Hays plc Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hays plc Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.3

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

Thorough and positive. You are pushed with ambitious questions that are designed to motivate and inspire your mind. I encourage anyone thinking of a career in recruitment to get involved with Hays.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the prime characteristic of top sales performers?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hays plc

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc in March 2015.

Interview

Four interviews 3 week long process.
    phone interview
    face to face
    assessment day ( Here they let you make actual inquiries to people looking for a job. It is scary but after a few calls you will be fine)
    still waiting on my ref check.

Loved the people that works there. Haven't revived a call back after my final interview. hoping for the best.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hays   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

I had a lot of steps though
    1. Open Day
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Assessment Center
    4. Second Phone Interview
    5. 1:1 Interview with the director
    It was a really long process for me, maybe because I am in the Asia recruitment. Usually I heard people saying it would only be four steps. Even after the final interview, for my case, that's just the end of the UK process and I may still have to go through the Asia process. It is a very long journey but I really want the job. I would recommend this one as overall I have a very positive experience on those interviews!
    Still waiting for the last interview and I would update the status after I did!

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays plc (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

applied online
    then went into face to face interview with internal recruiter, she did a bit of role play with objection questions and asked questions regarding motivation.

next step was to meet team manager

Interview Questions

• role play: pretend you have a good candidate for a role at a hotel, and il be the hotel receptionist.
      objection, i dont use recruiters.
      1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took 3-4 weeks.

I got to the final round interview.

The first round is a phone call interview regarding your general knowledge of recruitment.

The second round is with the internal recruiter and a senior recruitment consultant. The interview is based on your own personal experience and why you think you are suitable to the role.

The third round is a group interview with the internal recruiter and a Director. The interview is role-play based with four different exercises. Each which bring out your qualities as a recruiter - mock cold call, mock meeting with client to put forward a candidate, mock job post online...

The final round is with a Director and a senior consultant. Similar to the second round - your experience and why you might be suitable to the role.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, process took about 2 weeks. Contacted for a brief phone interview to discuss my background, ambition and my reasons for wanted to join Hays. Then a one to one meeting with the internal recruiter, followed by a last stage interview with the managing director

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process it rather long however it allows you to have a clear understanding of how hays operates so you can make the right decision. It was clear that this is not like any other recruitment agency.

1st stage

a small telephone interview just to find out what you're like as a person. Think of some reasons why you want to work for hays.
    RESEARCH

2nd stage

I had a meeting with one of the business managers which was kept relatively informal. Make sure you research the company as they will ask what you know already

3rd stage
    Due to a lack of candidates and having 3 years experience i attending a one to one assessment with one of the directors of the branch. This was challenging and will show the roses from the thorns, I done a presentation on how I would set up a desk within hays which I done a lot of research on events, websites where you can find candidates and adverts.

I also had to write an advert on the spot having had 10 minutes to read through a job spec.

Role play was another part of the assessment however.

A demanding part of the interview process however gives them a clear idea on you as a potential consultant and you an insight into your day to day job.

4th stage

I had another interview with the regional director which was the most difficult part of it all as the gentleman who interviewed me did not show much many signs that the answers I was giving were was what he wanted to hear.

Generally the interview process is thorough and rather demanding a times. Rebecca (internal recruiter) is great and if you ever needed something she was there to give a helping hand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in your life where you have had to manage people and how did you do it?

It doesn't have to be work related
      Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (Tokyo (Japan)) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was the typical, I want to get to know you. The second involved an assessment which was 3 hours long. Here, you are tested for handling situations on the spot.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2016.

Interview

A initial phone screening followed by a face-to-face with the hiring manager. Interview lasted for about an hour, and included questions about personal achievements and a short role-play section. Interviewer was friendly and seemed genuinely interested in the individual, and was primarily concerned with finding a good fit between company and individual.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online with CV, received a phone call following afternoon. Make sure you have fully researched the company when applying because interview questions will be surrounding your background but also what you know on Hays.

Was invited for a face to face interview within the same week. Involved a little role play to see how you how you handle how unpredictable recruitment can be. You're given a few minutes to prepare and a in depth feedback on how you did. Make sure you research into recruitment and what it involves. What drives/motivates you etc. Take on board all feedback because you can implement in next stages. I was told then that I was invited to the assessment center.

Assessment centre was intense and again a lot of role play but this time in front of a group. Role plays included selling yourself as an expert recruitment consultant, business development role play, selling a candidate to a client. Everyone is given feedback so keep taking it on board. They are looking for confidence and a self starter.

Unfortunately I was unsuccessful here due to not showing enough drive. They have asked me to apply again in January as the market is a little slower then. I have since progressed in several interviews with competitors with a big brand. The feedback I received on all stages of the interview at Hays has definitely played a factor in that success.