Haywire Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2018

1.9

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Haywire (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

As soon as I applied online they contacted me and wanted to have the face to face interview the next day. Found it really weird as usually it takes a couple of days to get an answer. I was supposed to have an interview with the CEO of the company but when I got there I was directed to someone else. The interview was maybe 10 minutes long and and the whole time the person was drawing something on the paper what I found quite funny. Did not really find out what my responsibilities would be even because there was no time for it?! When I told the person at the end that I was expecting to be interviewed by the CEO I got an answer that will remain forever in my head: her time is really valuable and we can’t waste it. At this point I knew that this company is not for me...

Interview Questions

Haywire Response

Jul 16, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for writing us a review, we would have wanted you to meet the CEO, unfortunately sometimes she needs to be elsewhere and tho we wish she could, she cannot be in two places at one time. We... More

Other Interview Reviews for Haywire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Haywire (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The companies office was located in the same office as three other companies. When you walk in the receptionist asks which company you are applying for, and they give you a further application to fill out, with the same info as you filled out online. The interview itself was 15 minutes at most and felt very rushed. The interviewer was also a little condescending. After they tell you they will call for the second part of the interview that is the next day, which I declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Haywire (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from Kara who told me how impressed Danielle was with my resume. She asked if I could come in for an interview the next day around 3pm to which I agreed. I took the elevator to the 19th floor and told the receptionist (who is fairly handsome I should add) He gave me an application to fill out (with no pen)
    I sat down and instantly noticed the hundreds of other people in waiting room with me. There was bad upbeat cover music playing loud and people coming in and out of rooms which made me a little anxious. I filled out my paper work and handed it back to the receptionist and waited to be called in. I didn't have to wait long and eventually she called me into her office.
    She greeted me and rushed through a description of what the company was and what it did. She drew a weird table and marked up my entire resume with jibberish that made no sense. Maybe she thought it was help me get a better understanding of the company? Idk. She asked about my interest and something about me that was not on my resume. After it was all over, she told me I'd receive an email for a second interview. We shook hands, and I was out the door. I got a call from Kara later that night congratulating me and offering me a second interview.

2nd Interview: I got there around 9:20AM and my interview was at 9:45AM. I was once again asked to fill out paper work like the first time. After submitting it, I sat around and waited for them to call me. This time it was way more chaotic and the music was not helping the situation at all. I saw large groups of people walking by and when they all got to the back, it felt like I was witnessing a fraternity rush. Everyone was chanting weird stuff and each others name. It was at that point that I knew this wasn't going to work out but I still gave it a chance. I waited more than an hour until someone finally called me in. I'm not going to lie, It was extremely annoying because I had received an email and a call that morning to confirm the interview and to be on time. I figured that if they wanted me to be on time, they should have reciprocated the same level of professionalism and not have had me sit out there for so long. I honestly wanted to leave and looking back now- I wish I had. Anyway, I walk into Danielles office where I met the person I was going to shadow for the rest of the day. We shook hands, greeted each other and headed towards the elevators. I thought we were going somewhere more quite to conduct the interview but he told me we were going to the train station to get coffee and that we would meet with clients later on that day. The whole time he was being overly confident and sounded like a total tool. He told me that he would have to terminate the interview If I took my phone out which I thought was a bit aggressive. We got to the station, went over a bunch of things, then got to work. He said he had a few tasks for me which I was a bit nervous about because we were in a train station. I had to write down 10 interview questions, 10 qualities in a person, pros and cons of salary, hourly, and commission pay, as well as learn and memorize everything he had discussed during coffee. He told me everything was going to be sent to Danielle.
    I stood at the corner of the station and had to answer these questions while at the same time observe others that were approaching commuters walking by. It was quite sad. Eventually, he came back and we went over all the stuff I came up with. But heres the thing- I was running around with him and after him all while he was trying to talk to people and get them to donate. It was such a belittling experience. He called it "multitasking" I could BARELY HEAR/UNDERSTAND what he was saying. Anyway after we got lunch (which was weird as hell because we just walked around) He broke down the hours and pay. This is where I really knew that this was not for me. I was making more at my current job. He did not mention any benefits and long story short, the whole thing was just a sales job. Nothing to do with marketing, nothing to do with anything at all. My qualifications and experience did not matter- In fact he barely looked at my resume. He gave me a bunch of info to memorize before I got back to the office. He said he would give my recommendation to Danielle and once I got back, to tell the receptionist about filling out a survey. He told me I had moved to round 3 of the interview process and to meet with Danielle who would let me know if i got the job or not. I thanked him, and got on the train and left. I knew after it was all over that this was DEFINITELY a waste of a day. It was honesty such a horrible and embarrassing experience and I did not want to be apart of a company that made me feel this way.
    LISTEN GUYS- This place is not worth it. It lacks professionalism and takes advantage of people who are genuinely excited

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Haywire (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I went in, had to fill out a form that asked for all your employment history (everything that you put on your resume), waited for 45 minutes, had a 5 minute initial interview. I was unimpressed by their lack of professionalism, and so when they called me back for a second interview, I politely declined. The environment seemed loud, inefficient, and distracting, and that is not an environment for me to be working in.

