Hays plc Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.5

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Application stage which didn't take Long (CV and cover letter); Challenge Day which took half a day and received results the next day; assessment centre which took half a day but the results were released depending on candidates; and phone interview as a final stage. The events took place at the headquarter.

Interview Questions

• Presentation, mostly role play and typical interview questions (reflection as well)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Amazing recruitment team. I was first head hunted by one of the recruitment consultants: Harriet. She alongside the internal recruiter: Jordan were extremely supportive and prompt in providing feedback and advice throughout the process.
    Three stage process: first stage interview, assessment centre, final stage interview
    Presented many challenges that highlighted the importance of resilience and provided a realistic overview of what to expect from the role and the company

Interview Questions

• What drives you to do well?   Answer Question
    • What is your understanding of the role?   Answer Question
    • How will you transfer your skills from previous work experience and life experiences to this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Understand what it is you want from the role? And also what you want in your career
    The salary is very basic but, self drive and self belief is important in order to understand the long terms benefits

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 stages.

An initial telephone interview.
    Graduate open day.
    Assessment centre.
    Final interview.

Overall, this was a very pleasant experience. Daunting of course as Hays are a huge organisation and you need to do your homework in order to progress.

The phone interview was with a lady by the name of Rachel. Quite a simple telephone conversation, discussing what I know about the company and the 360 recruitment process. At the end of the call, she advised I got through to the next stage and she would be my point of call throughout the process.

The graduate open day consisted of around 30 people. There were various tasks throughout the day whereby we had to showcase some of our presentation and communication skills. We got a very good insight into the company and the way they operate.

The assessment centre was a couple of weeks later. This stage was tough. Need to do your homework and go there with the intention to put your best foot forward. In this stage you get a real feel of what the job could entail. Of course, all of the activities are role plays, but the Hays staff really put you through your paces. It's most likely in this stage where you'll know whether Hays is something for you or not.

The final interview is with the director(s) of the department you could be placed in. A very pleasant experience whereby it gives both parties to get to know each other a little more and see if you'll fit within the team and company.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience and the internal recruiter, Rachel, was extremely helpful throughout and she should be commended for her hard work.

Interview Questions

• Resilience based, company knowledge, 360 process and recruitment based.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Role was for Hays but onsite at a financial services firm. I met with the client manager and his colleague for about 40 minutes. The role turned around very quick because they were looking for immediate start. I saw the job posted via a contact on LinkedIn and I messaged her about it. Sent my cv over and got an interview that Friday.

Interview Questions

• Name an example as to when you needed to understand/enforce a process.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience so far.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a situation and made a mistake? Or where a mistake has been made by your colleague and you need to fix it?   Answer Question
    • What computer systems and software have you had to use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Great interview process. Usually 4 stages of interview.

1. Phone call with internal recruiter . Then arranged a face to face interview
    2. Interview with recruiter - going through CV, what your motivations are and your understanding of company , as well as recruitment. This included role play of BD call. Seeing what your strengths are and given feedback straight away on the call.
    3. Assessment centre - tough but rewarding , gives great insight into the job. If you had any grey areas the job role is made very clear in this process. It is tough and challenging but is designed to see if you can handle what the role entails. You definitely learn a lot about Hays and the role in this part of the process.
    4. If successful at the assessment centre , you have a final interview with directors - for whichever team you will be entering. Intended to understand you as a individual. Great opportunity to ask questions of those who have been though it.

Overall , fantastic recruitment process and definitely allows you to have a realistic feel for the company, individuals and what the role entails. Such great positive individuals. Hays recruitment process is dynamic in comparison to other companies I've interviewed with because it allows you to really really understand what you will be getting yourself into , and teaches you a lot with feedback through every step.

Interview Questions

• Why hays?
      Why recruitment ?
      How have you shown resilience ?
      Etc
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations available

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

In person interview and then invited to assessment centre. Assessment centre was very fast paced but enjoyable and fun. Make sure you listen to what they are asking you to do, lots of people delivered presentations that were not in the format that they had asked us to do.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process consists of 4 stages.

- Telephone interview with Internal Recruiter
    -Face to Face interview with Internal Recruiter (mine was with Jordan Purdie)
    - Group Assessment Day (filled with challenging yet enjoyable activities)
    - Final Stage interview with Hiring Manager and Department Director

These stages all face challenging activities to point out your key skills, strengths and personality. The telephone interview consisted of quick competency questions, which I was then invited to a face to face interview, this consisted of again going through your experiences/CV and a quick New Business role play. Moving on to the Assessment day, there was about 10 candidates in total which we had represent our personal brand, then another New Business call to a prospective client role play, writing out a job advert and finally meeting the client role play where you have to represent your chosen candidate. The final stage was to meet with the hiring manager and director (separately, on the same day) so they could get to know you better.

My whole process was very challenging, but enjoyable and Jordan Purdie, who was the internal recruiter who had interviewed me at the beginning made sure he kept in touch with me throughout the process, this made me see that HAYS employees really do value people.

I was offered the Job at the end of my final interview and very happily accepted. I am very excited to start my lengthy and successful career at HAYS and to see where this journey takes me.

I would personally like to thank Jordan Purdie for being so attentive throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in recruitment?
      Whats your biggest achievement?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Started with a full day Graduate Open Day. The following week I had an assessment centre for 3 hours. The week after that was the final interview with a director and manager.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Hays over other graduate recruitment programmes?   Answer Question
    • Which specialism do you think you would be best suited to, and why?   Answer Question
    • Choose one of 3 CVs and place the chosen person into a job, according their skills and personality type.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

10 minute telephone-screening.
    1 full day of graudate open day with 30 people attending my session.
    3 hour assessment centre with 10 people attending my session.
    2 hour interview with a director and manager.

throught all stages I had a 'talent scout' who was on call should I want to discuss anything - and she was really helpful, ensuring that I knew what to expect and helped me prepare.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, process took about 2 weeks. Contacted for a brief phone interview to discuss my background, ambition and my reasons for wanted to join Hays. Then a one to one meeting with the internal recruiter, followed by a last stage interview with the managing director