Cover image for Hawthorne Gardening Company

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Hawthorne Gardening Company Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 6 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hawthorne Gardening Company

Hawthorne Gardening Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawthorne Gardening Company in Sep 2021

Interview

Had a final interview with the hiring manager and never heard back in regards to my candidacy. The hiring process was long and they went unresponsive when prompted for feedback or information regarding my candidacy (ghosted).

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to travel frequently for this role
    1 Answer

Hawthorne Gardening Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawthorne Gardening Company in May 2021

Interview

All of their job postings say the position is in Livermore CA so they schedule a bunch of online interviews only for me to find out “oh BYW we’re moving to Tracy”. Why would they not mention that in their job posting??! What a waste of time!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hawthorne Gardening Company

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hawthorne Gardening Company in Feb 2021

Interview

Had a final interview with the hiring manager and never heard back in regards to my candidacy. I found out that they went with another candidate through a friend who worked for the company. Very unprofessional. The hiring process was drawn out too long when they claimed they were urgently trying to fill the position.

Interview Questions
  • Scenario questions in regards to how I would handle certain customer service situation.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawthorne Gardening Company (Dublin, CA)

Interview

1. Phone Call with Talent Acquisition Manager based in Marysville, OH 2. Video Call with Category Manager 3. Video Call with VP of Marketing 4. Video Call with 2 Category Directors

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about a time when you had a staff member that wasn't performing welll
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Hawthorne Gardening Company (Vancouver, WA) in Jan 2020

Interview

January 13th 2020 Interview 1- phone screen with recruiter March 10th 2020 Interview 2- Virtual call ( moved to virtual call from on-site due to Covid). Call was set into 6 blows last with 1-3 people in each call. After the first call, I realized the position was over my expertise level based on very very technical electrical design question not related to interview, so I emailed HR withdrawing my candidacy. March 17th HR reaches out by email and calls to ask me to reconsider the role, and asks me to have another call with the hiring manager March 24 Interview #3 - hiring manager and another employee reach out to apologize for previous interview and interview again April 202O Interview #4- interview with direct supervisor May 19 2020 Interview #5 - interview with a sales person in the same business unit. June 5th- HR reaches out to inform me that position will be reopened to assess people out of work due to COVID. But assured me I am still in the running and a top candidate. July 202- bring manager reaches out a says COVID delaying offers and HR. August 2020, I accept position with another company. And email Hr to inform with no reply. Overall I would not recommend unless you like being strung along and dealing with a 5 month interview process only to be ghosted for a better candidate. Which is fine, but I withdrew my application because so felt the role wasn’t suited to me and they reached out and asked me to reconsider !

Interview Questions
  • Lots of different question depending on the person . Mostly technical questions/ basic leadership tell me about a time …

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawthorne Gardening Company (Vancouver, WA) in Mar 2019

Interview

My first interview was over the phone was with HR for an initial phone screen and went great ! My second interview was terrible. They called me and were pulling random questions that had nothing to do with the job or me as a person. They were not organized or even ready for the interview. They were actually 5 min late and the second person was 10 min late.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful
RSS Feed
</>Embed

Work at Hawthorne Gardening Company? Share Your Experiences

Hawthorne Gardening Company logo

Hawthorne Gardening Company Careers

Cover image for Hawthorne Gardening Company

Cultivating companies with a love for gardening as green as the gardens they grow. Hawthorne Gardening Co. is a house of brands that...More

• What We Believe
  • What You'll Get

Company Updates

900 days ago

Health, Safety and Financial Wellness amid Coronavirus Our business is a key part of the supply chain for essential businesses and activities, from home centers and hardware stores to fresh food cultivation and the controlling of rodents and insects. During this time of uncertainty, it's important to know where companies stand before making a job or career change. We're dedicated to the safety of our candidates and associates. That's true whether you're looking for a part-time role to get through this tough season or want to make your next career move. Our coronavirus (COVID-19) response team monitors the impact daily. We have introduced premium pay as a temporary benefit and have taken steps to sanitize facilities and protect our frontline associates. We hope you're healthy and safe, and look forward to connecting with you.

1786 days ago

Our Vermicrop team recently held their 3rd annual VermiFest: Our festival for the community! The event is totally free, and attendees get a taste of the Vermi culture. We also show them crazy amounts of Vermi love. We recently held our third VermiFest celebration, and over 350 people from the community attended. It was amazing! This year, we had music, food trucks, candy, bounce houses, balloon animals, and games including limbo, giant Connect Four, corn hole and many other carnival games. We also had a Halloween costume contest, pumpkin decorating, free photos, and great raffle prizes. VermiFest means a lot to our associates and is a highlight of our team’s year. Throughout the event, our volunteers are making sure that our guests are having a great time. And after the event is over, we’re already anxious for the next one. Everyone feels more connected with the community because of VermiFest. Thank you to Vermicrop Director of Operations John Perrino and our Vermicrop associates who make this event possible!
Shared image

Hawthorne Gardening Company Photos

+ Add Photo
Hawthorne Gardening Company photo of: Our friends at Leafly spotted this relic of a backpack on the train in Seattle. Must be at least 5 years old. Anyone else have one of these?
Hawthorne Gardening Company photo of: Always a fun time at the GH headquarters
Hawthorne Gardening Company photo of: Zowee can't help but smile when looking at all that great GH product. Make sure to swing by Ecogarden Supply located at 800 Transfer Rd #3 St. Paul MN 55114
Hawthorne Gardening Company photo of: Zoe visiting Cerritos Hydroponics. Shoutout to Cody and Jack for holding it down.
Hawthorne Gardening Company photo of: We call this one- Focused Primal Rage
Hawthorne Gardening Company photo of: Our team had a great time at CannaCon Boston not too long ago. Thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth
Hawthorne Gardening Company photo of: Keep that CaMg+ in your sights during your next purchase.

Expert Career Advice