Hays plc Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Hays plc Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.5

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

I had a lot of steps though
1. Open Day
2. Phone Interview
3. Assessment Center
4. Second Phone Interview
5. 1:1 Interview with the director
It was a really long process for me, maybe because I am in the Asia recruitment. Usually I heard people saying it would only be four steps. Even after the final interview, for my case, that's just the end of the UK process and I may still have to go through the Asia process. It is a very long journey but I really want the job. I would recommend this one as overall I have a very positive experience on those interviews!
Still waiting for the last interview and I would update the status after I did!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hays plc

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, process took about 2 weeks. Contacted for a brief phone interview to discuss my background, ambition and my reasons for wanted to join Hays. Then a one to one meeting with the internal recruiter, followed by a last stage interview with the managing director

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process it rather long however it allows you to have a clear understanding of how hays operates so you can make the right decision. It was clear that this is not like any other recruitment agency.

1st stage

a small telephone interview just to find out what you're like as a person. Think of some reasons why you want to work for hays.
    RESEARCH

2nd stage

I had a meeting with one of the business managers which was kept relatively informal. Make sure you research the company as they will ask what you know already

3rd stage
    Due to a lack of candidates and having 3 years experience i attending a one to one assessment with one of the directors of the branch. This was challenging and will show the roses from the thorns, I done a presentation on how I would set up a desk within hays which I done a lot of research on events, websites where you can find candidates and adverts.

I also had to write an advert on the spot having had 10 minutes to read through a job spec.

Role play was another part of the assessment however.

A demanding part of the interview process however gives them a clear idea on you as a potential consultant and you an insight into your day to day job.

4th stage

I had another interview with the regional director which was the most difficult part of it all as the gentleman who interviewed me did not show much many signs that the answers I was giving were was what he wanted to hear.

Generally the interview process is thorough and rather demanding a times. Rebecca (internal recruiter) is great and if you ever needed something she was there to give a helping hand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in your life where you have had to manage people and how did you do it?

It doesn't have to be work related
      Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online with CV, received a phone call following afternoon. Make sure you have fully researched the company when applying because interview questions will be surrounding your background but also what you know on Hays.

Was invited for a face to face interview within the same week. Involved a little role play to see how you how you handle how unpredictable recruitment can be. You're given a few minutes to prepare and a in depth feedback on how you did. Make sure you research into recruitment and what it involves. What drives/motivates you etc. Take on board all feedback because you can implement in next stages. I was told then that I was invited to the assessment center.

Assessment centre was intense and again a lot of role play but this time in front of a group. Role plays included selling yourself as an expert recruitment consultant, business development role play, selling a candidate to a client. Everyone is given feedback so keep taking it on board. They are looking for confidence and a self starter.

Unfortunately I was unsuccessful here due to not showing enough drive. They have asked me to apply again in January as the market is a little slower then. I have since progressed in several interviews with competitors with a big brand. The feedback I received on all stages of the interview at Hays has definitely played a factor in that success.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Started with a casual telephone interview.
    Next stage was an invitation to the office with a number of other applicants - consisted of team building exercises. From this a number of people were shortlisted and invited to assessment centres.
    Assessment centre.
    Final stage interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire process was rigorous and inspiring. Every member of staff I met were very professional, efficient and highly confident.

Initially, I made contact by phone, submitted my CV and then, I waited for another call. The next call was to schedule a meeting with them (the next day). I met with Jordan Purdie who on meeting, you could tell was a man of business. He really drilled me about my CV and my reasons for choosing Hays. There were some unexpected telephone role plays, I found these particularly difficult. Nevertheless, they did prove essential for my preparation for the assessment center. Although, when I say nothing, I mean NOTHING really could have prepared me for what I met in the assessment center it was so enduring three candidates up and left mid way. It is not for the faint heart-ed.

However, personally, I learned so much about myself and the process of recruitment in just those 3 hours, I went home both exhausted and exhilarated. You can tell the format of training with Hays PLC will be world class. BRAVO and thank you to the team Jordan, Jenna, David and Luke.

I am through to the final stage and really looking forward to seeing what they offer.

Thank you again to the interview panel and best of luck to you, the future candidates.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

There are 4 Stages (1) Telephone Interview - Here you are asked about Hays - what do you know about Hays and why are you applying? Also you will be asked about the process of a 360 recruitment role... what are the 4 main stages...describe in detail. Then a bit about background and why recruitment. (2) Face to Face at Cheapside. This involves a role play. Asked about Hays 4 values. Career background. (3) Assessment Centre - Role play. Presentation and then then to write an advert (4) Final Stage with Director and meet the team

Interview Questions

• (1) What are Hays's 4 Company Values   1 Answer
    • Why Recruitment?   Answer Question
    • In the face to face there is an initial role play question. You have to pretend you are a recruiter pitching to a client   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for salary

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

The first step was a telephone

The second was a 1:1 interview which was very casual, was with a lovely lady which was just aimed at getting to know more about me

The third step was an assessment day which was aim at getting to know Hays and who they are as a company. Along with role play exercise's, it took around 3 hours and was a very good way to understand more about the role.

The forth and final stage was another 1:1 interview with the specialist manger and director

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview
    Second Stage face to face interview with Internal Recruiter
    Third Stage Assessment Centre with Directors of company

Intense Role Plays involved in all face to face interviews stages that test your ability to cope under pressure and be innovative on the spot in front of peers and potential employers.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

3 stage interview process meeting various employees and management. 1st stage is a telephone screening, the second stage is a group assessment at the Manchester branch, and the final stage is a meeting with the line manager and the Director.