Hawaiian Electric Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hawaiian Electric Company

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Electric Company (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Standard set of questions, standard set of disclosures. 3 people in a conference room. Feel like the hiring process is a formality and they are just required to interview a few outside candidates so that they can promote within.

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Electric Company.

Interview

Signed up for group testing to qualify for company. POSS test. A few weeks later they call for an interview. Interview by group panel along with HR. Interview questions vary from technical (how to use P&IDs) to general (how to deal with co-workers attitude problems). After the interview get invited to take a job sample test. After that HR calls with offer pending physical and drug screen.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Electric Company (Honolulu, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Hiring process took a long time from initial application to date of hire. I was asked to apply directly through the website. Panel interview consisted of a pretty standard line of questioning. Interview panel consisted of the hiring managers and HR representative. It took several weeks before I heard back, so I explored other offers, but ultimately selected this one.

Interview Questions

• How has your work history prepared you to work at this company?   Answer Question

Designer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Electric Company (Honolulu, HI) in January 2015.

Interview

The questions are not ad lib, they all came from prepared documents from HR including all of the standard disclaimers and the necessities that ensures that they are in full compliance with various labor regulations. Very few questions deviated from the script, and no technical questions were posed for this entry level engineering position. All the qualifications need to be included within the resume, otherwise, the posed interview questions will not help to reveal or extract that information during the interview, even if you wanted to say so.
    The standard review period post-interview is usually 2 weeks, but it took almost 2 months for my results to be conveyed via email, after I had sent a request to the HR department asking about the status of the applied position.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were focused on customer service, just variations on the same topic but from different approaches or situations.   1 Answer

IT Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Electric Company (Honolulu, HI) in March 2011.

Interview

A long process, but probably typical for larger companies.

Fiscal Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hawaiian Electric Company (Hilo, HI) in November 2010.

Interview

Initially was invited via email. The interview consisted of an HR rep and the Accounting Manager. The questions seemed cordial and easy at first, then became progressively challenging and borderline intrusive. I believe this was a test to see how one responded under controversy and/or pressure. They were definitely looking for a specific type to fit their mold.

Interview Questions

It would have required a relocation, and not worth the salary. Old, dated offices and equipment. Felt like I was going back in time about 20 years.