Hays Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 5, 2017

3.3

121 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hays in April 2017.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews for such an entry level role.
It feels like you are applying for a Goldmansac career and gotten accepted and ended up in a data entry career. Too much for a company like them to make such many interviews for a small role. If you are keen for it, or are into force selling... yes, this will be a perfect career path for you...

Interview Questions

• Why hays? Tell me what you see yourself in 5 years time? The process of recruitment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

Thorough and positive. You are pushed with ambitious questions that are designed to motivate and inspire your mind. I encourage anyone thinking of a career in recruitment to get involved with Hays.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the prime characteristic of top sales performers?   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays in March 2015.

Interview

Four interviews 3 week long process.
    phone interview
    face to face
    assessment day ( Here they let you make actual inquiries to people looking for a job. It is scary but after a few calls you will be fine)
    still waiting on my ref check.

Loved the people that works there. Haven't revived a call back after my final interview. hoping for the best.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hays   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

Quite long-winded, and strange. 4 stages in total, a telephone interview, in person interview, assessment centre and a competency based interview.

You are asked basic recruitment questions, then you are asked to perform situations.

Didn't receive any relevant or helpful feedback.

Interview Questions

• A situation (something similar to this) - You have provided 5 temps and 2 haven't turned up for work.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hays (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was very thorough and engaging. 4 stage process - 1 telephone interview, 1 interview with business director, 1 assessment centre and 1 interview with regional business director and desk manager.

Internal recruitment team are lovely and really want the best outcome for you as an applicant if they feel you would be a suitable candidate. Formal interviews were challenging but enjoyable - interview with regional director was particularly difficult but this is a great way to prepare you for the recruitment industry by putting you under pressure and testing your knowledge and commitment.

The assessment centre was great - as an experienced consultant I feel this was relevant to the role and a realistic insight into the role of a RC. Consisted of a role play business development call in front of the group which included a different scenario for each applicant, a job advert excersise and a candidate selling excerise to finish.

The overall experience was very rewarding. My previous interview procedure for my old company was very informal and didn't give much insight into the role other than explaining the negatives (long days, high targets etc). for an associate candidate this process may seem daunting however speaking from experience, if you don't relish the challenge at the interview stage you will not succeed in the recruitment industry.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

thorough!
    there was a telephone interview followed up by a face to face interview which lead to an assessment day. following this i had an interview with a director and senior director

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process is a telephone interview fairly simple, just required to know abit of the company and explain some interests to the job role. I applied for an internship and went through to the next process, the group open day. Required to stand out and show rea interest to the company. You are requires to introduce yourself and and say an interesting fact about yourself as a ice breaker. Make sure youve researched the company. Very important. Recruitment was not for me and I did not move further in the process. Be confident and show your interest as directors are also their during the open day which last roughly 3 hours.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Consisted of a Telephone Interview, Face to Face Interview, Assessment Centre, and a Final Face to Face interview. Everyone was really supportive and friendly, loved the process and love working for them now

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

1st round : Phone Interview. Have a clear understanding of Hays and the role of a recruitment consultant.

2nd round : Interview with two managers. Again have a very clear understanding of Hays and the role you are interviewing for. They will test you with a mock business development call. Basically a cold call which you need to prepare in advance.

3rd round : Group interview with 4 parts to it. 1st is a 2 minute presentation to a new client. 2nd is a mock phone call. 3rd is writing up a job description. 4th is selling a candidate to a client. You will be sent an email with an info pack 24 hours before the assessment day. Make sure you prepare fully in advanced.

Interview Questions

• What is the day to day tasks of a recruitment consultant?

Why do you want to work for Hays?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

I had a lot of steps though
    1. Open Day
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Assessment Center
    4. Second Phone Interview
    5. 1:1 Interview with the director
    It was a really long process for me, maybe because I am in the Asia recruitment. Usually I heard people saying it would only be four steps. Even after the final interview, for my case, that's just the end of the UK process and I may still have to go through the Asia process. It is a very long journey but I really want the job. I would recommend this one as overall I have a very positive experience on those interviews!
    Still waiting for the last interview and I would update the status after I did!