Hays Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2017

3.8

129 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

Applied online, got an email for a phone interview (consisted of behavioral questions and a casual role play), had another phone interview (behavioral questions based on the 4 core values), was set up for an assessment center via Skype. Waiting to hear back from them about the result. Best preparation I can recommend is to a) do extensive research about Hays and its services b) anticipate the interviewer fighting you back during the assessment center - be prepared to provide alternate solutions or persuasive arguments at every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• If you want to headhunt a senior product manager at a company but don't have their email or phone number, and you're at their switchboard who is refusing to patch you through, how do you negotiate?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays in January 2015.

Interview

There were four rounds. First was a mix of role-play and behavioral questions. Second was very short and more behavioral questions. Third was the assessment center. And finally a talk with the director. Overall, everyone was nice and I had a good talk with the manager who led the assessment center. However, the final interview left me puzzled because the director only asked a few questions but then determined they had a good idea of who I was. Then I ended up not getting the job. Their reasoning was because I did not have a sales background. My question is: Why string someone along through four rounds to only decline them for something you would have known just by looking at my resume??????? In the end, waste of time. Don't apply if you have no sales background.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Canberra (Australia)).

Interview

The interview process was smooth. Quick responses. Involved three stages. One initial consultation followed by an assessment centre then a final interview. No more than a few days between. Recruiter was kind and approachable. Would recommend to do significant background research prior to assessment centre. Understand your CV as well.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Multiple phases to the interview process.
    1. A telephone interview, where they ask you what you're currently doing, why you want to work for Hays and why recruitment?

2. If successful you then go through to a meeting with a manager at the nearest office. Mine was really informal, the manager asked me what I would do in certain scenarios and similar questions to before- (about me? Why hays? Why recruitment?)

3. Then you go to an assessment centre. Here I was with three other candidates and we completed a series of tasks. First a short 5 minute presentation about yourself, second a role play of a calling a client, third write a job advert based on information received then finally a role play of trying to sell your candidate to a client. You are giving guidance throughout and the people leading the day definitely try and give obstacles throughout but this is just to see how you react and how you overcome them/think on your feet.

4. Finally, you get through to a final interview. This is with the managing director of your area and a manager in a potential specialism you could work in. Here they ask you about yourself, discuss your CV and your experience throughout the recruitment process. This interview is challenging as again they really do try to challenge you on things you've said, but again it's to try to see how you respond and think on your feet.
    You receive feedback quite quickly after this, of successful, and then pending references the job is yours!

Although the process is hard and can be quite stressful; I really felt they were giving me a good indication of the reality of the job and ultimately working out if it was for me and if I was for them.

Everyone I met along the process was really friendly and easy to talk to; no one tries to intimidate you.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

Formal interview, two different role play scenarios, variety of questions. Definitely beneficial to do research on company and prepare yourself beforehand. Have a couple of questions to ask the interviewer at the end of the interview.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

There were 4 rounds and I made it through to the final stage. First stage, phone interview. Second, 1 on 1 interview. Third, group assessment morning. Final, interview with directors at office at which I had applied for.

The process is very thorough and you really do get a strong feel of what it would feel like to be a recruitment consultant at Hays. You role play plenty of situations in which you have to think on your feet so it was very challenging in that respect.

The main reason I did not get offered a job was because in the final interview I did not convey enough passion for the job role. I feel like this was perhaps the right decision. I feel like it would be a job that I could do really well in but not necessarily a passion,

The process has generally boosted my confidence getting so far into the process and I'll continue looking for something I am passionate about.

Interview Questions

• Why Hays?
      Why Recruitment?
      Lots of situational role plays.   Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Initial call with an employee to discuss motivations, why recruitment etc.
    Invited to London for an interview lasting nearly two hours. Quite relaxed environment and asking about CV, what do I know about Hays, recruitment, their business model etc.
    Two days later I had an interview with a Director 1on1 who asked me questions about my CV, and practiced a BD call. Then a senior manager, also practiced a scenario calling a potential client. Then two other consultants interviewed me to get to know me personally. Finally another 1on1 with a senior consultant which was a relaxed conversation. This was more a chat than an interview.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a long chat with a recruitment consultant who thought I suited the role, then I spoke with the person who was in charge of the internal recruitment. After I was invited to an assessment day which was a great learning experience where I got to meet some of the directors of the branch.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Bath, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very intense and gruelling however this is due to hiring the best/ right person for the job and understanding that they will be a right fit for the company and also the industry.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Amazing recruitment team. I was first head hunted by one of the recruitment consultants: Harriet. She alongside the internal recruiter: Jordan were extremely supportive and prompt in providing feedback and advice throughout the process.
    Three stage process: first stage interview, assessment centre, final stage interview
    Presented many challenges that highlighted the importance of resilience and provided a realistic overview of what to expect from the role and the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Understand what it is you want from the role? And also what you want in your career
    The salary is very basic but, self drive and self belief is important in order to understand the long terms benefits