Hays plc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hays plc Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.3

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hays plc in April 2017.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews for such an entry level role.
    It feels like you are applying for a Goldmansac career and gotten accepted and ended up in a data entry career. Too much for a company like them to make such many interviews for a small role. If you are keen for it, or are into force selling... yes, this will be a perfect career path for you...

Interview Questions

• Why hays? Tell me what you see yourself in 5 years time? The process of recruitment?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

very short and mainly typical job interview questions. If you know what you are doing you can answer the questions asked during this interview without being nervous. You can do the work and deliver exceptional results. You will fit in beautifully and be a great addition to the team. You possess a combination of skills and experience that make you stand out from the crowd. Hiring you will make him look smart and make his life easier.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

3 phase role-playing interview: 1. sell yourself; 2. sell the candidate; 3. sell Hays. You are basically role-playing a recruiter and you get to experience what it feels like to be a recruiter.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Boston Career Forum and I got a phone interview directly from the Japan office. I was asked several questions and the HR person seemed to suggest that Hays is highly competitive place and everybody works in a stressful environment so if you don't like stress please don't come.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays plc (Boston, MA).

Interview

Walked in through job forum, had a short conversation with their director and got an interview very soon. The third stage was the 3 hrs assessment center, challenging but rewarding. Consisted of role-playing and behavior exercises. They are all very nice and it was a great experience.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

Applied online, got an email for a phone interview (consisted of behavioral questions and a casual role play), had another phone interview (behavioral questions based on the 4 core values), was set up for an assessment center via Skype. Waiting to hear back from them about the result. Best preparation I can recommend is to a) do extensive research about Hays and its services b) anticipate the interviewer fighting you back during the assessment center - be prepared to provide alternate solutions or persuasive arguments at every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• If you want to headhunt a senior product manager at a company but don't have their email or phone number, and you're at their switchboard who is refusing to patch you through, how do you negotiate?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

Thorough and positive. You are pushed with ambitious questions that are designed to motivate and inspire your mind. I encourage anyone thinking of a career in recruitment to get involved with Hays.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the prime characteristic of top sales performers?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc in September 2015.

Interview

it was really easy process. its almost like they are begging to have people work for them. Then you start working there, you realise why they need people so badly. never seen such high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult problem you've successfully solved?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc in March 2015.

Interview

Four interviews 3 week long process.
    phone interview
    face to face
    assessment day ( Here they let you make actual inquiries to people looking for a job. It is scary but after a few calls you will be fine)
    still waiting on my ref check.

Loved the people that works there. Haven't revived a call back after my final interview. hoping for the best.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hays   1 Answer

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc in January 2015.

Interview

There were four rounds. First was a mix of role-play and behavioral questions. Second was very short and more behavioral questions. Third was the assessment center. And finally a talk with the director. Overall, everyone was nice and I had a good talk with the manager who led the assessment center. However, the final interview left me puzzled because the director only asked a few questions but then determined they had a good idea of who I was. Then I ended up not getting the job. Their reasoning was because I did not have a sales background. My question is: Why string someone along through four rounds to only decline them for something you would have known just by looking at my resume??????? In the end, waste of time. Don't apply if you have no sales background.