Hays Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

3.4

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Stage 1 - Telephone interview, reviewing CV and application process, asking basic questions about myself and the company/job. It is very helpful if you research the company - they appreciate it!
Stage 2 - Face to Face Interview with a manager. They asked more questions about myself and my situation, as well as some situational questions.

Interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

4 stages - I have got through 3 of them and have the final one today. Very challenging but possible if you do your research. Understand the role of a recruitment consultant and the company ethos and values. Each stage is necessary and you learn so much from each one. Even if I don't get through, I will be happy to have had such valuable interview experience with such lovely and professional people.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

The first stage involved a telephone conversation which involved speaking about why I would want to work for Hays and why do I want to work in the recruitment industry.

After this I was invited to an interview in Cambridge. As I arrived at the train station in Cambridge I got a call 40 minutes before my interview saying that the person who was suppose to do my interview could not do it because she was on a half day at work. After receiving this news I was obviously annoyed at the fact I spent most of my day preparing for the interview and had to wait for over an hour for a train back.

The interview was rearranged the following week in a different location. After not being successful with the interview, I asked about any reimbursement for the cost of the train tickets. They said they would only reimburse if I got the job, even though they contacted me 40 minutes before the first interview to tell me they had to rearrange.

Interview Questions

• Mock call with a possible client   1 Answer

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

In person interview and then invited to assessment centre. Assessment centre was very fast paced but enjoyable and fun. Make sure you listen to what they are asking you to do, lots of people delivered presentations that were not in the format that they had asked us to do.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Started with a full day Graduate Open Day. The following week I had an assessment centre for 3 hours. The week after that was the final interview with a director and manager.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Hays over other graduate recruitment programmes?   Answer Question
    • Which specialism do you think you would be best suited to, and why?   Answer Question
    • Choose one of 3 CVs and place the chosen person into a job, according their skills and personality type.   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

10 minute telephone-screening.
    1 full day of graudate open day with 30 people attending my session.
    3 hour assessment centre with 10 people attending my session.
    2 hour interview with a director and manager.

throught all stages I had a 'talent scout' who was on call should I want to discuss anything - and she was really helpful, ensuring that I knew what to expect and helped me prepare.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a few days. A hiring agent called to arrange a telephone interview which would be about 15 to 20 minutes. The telephone interview was fairly relaxed and the agent was friendly and offered feedback on responses. After the telephone interview, I was invited for an interview in person which would have led to a final, third stage had I been successful.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Initially I received a phosne call and was asked a few questions over the phone. A very short phone interview.

Next I was invited to have a face-to-face 1:1 interview.

It was explained to me that the next step would be a presentation day, but I did not get invited to this round.

Interview Questions

• Please take a few minutes to think about how you would approach a client about a possible candidate.
      Role-play the phone call.   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process had four main components: a phone interview, a face to face interview with an internal recruiter, an assessment centre, and final interviews. The phone interview was very relaxed, it was mainly just going through my CV and general questions about why I wanted to work in recruitment. The assessment centre consisted of four sections: an introduction of yourself and the selling of one of Hays' USPs (selected at random), a business development call (with regular objections), the writing of a job advertisement, and selling in a potential candidate. This was then followed by a tour of the office. The final interview was with the managers of specific sectors (decided by the people assessing you at the assessment centre).

The process was professional throughout. Both the internal recruiters, Lauren Wise and Anne-Marie Kalas, were great throughout each stage and everyone who worked there seemed friendly and willing to help. My general feedback was that I was not professional enough, which was perhaps due to me trying to show too much personality in the final interviews rather than demonstrating how capable I actually am.

The one thing I didn't like was that I wasn't told the actual role I'd be doing until during the final interview. After the assessment centre you're given the sector but not the actual desk you'd be managing. Although I feel like I showed enthusiasm towards both sectors and the respective desks, further research on the specific role would have been invaluable. Overall, I was pleased with my experience and am naturally disappointed that I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Hays?
      Why recruitment?
      Example of a time you've been resilient.   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Casual phone interview
    Face-to-face interview
    Assessment centre
    Final-stage interview (which I did not complete)

The assessment centre was nerve-wracking but you just have to appear really confident and put yourself out there.

For example, we were given three CVs and a job description and asked to pick which one was most appropriate. I just picked the most obvious one and when it came to the time for me to suggest it the interviewer said "oh I've already rejected him." I thought this meant she wanted me to pick a more hard-to-sell CV but upon reflection I think she wanted me to CHALLENGE HER. That is the key - my feedback was that I didn't take rejection well, probably because of this.