Hazen and Sawyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hazen and Sawyer Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone, and told about the company and the position that I had applied for. During this, I scheduled an interview, which ended up being three separate interviews with a different employee for each. The total interview time was around two hours, and was very informal. I heard back three or four weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Have you billed hours before? Do you have past consulting experience?   Answer Question

Field Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview process was informal and held on-site. It lasted about 30min and was comfortable. The questions were mainly about my background and competence. I was very qualified for the position and the interview wasn't onerous.

Interview Questions

• The questions consisted mainly of my background and competence.   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in May 2015.

Interview

Online resume submission, Conference call/phone interview with 3 senior managers and finally on-site interview. Onsite interview consisted of lunch, dinner and meeting with all the people in the office.
    /#Upon completing the interview, committee members will complete one of the following evaluation tools and forward to the Committee Chair along with any interview notes. Candidate evaluations should be sure to include only those comments which are relevant to the requirements of the position.

Interview Questions

• Talked about projects, courses. Why you want to join us? Will you be okay in relocating to here?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty Standard, a mix of basic questions with some more personal and ambition-related ones. He got to know me a little bit and I got to know the company a little better.

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied over a weekend online and got a call that Tuesday to schedule an interview. Interviewed with a panel of 6 people who represented the different types of work I would be expected to do. Very friendly and was not overwhelming to have that many people asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you completed a wetland delineation before and are you familiar with the NYS permitting requirements.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer (State College, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted within a week of applying for the job by e-mail. After hearing no response I called the office and talked with the manager for 10-15 minutes before setting up an interview. A couple weeks later I went down to the office for an interview. Overall the process went very smoothly and was told I would be contacted within 3 weeks. At the end of three weeks I called to find out that the job had been offered to someone else with a years worth of experience (I don't have any yet). Other than not hearing back the whole process was handled very professionally.

Interview Questions

• What do you think it takes to be successful in a company like ours?   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer (Hollywood, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Very informal, it seemed more like determining if my personality would fit in. I had to meet with maybe 10 people in the office and had 1 on 1 conversations about what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous projects, not really anything technical, very informal   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in April 2014.

Interview

First I had an interview in the local office where I lived, then I had two hour long interview in regional office with four or five different people. Everyone was very friendly and the office was very nice. Great first impression. Everyone was very personal and offered lots of incite. The projects that I was told I would be working on were not in fact the projects that I ended up working on.

Negotiation

Environmental Scientist Interview

Interview

The interviewers were very kind and easy to talk to. They had standard interview questions. There were two interviewers, a boss and a team member.

Interview Questions

The current living situation made it too difficult for the job requirements.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer (North Birmingham, AL) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not very difficult at all. We clicked right away. The questions were good and the employers were very professional. I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What my computer skills were.   1 Answer