Hays Interview Questions in Bristol, England | Glassdoor

3.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

4 stages - I have got through 3 of them and have the final one today. Very challenging but possible if you do your research. Understand the role of a recruitment consultant and the company ethos and values. Each stage is necessary and you learn so much from each one. Even if I don't get through, I will be happy to have had such valuable interview experience with such lovely and professional people.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

thorough!
    there was a telephone interview followed up by a face to face interview which lead to an assessment day. following this i had an interview with a director and senior director

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

4 stage process, telephone interview, a face-to-face interview, assessment centre and then a final interview. The process is thorough and involves role-play which allows you to experience what type of role you will be going into. It's good as both Hays and yourselves can decide if this is the right role and allows you to get to know what you will be doing and what is expected. Unlike some interviews where you're not sure what a typical day-to-day will be like, a full insight is provided.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of recruitment and a typical role of a recruitment consultant?   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays (Bristol, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone conversation then invited to interview. Scheduled this to coincide with their assessment day so that if successful during the first interview, you could stay for the assessment.

After the interview in the morning I was asked back for the assessment that afternoon. This involved a powerpoint on the company and many different role play activities. Found this to be a great way to interview as you were able to really get a feel for the job and to expect the unexpected.

Received a phone call a couple of days later informing I had been successful during this process and the next stage was an interview with one of the Business Directors. This was quite informal and relaxed and I suppose more of way to see how you would fit within the team. The final interview I feel really let me know that Hays was right for me and that it was where I wanted to work. Had a call the following day to tell me I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Write an advert for a job.

Sell a candidate to a client.

Ring a prospective client and bring them onboard with Hays.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Stage 1 phone interview, Stage 2 Group Assessment, Stage 3 1-1 interview

Phone interview with a tandom person, then the phone interview with director then the assessment centre 6 other people. Final interview with the othet director

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us. What do you know about the company. Do you agree or dissagree with the statement. Never judge a book by its cover and why. Do you agree or disagree with the statement sales is a dirty word. Various role play. Shown around the office meet various people. We got asked about who we met and what we thought.   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hays (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview roughly 15 minutes - "why do you want to work for hay's?", "what would motivate you to work at hay's?".

Face to face interview roughly 1 hour - questions asked in relation to CV, role play at the end (tip-try to secure an interview!).

Group assessment - There were 7 people in my group including me. We watched a short film about Hay's followed by Q+A and then a small introduction about yourself. Then you will be given a statement, you have to stand up and argue either for or against (tip-do not sit on the fence!), you have to complete two role plays (selling candidate to client and a business development call), we were given a tour around the office and then we had the final task of writing an advert for someone applying to work at Hay's.

In the role plays, always try to secure an interview, they care about your techniques not your knowledge. Make sure you listen carefully so you can answer sufficiently. Use creative licence, it will help a lot.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What are Hay's core values?   1 Answer

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Bristol, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very long process: firstly an initial brief phone call from manager at chosen branch to tell me more about the job role and line me up for a telephone interview. Gave me good advice about what to prepare for. Then a telephone interview which lasted about half an hour, quite chatty and informal really. If you are successful from there, there is a 1 on 1 interview with a member of management from chosen branch. For me this lasted over an hour, although it didnt feel that long! Again I was given really good advice on what to prepare for and what would happen in the interview and it turned out to be, again, quite informal and a really good chance to get to know about the company and culture. It ends with a recruitment call role play, with the aim of trying to secure an interview for your candidate. Obviously try to secure one, I however didn't but must have impressed enough in previous part of interview as I was put forward for next stage at the end of the interview. If successful from there you attend an assessment centre. In mine there was 8 of us from various different offices. It was quite intense as you are given little time to prepare for role plays that you have to perform in front of the rest of the group. However, I found it really rewarding as you are given feedback at each stage and you get the chance to learn from each other also. There is an office walkaround at this stage where you get to see what it's like there and chat to current employees to ask any questions, which is really helpful and a really good insight!
    I was successful after my assessment centre and now have my final interview with the regional director this afternoon. I'm really nervous as I now want the job more than ever! Can't say whether or not I got an offer as I haven't been yet, but really hope I do!

Interview Questions

• What are our values, why hays, why recruitment, 'its not what you say its how you say it...agree/disagree'   1 Answer