Hays Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Hays Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Hays

3.5

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

4 Stages:
1) Telephone (circa 15 mins)
2) Face to Face (CBI - 1 hour)
3) Assessment Centre (circa 4 hours - with 8-12 people at it. A number of different role plays. Do some research on recruitment techniques and good outcomes)
4) Final Face to Face with Director (1-2 Hours - addressing any concerns you think they might have about it. You need to be able to self-critique here).

Interview Questions

• A lot about the four core values and how I could demonstrate it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays (Noida (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

they are taking 3 rounds. first round was written basic aptitude, basic concepts. and two rounds are interview. they are just checking your communication skills and basic concepts related to c, oops, java/.net.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online.
    4 stages process from telephone interview to face to face interview to assessment day to final competency interview.
    Assessment day very challenging but rewarding too makes you see if you would really like being in recruitment

Interview Questions

• Sales is a dirty word? Agree or disagree?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

It took me three weeks to have interviews with both the senior trainer and the team manager. As I was not in my home country, both interviews were on the phone. Had great chats with both interviewers. They are really looking for someone who is passionate about the recruitment industry. Also, the team manager is looking for some market knowledge of your selected specialism.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how do Boolean Search for a particular positions in HSBC?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Brighton, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screening done from a script, followed by a face to face with a Director, followed by 3 hours of role playing and sales testing.

Very long, tiring process for a very low paid role. If you've got a bit of personality and confidence it's not too difficult but it's way over the top.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hays?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hays (Southampton, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a vigorous process which determined whether or not we really wanted this role. We were required to demonstrate energy, commercial awareness and social skills through a four stage process but the feedback was quick and definitive.

After a telephone interview, I was quickly invited to meet the internal recruiter before being asked to attend a group assessment centre where the Director attended. There were a few role plays and commercial questions but they were mainly looking for who had the motivation and desire to succeed

Interview Questions

• What is your key motivation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Was recommended by a friend, the internal recruiter got in touch immediately and organised an interview for the next day. Standard interview questions and a role play (simulating a recruiting call). At the end of the interview was invited to an assessment day. This lasted half a day, there were about eight of us. Involved more role play, arguing either for or against a statement, individual interviews with different managers. Received an offer by phone that afternoon. Started two or three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Argue for or against the statement: 'It's not what you say, it's how you say it'.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

3 stage interview process, phone interview, assessment centre and final stage process with hiring managers of which they feel which sector is best for you. Sometimes the final stage can be with a couple of hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What motivated me as a person   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2014.

Interview

1. Initial phone interview for 30 minutes
    2. Hays Assessment - be ready to role play as a recruiter; defend and argue statement, be convincing. Analyze and compare resumes in team, pitch a candidate to client, business development call, and finally headhunting call.

Interview Questions

• Business development call to a client whose employee you successfully headhunted just a week ago.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Telephone Interview followed by a face to face with progressing levels of management. Perhaps to see how easily intimidated you are. I had advance warning from a friend who worked there about a particularly tough manager. However, I managed to get him laughing, success!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided outstanding client service?   Answer Question