Hays plc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.3

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

3 phase role-playing interview: 1. sell yourself; 2. sell the candidate; 3. sell Hays. You are basically role-playing a recruiter and you get to experience what it feels like to be a recruiter.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays plc (Boston, MA).

Interview

Walked in through job forum, had a short conversation with their director and got an interview very soon. The third stage was the 3 hrs assessment center, challenging but rewarding. Consisted of role-playing and behavior exercises. They are all very nice and it was a great experience.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

Applied online, got an email for a phone interview (consisted of behavioral questions and a casual role play), had another phone interview (behavioral questions based on the 4 core values), was set up for an assessment center via Skype. Waiting to hear back from them about the result. Best preparation I can recommend is to a) do extensive research about Hays and its services b) anticipate the interviewer fighting you back during the assessment center - be prepared to provide alternate solutions or persuasive arguments at every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• If you want to headhunt a senior product manager at a company but don't have their email or phone number, and you're at their switchboard who is refusing to patch you through, how do you negotiate?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

Thorough and positive. You are pushed with ambitious questions that are designed to motivate and inspire your mind. I encourage anyone thinking of a career in recruitment to get involved with Hays.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the prime characteristic of top sales performers?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc in March 2015.

Interview

Four interviews 3 week long process.
    phone interview
    face to face
    assessment day ( Here they let you make actual inquiries to people looking for a job. It is scary but after a few calls you will be fine)
    still waiting on my ref check.

Loved the people that works there. Haven't revived a call back after my final interview. hoping for the best.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hays   1 Answer

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc in January 2015.

Interview

There were four rounds. First was a mix of role-play and behavioral questions. Second was very short and more behavioral questions. Third was the assessment center. And finally a talk with the director. Overall, everyone was nice and I had a good talk with the manager who led the assessment center. However, the final interview left me puzzled because the director only asked a few questions but then determined they had a good idea of who I was. Then I ended up not getting the job. Their reasoning was because I did not have a sales background. My question is: Why string someone along through four rounds to only decline them for something you would have known just by looking at my resume??????? In the end, waste of time. Don't apply if you have no sales background.

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc in January 2012.

Interview

standard interview questions (1) why do you want this job? (2) what are your strengths and weaknesses. waited a really long time for the supervisor, overall interview went great.

Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

4 stages after the initial application; phone interview, open day, assessment centre, and interview. This seems like a lot but it gives you a chance to get to know the job role and the company so you can make an informed decision as to whether you would like to work there.

Negotiation

Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgware, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (Edgware, England (UK)).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was good, very extensive though. Did a telephone interview, then was invited to an open day, then an assessment centre and finally an interview. Each stage got harder as it got on, so being well prepared is very important. They tell you what to expect before each stage, do all you have to do is know your knowledge before going.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process for Hays was awful. It is a 4 stage interview including phone interview, 1:1 interview, assessment centre and a final face to face interview. The process took 2 weeks in which time I could have started another job and if I was successful it would have taken another 2 weeks at least to sort out the references and the paperback, rather than just sorting all that out at the first interview. It is totally unpractical and a total disregard for people's time to expect them to attend 4 interviews, one of which is completely out of the way and takes several hours ( I had to commute 2 hours away for my assessment centre interview). I passed the first 3 stages of the interview and then got told after the final interview that I didn't pass because it was down to one person whether they like you or not. So after being told I did brilliantly in the assessment centre which is the hardest part of the interview I wasn't successful because the last person to interview me didn't like my personality, which lets them override the whole internal recruitment team including people much more senior than themself. I also had a friend who works there guiding me through the whole thing and clearly that didn't help. So basically, I think applying for Hays is a ridiculously long process for a job starting at 16.5k and you'd be better of applying for a smaller recruitment company.