Hays plc Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

3.4

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

It's a 4 stage process

Generic competency based phone interview. Asks you what you know about the company. What are you motivations? Why recruitment? Why hays?

Then invited for an open day. This involved a presentation of the company. Then 3 tasks. Presenting yourself to the group, why hays and an interesting fact about yourself. Next was working in groups to interview managing directors about a position. After this, you then had to sell yourself in front of the group as to why you'd make a good recruitment consultant

If successful, you'd be invited to the assessment centre. This involved an email prep that was set 24 hrs before hand with CVs, a company profile and a job advert. You also had to prepare a presentation about yourself. This presentation had to be about you in a few years time as an established recruiter selling yourself to a prospective client. Next was a role play of a business development call. After, involved writing your own job advert. This was followed by a role play of selling candidates to a client from a job agency.

The next and final stage was an interview with what could be the managing director to your speciality. This was based about your CV. All about you. My issue here was my pure nervousness. You have to show your confidence, resilience and passion here.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Initial call with an employee to discuss motivations, why recruitment etc.
    Invited to London for an interview lasting nearly two hours. Quite relaxed environment and asking about CV, what do I know about Hays, recruitment, their business model etc.
    Two days later I had an interview with a Director 1on1 who asked me questions about my CV, and practiced a BD call. Then a senior manager, also practiced a scenario calling a potential client. Then two other consultants interviewed me to get to know me personally. Finally another 1on1 with a senior consultant which was a relaxed conversation. This was more a chat than an interview.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process is a telephone interview fairly simple, just required to know abit of the company and explain some interests to the job role. I applied for an internship and went through to the next process, the group open day. Required to stand out and show rea interest to the company. You are requires to introduce yourself and and say an interesting fact about yourself as a ice breaker. Make sure youve researched the company. Very important. Recruitment was not for me and I did not move further in the process. Be confident and show your interest as directors are also their during the open day which last roughly 3 hours.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very efficient, clear and concise about the process involved and made me excited to receive the job. They were positive, friendly and made me feel relaxed. Overall very pleasant and showed me that Hays will be a rewarding and fun experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to work in recruitment?   1 Answer

Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgware, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (Edgware, England (UK)).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was good, very extensive though. Did a telephone interview, then was invited to an open day, then an assessment centre and finally an interview. Each stage got harder as it got on, so being well prepared is very important. They tell you what to expect before each stage, do all you have to do is know your knowledge before going.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Application stage which didn't take Long (CV and cover letter); Challenge Day which took half a day and received results the next day; assessment centre which took half a day but the results were released depending on candidates; and phone interview as a final stage. The events took place at the headquarter.

Interview Questions

• Presentation, mostly role play and typical interview questions (reflection as well)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Amazing recruitment team. I was first head hunted by one of the recruitment consultants: Harriet. She alongside the internal recruiter: Jordan were extremely supportive and prompt in providing feedback and advice throughout the process.
    Three stage process: first stage interview, assessment centre, final stage interview
    Presented many challenges that highlighted the importance of resilience and provided a realistic overview of what to expect from the role and the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Understand what it is you want from the role? And also what you want in your career
    The salary is very basic but, self drive and self belief is important in order to understand the long terms benefits

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 stages.

An initial telephone interview.
    Graduate open day.
    Assessment centre.
    Final interview.

Overall, this was a very pleasant experience. Daunting of course as Hays are a huge organisation and you need to do your homework in order to progress.

The phone interview was with a lady by the name of Rachel. Quite a simple telephone conversation, discussing what I know about the company and the 360 recruitment process. At the end of the call, she advised I got through to the next stage and she would be my point of call throughout the process.

The graduate open day consisted of around 30 people. There were various tasks throughout the day whereby we had to showcase some of our presentation and communication skills. We got a very good insight into the company and the way they operate.

The assessment centre was a couple of weeks later. This stage was tough. Need to do your homework and go there with the intention to put your best foot forward. In this stage you get a real feel of what the job could entail. Of course, all of the activities are role plays, but the Hays staff really put you through your paces. It's most likely in this stage where you'll know whether Hays is something for you or not.

The final interview is with the director(s) of the department you could be placed in. A very pleasant experience whereby it gives both parties to get to know each other a little more and see if you'll fit within the team and company.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience and the internal recruiter, Rachel, was extremely helpful throughout and she should be commended for her hard work.

Interview Questions

• Resilience based, company knowledge, 360 process and recruitment based.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Role was for Hays but onsite at a financial services firm. I met with the client manager and his colleague for about 40 minutes. The role turned around very quick because they were looking for immediate start. I saw the job posted via a contact on LinkedIn and I messaged her about it. Sent my cv over and got an interview that Friday.

Interview Questions

• Name an example as to when you needed to understand/enforce a process.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience so far.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a situation and made a mistake? Or where a mistake has been made by your colleague and you need to fix it?   Answer Question
    • What computer systems and software have you had to use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Great interview process. Usually 4 stages of interview.

1. Phone call with internal recruiter . Then arranged a face to face interview
    2. Interview with recruiter - going through CV, what your motivations are and your understanding of company , as well as recruitment. This included role play of BD call. Seeing what your strengths are and given feedback straight away on the call.
    3. Assessment centre - tough but rewarding , gives great insight into the job. If you had any grey areas the job role is made very clear in this process. It is tough and challenging but is designed to see if you can handle what the role entails. You definitely learn a lot about Hays and the role in this part of the process.
    4. If successful at the assessment centre , you have a final interview with directors - for whichever team you will be entering. Intended to understand you as a individual. Great opportunity to ask questions of those who have been though it.

Overall , fantastic recruitment process and definitely allows you to have a realistic feel for the company, individuals and what the role entails. Such great positive individuals. Hays recruitment process is dynamic in comparison to other companies I've interviewed with because it allows you to really really understand what you will be getting yourself into , and teaches you a lot with feedback through every step.

Interview Questions

• Why hays?
      Why recruitment ?
      How have you shown resilience ?
      Etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations available