Hays Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Hays Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Oct 7, 2017

3.8

103 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Multiple phases to the interview process.
1. A telephone interview, where they ask you what you're currently doing, why you want to work for Hays and why recruitment?

2. If successful you then go through to a meeting with a manager at the nearest office. Mine was really informal, the manager asked me what I would do in certain scenarios and similar questions to before- (about me? Why hays? Why recruitment?)

3. Then you go to an assessment centre. Here I was with three other candidates and we completed a series of tasks. First a short 5 minute presentation about yourself, second a role play of a calling a client, third write a job advert based on information received then finally a role play of trying to sell your candidate to a client. You are giving guidance throughout and the people leading the day definitely try and give obstacles throughout but this is just to see how you react and how you overcome them/think on your feet.

4. Finally, you get through to a final interview. This is with the managing director of your area and a manager in a potential specialism you could work in. Here they ask you about yourself, discuss your CV and your experience throughout the recruitment process. This interview is challenging as again they really do try to challenge you on things you've said, but again it's to try to see how you respond and think on your feet.
You receive feedback quite quickly after this, of successful, and then pending references the job is yours!

Although the process is hard and can be quite stressful; I really felt they were giving me a good indication of the reality of the job and ultimately working out if it was for me and if I was for them.

Everyone I met along the process was really friendly and easy to talk to; no one tries to intimidate you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

Formal interview, two different role play scenarios, variety of questions. Definitely beneficial to do research on company and prepare yourself beforehand. Have a couple of questions to ask the interviewer at the end of the interview.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

There were 4 rounds and I made it through to the final stage. First stage, phone interview. Second, 1 on 1 interview. Third, group assessment morning. Final, interview with directors at office at which I had applied for.

The process is very thorough and you really do get a strong feel of what it would feel like to be a recruitment consultant at Hays. You role play plenty of situations in which you have to think on your feet so it was very challenging in that respect.

The main reason I did not get offered a job was because in the final interview I did not convey enough passion for the job role. I feel like this was perhaps the right decision. I feel like it would be a job that I could do really well in but not necessarily a passion,

The process has generally boosted my confidence getting so far into the process and I'll continue looking for something I am passionate about.

Interview Questions

• Why Hays?
      Why Recruitment?
      Lots of situational role plays.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Initial call with an employee to discuss motivations, why recruitment etc.
    Invited to London for an interview lasting nearly two hours. Quite relaxed environment and asking about CV, what do I know about Hays, recruitment, their business model etc.
    Two days later I had an interview with a Director 1on1 who asked me questions about my CV, and practiced a BD call. Then a senior manager, also practiced a scenario calling a potential client. Then two other consultants interviewed me to get to know me personally. Finally another 1on1 with a senior consultant which was a relaxed conversation. This was more a chat than an interview.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Bath, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very intense and gruelling however this is due to hiring the best/ right person for the job and understanding that they will be a right fit for the company and also the industry.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Amazing recruitment team. I was first head hunted by one of the recruitment consultants: Harriet. She alongside the internal recruiter: Jordan were extremely supportive and prompt in providing feedback and advice throughout the process.
    Three stage process: first stage interview, assessment centre, final stage interview
    Presented many challenges that highlighted the importance of resilience and provided a realistic overview of what to expect from the role and the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Understand what it is you want from the role? And also what you want in your career
    The salary is very basic but, self drive and self belief is important in order to understand the long terms benefits

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 stages.

An initial telephone interview.
    Graduate open day.
    Assessment centre.
    Final interview.

Overall, this was a very pleasant experience. Daunting of course as Hays are a huge organisation and you need to do your homework in order to progress.

The phone interview was with a lady by the name of Rachel. Quite a simple telephone conversation, discussing what I know about the company and the 360 recruitment process. At the end of the call, she advised I got through to the next stage and she would be my point of call throughout the process.

The graduate open day consisted of around 30 people. There were various tasks throughout the day whereby we had to showcase some of our presentation and communication skills. We got a very good insight into the company and the way they operate.

The assessment centre was a couple of weeks later. This stage was tough. Need to do your homework and go there with the intention to put your best foot forward. In this stage you get a real feel of what the job could entail. Of course, all of the activities are role plays, but the Hays staff really put you through your paces. It's most likely in this stage where you'll know whether Hays is something for you or not.

The final interview is with the director(s) of the department you could be placed in. A very pleasant experience whereby it gives both parties to get to know each other a little more and see if you'll fit within the team and company.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience and the internal recruiter, Rachel, was extremely helpful throughout and she should be commended for her hard work.

Interview Questions

• Resilience based, company knowledge, 360 process and recruitment based.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Great interview process. Usually 4 stages of interview.

1. Phone call with internal recruiter . Then arranged a face to face interview
    2. Interview with recruiter - going through CV, what your motivations are and your understanding of company , as well as recruitment. This included role play of BD call. Seeing what your strengths are and given feedback straight away on the call.
    3. Assessment centre - tough but rewarding , gives great insight into the job. If you had any grey areas the job role is made very clear in this process. It is tough and challenging but is designed to see if you can handle what the role entails. You definitely learn a lot about Hays and the role in this part of the process.
    4. If successful at the assessment centre , you have a final interview with directors - for whichever team you will be entering. Intended to understand you as a individual. Great opportunity to ask questions of those who have been though it.

Overall , fantastic recruitment process and definitely allows you to have a realistic feel for the company, individuals and what the role entails. Such great positive individuals. Hays recruitment process is dynamic in comparison to other companies I've interviewed with because it allows you to really really understand what you will be getting yourself into , and teaches you a lot with feedback through every step.

Interview Questions

• Why hays?
      Why recruitment ?
      How have you shown resilience ?
      Etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations available

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process consists of 4 stages.

- Telephone interview with Internal Recruiter
    -Face to Face interview with Internal Recruiter (mine was with Jordan Purdie)
    - Group Assessment Day (filled with challenging yet enjoyable activities)
    - Final Stage interview with Hiring Manager and Department Director

These stages all face challenging activities to point out your key skills, strengths and personality. The telephone interview consisted of quick competency questions, which I was then invited to a face to face interview, this consisted of again going through your experiences/CV and a quick New Business role play. Moving on to the Assessment day, there was about 10 candidates in total which we had represent our personal brand, then another New Business call to a prospective client role play, writing out a job advert and finally meeting the client role play where you have to represent your chosen candidate. The final stage was to meet with the hiring manager and director (separately, on the same day) so they could get to know you better.

My whole process was very challenging, but enjoyable and Jordan Purdie, who was the internal recruiter who had interviewed me at the beginning made sure he kept in touch with me throughout the process, this made me see that HAYS employees really do value people.

I was offered the Job at the end of my final interview and very happily accepted. I am very excited to start my lengthy and successful career at HAYS and to see where this journey takes me.

I would personally like to thank Jordan Purdie for being so attentive throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in recruitment?
      Whats your biggest achievement?   Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview (behavioural questions)

Interview ( talked through career history / decision made and what I understood about HAYS)

Assessment Day (*a chance for you to be yourself*) Role plays - allowing you to evidence your natural ability and confidence of selling the services available to potential clients, to demonstrate your ability to build rapport, sell candidates and LISTEN out for potential leads / opportunity. A great day for you to put your skills to the test, take on board feedback and develop during the day while enjoying yourself in a relaxed environment.

Final Interview - A more in depth formal chat with Director and Regional - made to feel at ease. A chance to once again talk through your career to date, choices made and desire to progress with a global business. A chance to talk through commission structures, career progression. The final stage for you to sell yourself.