Hays plc Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Hays plc Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.8

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Amazing recruitment team. I was first head hunted by one of the recruitment consultants: Harriet. She alongside the internal recruiter: Jordan were extremely supportive and prompt in providing feedback and advice throughout the process.
Three stage process: first stage interview, assessment centre, final stage interview
Presented many challenges that highlighted the importance of resilience and provided a realistic overview of what to expect from the role and the company

Interview Questions

• What drives you to do well?   Answer Question
  • What is your understanding of the role?   Answer Question
  • How will you transfer your skills from previous work experience and life experiences to this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Understand what it is you want from the role? And also what you want in your career
The salary is very basic but, self drive and self belief is important in order to understand the long terms benefits

Other Interview Reviews for Hays plc

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 stages.

An initial telephone interview.
    Graduate open day.
    Assessment centre.
    Final interview.

Overall, this was a very pleasant experience. Daunting of course as Hays are a huge organisation and you need to do your homework in order to progress.

The phone interview was with a lady by the name of Rachel. Quite a simple telephone conversation, discussing what I know about the company and the 360 recruitment process. At the end of the call, she advised I got through to the next stage and she would be my point of call throughout the process.

The graduate open day consisted of around 30 people. There were various tasks throughout the day whereby we had to showcase some of our presentation and communication skills. We got a very good insight into the company and the way they operate.

The assessment centre was a couple of weeks later. This stage was tough. Need to do your homework and go there with the intention to put your best foot forward. In this stage you get a real feel of what the job could entail. Of course, all of the activities are role plays, but the Hays staff really put you through your paces. It's most likely in this stage where you'll know whether Hays is something for you or not.

The final interview is with the director(s) of the department you could be placed in. A very pleasant experience whereby it gives both parties to get to know each other a little more and see if you'll fit within the team and company.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience and the internal recruiter, Rachel, was extremely helpful throughout and she should be commended for her hard work.

Interview Questions

• Resilience based, company knowledge, 360 process and recruitment based.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Great interview process. Usually 4 stages of interview.

1. Phone call with internal recruiter . Then arranged a face to face interview
    2. Interview with recruiter - going through CV, what your motivations are and your understanding of company , as well as recruitment. This included role play of BD call. Seeing what your strengths are and given feedback straight away on the call.
    3. Assessment centre - tough but rewarding , gives great insight into the job. If you had any grey areas the job role is made very clear in this process. It is tough and challenging but is designed to see if you can handle what the role entails. You definitely learn a lot about Hays and the role in this part of the process.
    4. If successful at the assessment centre , you have a final interview with directors - for whichever team you will be entering. Intended to understand you as a individual. Great opportunity to ask questions of those who have been though it.

Overall , fantastic recruitment process and definitely allows you to have a realistic feel for the company, individuals and what the role entails. Such great positive individuals. Hays recruitment process is dynamic in comparison to other companies I've interviewed with because it allows you to really really understand what you will be getting yourself into , and teaches you a lot with feedback through every step.

Interview Questions

• Why hays?
      Why recruitment ?
      How have you shown resilience ?
      Etc
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations available

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process consists of 4 stages.

- Telephone interview with Internal Recruiter
    -Face to Face interview with Internal Recruiter (mine was with Jordan Purdie)
    - Group Assessment Day (filled with challenging yet enjoyable activities)
    - Final Stage interview with Hiring Manager and Department Director

These stages all face challenging activities to point out your key skills, strengths and personality. The telephone interview consisted of quick competency questions, which I was then invited to a face to face interview, this consisted of again going through your experiences/CV and a quick New Business role play. Moving on to the Assessment day, there was about 10 candidates in total which we had represent our personal brand, then another New Business call to a prospective client role play, writing out a job advert and finally meeting the client role play where you have to represent your chosen candidate. The final stage was to meet with the hiring manager and director (separately, on the same day) so they could get to know you better.

My whole process was very challenging, but enjoyable and Jordan Purdie, who was the internal recruiter who had interviewed me at the beginning made sure he kept in touch with me throughout the process, this made me see that HAYS employees really do value people.

I was offered the Job at the end of my final interview and very happily accepted. I am very excited to start my lengthy and successful career at HAYS and to see where this journey takes me.

I would personally like to thank Jordan Purdie for being so attentive throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in recruitment?
      Whats your biggest achievement?
      Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays plc (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview (behavioural questions)

Interview ( talked through career history / decision made and what I understood about HAYS)

Assessment Day (*a chance for you to be yourself*) Role plays - allowing you to evidence your natural ability and confidence of selling the services available to potential clients, to demonstrate your ability to build rapport, sell candidates and LISTEN out for potential leads / opportunity. A great day for you to put your skills to the test, take on board feedback and develop during the day while enjoying yourself in a relaxed environment.

Final Interview - A more in depth formal chat with Director and Regional - made to feel at ease. A chance to once again talk through your career to date, choices made and desire to progress with a global business. A chance to talk through commission structures, career progression. The final stage for you to sell yourself.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays plc (Exeter, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview, face to face interview with manager, assessment centre then face to face interview with regional manager. Met with a variety of the workers and got to see the office in full flow which was beneficial to see the actual environment you would need to adapt to.

Interview Questions

• Lots about personality, how you react in certain situations.   1 Answer

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

I applied online and on the same day i had a call back. I then went in for a 1:1 interview, then got told I had been invited to attend an assement day. Here i was joined by 5 other candidates to undertake activites that would be done on a daily basis by a recruitment consultant. It was challenging but a very good insight into the role. After this I was then invited to a final interview with the managing director and a buisness manager of the new team i was goinf to join.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

initial phone interview, face to face interview with recruiter, Assessment Centre day, face to face interviews with managers and directors. I had one interview with an internal recruiter, the assessment day, and 3 interviews (manager and 2 directors). The interview process does not involve meeting the team.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

I had an interview with the Office Manager, Regional Director and I went on an Assessment morning - the whole interview process was well explained and I felt very prepared and cared for as the internal recruiter rang me before the interview to make sure I was ok and knew where I was going and then rang me afterwards to ask how it went and to inform me of the outcome. I was very impressed with the whole process.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Long, but thorough. Quick phone chat, which then goes to a face to face. get through that, and then you are invited to the assessment day, which is difficult, but only as i'd never experienced anything like that.