Hays Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hays Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Hays

3.4

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Sent c.v. Had phone call same day with regards phone interview , asked normal things why hays? Why would u be good ? Would you be able to talk on the phone a lot and make cold calls ?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for neg

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hays (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I sent a speculative email to the regional manager who responded within two days. She asked why I was interested in becoming a recruitment consultant. Next was a pre-screening interview, usual questions such as - why? what do you know about recruitment? Describe a time when you overcame a challenge? I passed that, there was an assessment centre however I wasn't able to attend that. I moved on to a one on one interview with a managing director which lasted 1hr 30mins, it was gruelling at times and involved role play. After this was another challenging interview with an executive director, again 1hr 30 mins and he was tough, I won't lie, it was tough, also involved role play, went into depth about recruitment, why hays? what makes us different from our competitors etc? Finally was an informal interview with my would be manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you over excelled in your personal life and how could you adapt this to recruitment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't much room for negotiation.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays in November 2014.

Interview

I telephoned direct to ask for an interview. I was seen the following day. Interview was very professional. Definitely glad I did a lot of research on the company itself.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview, straight into a role-play. Telephone call (cold call) with a new client who is advertising with someone else. Get their business by telling them you have a candidate lined up.   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied via company website. Got a call back and had a very simple phone interview, what motivates you, why you'd be good etc.

Face to face interview- competency based. Tell me a time when etc.

Assessment centre- Lots of role plays. In the role plays always try to secure a meeting with the client.
    They will throw objections at you that you won't have a clue about. Just have to think on your feet and don't get flustered.

Whole process is very slick. They do a good job of selling the company to you.

Interview Questions

• One of the role plays is selling someone's CV. There will be a problem/gap with their CV- just make a feasible explanation for this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and very professional. However I gathered that I did not fit the average look of the company.Of course they wont admit it but one can always tell. Gave me a hint that I would be there on Friday for the assessment centre however never even bothered to give me feedback (positive or negative) which the interviewer promised.

Interview Questions

• How as a brand would I stand out from other candidates?   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (Victoria, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Extremely professional. It's a 3 day process but very worth it. First interview over the phone. Then assessment centre day
    Very informative and gives you a good idea of what recruitment is about before you start to ensure its still for you. After passing another interview with the delegated sector manager.
    Interviewees very friendly and welcoming with a corporate environment. Encouraged to ask questions

Interview Questions

• Why is recruitment for you?   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

A lot of questions based on hays. Use their buzz words like motivated,hard working and competitive. Learn the 4 core values and how you can demonstrate them. Use the star technique when answering questions. Sit up straight and look into the interviewers eyes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you've had to be competitve   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone conversation, Face-to-face interview, Assessment day with 3 role plays

First interview was pleasant, the interviewer was very helpful answering my questions and gave great description of the role.
    You were put on the spot in the role plays, need to think quickly on your feet and be able to overcome objections to get a positive outcome.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays in May 2015.

Interview

telephone interview > maanager interview.
    They were really nice, gave me feedback straight away.
    However the job description says "no sales or recruitment experience needed", after the interview the manager told me to get some sales experience then I can apply again, which is a bit contradicting. Felt a bit cheated when she told me that. Like don't put some skill/qulaification I need in order to succeed the recruitment process. It was a waste of time after the manager told me that

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Nottingham, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

there are five stages when applying to the role of a trainee recruitment consultant at Hays Recruitment.
    firstly, applying with your cv and successfully impressing the consultant
    secondly, telephone interview explaining why you want to become a consultant
    thirdly, interview with a manager answering competency based questions
    fourthly, assessment day (you may need to travel for this)
    fifthly, final interview with a director.

I have my final interview tomorrow and I am really nervous yet excited at the same time!

Interview Questions

• why hays?
      How do you use communication effectively?
      Tell me a time where you had to build a rapport with someone.   1 Answer