Interview Questions

Haywire Response

Mar 19, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback, we regret that you were waiting over your allotted time slot, we do not like to run late but unfortunately, sometimes things out of our control set us back and unfortunately... More

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

Great communication and learning experience, amazing atmosphere and very informative interview. The first round was pretty basic, but it does decide whether you would be in the observation day where you learn more about their structure. Then finally, the final interview decides if you get an offer. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional and person goals for the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Feb 20, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the helpful feedback, we appreciate your honesty. Our atmosphere is aimed at energizing and motivating our candidates, so they can open the door to their potential. Keep up the great... More

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haywire.

Interview

First interview was 5 minutes where they refuse to answer any questions about the job. Second interview is an all day process where they take you around New York and you shadow them selling door to door.

Interview Questions

Haywire Response

Dec 8, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback on our company. We always appreciate the opportunity to improve. We recognize that our initial interview stage may seem a little short. This is... More

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Haywire.

Interview

Went to the office, which was home to three other company's officers. All together there were more than a dozen others waiting to interview. After waiting thirty minutes, the interview was very informal and lasted about ten minutes. They were having second round interviews the next day that was supposedly all day long. I was asked to the next round, but it was super last minute and didn't seem like my thing.

Interview Questions

Haywire Response

Jul 21, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback after interviewing with us, we appreciate your comments as it gives us the motivation to improve and better our interview process. As a young and innovative company, we... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haywire (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

DO NOT APPLY WITH THIS COMPANY!!! Do NOT believe role descriptions or positive reviews you read.

1st interview: less then 20min, but waited nearly hour to be seen.
    2nd interview: Next day was pushed into signing a contract, which allowed company to have people shadow/1st day Orientation without paying the individual. Spent wandering around Mid-Town & the Bronx. Haywire was selling "Required" Federal/State Labor Posters. (nearly $100 together). Specifically targeting struggling/immigrant brick & mortar businesses.

- This is NOT a marketing company. It is a door-to-door sales company. They'll likely describe this as "face-to-face", "direct marketing", or "business-to-business."
    - Poor business ethics & respect of employees.
    - Whatever role you apply for, everybody starts at bottom and is expected in 10 months to climb in 4 stages to "senior management" & start a new office with the same format. (Sound similar to any 3 sided buildings you know of?)

Interview Questions

• They assigned "tasks" or "assignments". I.E. list 10 examples each of direct & indirect marketing. However these WRITTEN tasks were demanded at inappropriate locations. On the street, subway, & cafe/restaurant. Not an actual place of business.   Answer Question

Aug 11, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your feedback. We never like to keep candidates waiting when they come all the way to meet us, we are looking at our interview process and... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haywire (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, got a phone call to set up an interview the next day, and came in to interview the next day. When I when in, the interview was held in a production office shared by 3 other companies. So you can imagine there were many interviews going on and many interviewees. I went in for my interview and it lasted like 8-10 minutes, super easy but felt kind of rushed. Got a call at 6pm that day to come in for a second round the next day, which consists of shadowing an employee. But I decided to decline the interview. Compared to other companies and interviews I've had, I felt that there wasn't that much attention paid to me as an interviewee. I also read all the Glassdoor reviews and didn't really like what I saw.

Interview Questions

Haywire Response

Jul 25, 2017 – CEO

Hi there, thank you for posting your feedback to us. For most of our positions, we have an informal first round interview, which is really just an opportunity for us to get to know the applicant and... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Haywire (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I got there early for my interview and there were 30 or more other applicants also waiting to be interviewed. I was waiting for 45 mins before I was called only to find I was being called for the wrong position and I had to be turned over to some one else. I waited for another 45 minutes and then I left.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware this is an unpaid Internship?   1 Answer

Jul 25, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, we apologize that you feel you were kept waiting, please feel welcomed to contact us about travel reimbursements. All the best.