Hays Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hays Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Hays

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays (New York, NY).

Interview

Hays first reached out to me with a phone screening through one of their internal recruiters. I then was asked to join them for an in-person interview in their New York City office. I ended up going on 4 in person. What bothered me about the process was that after every meeting the internal recruiter took a week to get back to me telling me I had yet another interview. After my final interview I just never heard back from them. Nothing. I can maybe understand this if it is only after the phone screening but after four interviews, reach out and let me know I did not receive the position. Leaving an interviewer hanging with no information about what is possibly the least professional thing an employer can do. Overall the interview process helped sharpen my interview skills, but I was a little displeased to receive no feedback after a lengthy interview process and many hours commuted.

Interview Questions

• Role play about how you would ”sell” a job opportunity to a candidate   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hays in April 2017.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews for such an entry level role.
    It feels like you are applying for a Goldmansac career and gotten accepted and ended up in a data entry career. Too much for a company like them to make such many interviews for a small role. If you are keen for it, or are into force selling... yes, this will be a perfect career path for you...

Interview Questions

• Why hays? Tell me what you see yourself in 5 years time? The process of recruitment?   1 Answer

Hays Response

Feb 1, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback.

Often times our hiring managers will role play different scenarios with candidates, to give them a feel for the work they would do in the position. We have... More

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

Thorough and positive. You are pushed with ambitious questions that are designed to motivate and inspire your mind. I encourage anyone thinking of a career in recruitment to get involved with Hays.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the prime characteristic of top sales performers?   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays in March 2015.

Interview

Four interviews 3 week long process.
    phone interview
    face to face
    assessment day ( Here they let you make actual inquiries to people looking for a job. It is scary but after a few calls you will be fine)
    still waiting on my ref check.

Loved the people that works there. Haven't revived a call back after my final interview. hoping for the best.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hays   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

Face to face interview, then assessment centre then final interview (if you are success at the assessment centre). We were told to go, then the assistant quickly said, ‘oh can ‘tom, jim and harry stay behind for some questions’.... evidently they were successful.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2019.

Interview

4 stages to the process. 1 - phone interview. 2 - in person interview with two senior managers. 3 - Sales assessment centre. 4 - Final round interview. Very lengthy and confusing process and gives you an insight into what it is like as a recruiter. Some of the people I interacted with were lovely, others not so much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

I have been invited to speak to one of their internal recruiters, then went for an assessment day in London. I did not receive an offer however they have been very explicit on feedback and have give individual feedback for the tasks as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked about us, then had few tasks on business development, writing a job ad and choosing a CV and sell it to a client.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview not easy, take long time to wait but communication was good. Interviewers gave you feedback all the time, they seem to take a lot of consideration in taking an employee

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face interview followed by roleplay. Mainly to understand your interest level in the job, explain the job scope, org structure and remuneration scheme. Followed by aptitude tests

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

4 stages I completed 3... competency based interviews. Assesment day just have to listen to the advice. Don’t be laid back is what I struggled with. Good process though, I learnt a lot considering it was my first ever interviews and assessments