolulu, HI | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2016

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hawaiian Electric Company

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Electric Company (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Standard set of questions, standard set of disclosures. 3 people in a conference room. Feel like the hiring process is a formality and they are just required to interview a few outside candidates so that they can promote within.

Designer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Electric Company (Honolulu, HI) in January 2015.

Interview

The questions are not ad lib, they all came from prepared documents from HR including all of the standard disclaimers and the necessities that ensures that they are in full compliance with various labor regulations. Very few questions deviated from the script, and no technical questions were posed for this entry level engineering position. All the qualifications need to be included within the resume, otherwise, the posed interview questions will not help to reveal or extract that information during the interview, even if you wanted to say so.
    The standard review period post-interview is usually 2 weeks, but it took almost 2 months for my results to be conveyed via email, after I had sent a request to the HR department asking about the status of the applied position.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were focused on customer service, just variations on the same topic but from different approaches or situations.   1 Answer

IT Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Electric Company (Honolulu, HI) in March 2011.

Interview

A long process, but probably typical for larger companies.