Hazen and Sawyer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 22 of over 22 interviews

Consulting

3y

works at

Deloitte

Harshest feedback you’ve ever received?

6,873

601 Comments

Join the conversation on

Hazen and Sawyer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer

Interview

There was one phone interview and one on site interview. It was relatively easy I only interviewed with my direct supervisor and then I was hired within 2 months of the initial call

Interview Questions
  • what are you interested in doinng here
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer (Nashville, TN) in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was the regular for every other job, it was however made more interactive and less nerve wrecking. I had a great time having conversations with the hiring manager.

Hazen and Sawyer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer

Interview

Submitted my application online and received a call and impromptu interview that Monday. I have many years engineering experience and must have been an attractive candidate. Interviewer said he would try to put something together. Not heard back, but it’s only been 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty much just questions about my experience. No structured interview. On the phone for 30 minutes or so. Very casual.

Hazen and Sawyer

Application

I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer

Interview

I came in for an in person interview. Everyone was very nice and professional. We discussed an overview of the company and what my role would be. I brought my resume and portfolio to show. Overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hazen and Sawyer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview process started when I applied through one of the company recruiters. I was asked the usual questions about my background in structural engineering. I was assured by the staff I was the employee they were looking for. I had two rounds of interviews. I was told by their recruiter that they take several months interviewing candidates. After my second interview, I got a call from the company recuiter and yelled at. I was harassed and told I did not belong in structural engineering despite being licensed in California, Washington, Texas and Colorado. I was told I did not fit into the company after a two one-hour interviews. When I asked for specifics, the recruiter told me to shut up. This recruiter was completely clueless about what was said in the interview - and this person was present in both of them. I was told I had no experience designing environmental engineering structures despite having public records with my name on them. The recruiter told me I had no quality cntrol experience despeite working several years working in a building department with plenty of public records to back up what I was saying. Interviewing this firm is worse than being burned at the stake, getting a root canal and getting injured in a car crash combined. People need to avoid this firm like the plague because you will end up being tortured worse than a POW.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer (Atlanta, GA) in Aug 2019

Interview

I did not apply to any specific job posting, but submitted my resume on the company website for general consideration. I was contacted by a senior associate in the Atlanta office who had come across my resume and was interested in a phone interview. We scheduled and had a 45-minute phone interview. Then we scheduled an onsite interview for a few weeks later, for which I drove 3.5 hours from home and interviewed for about 2.5 hours with this senior associate and other leaders in the office. They gave me a presentation about the company and its work and asked me about my resume, experiences, and interests. They told me I would hear back two days later, but it took a week before they communicated anything. Even then, they told me there was no position open and they had to determine whether to open one. About 1.5 weeks after my first interview, I was asked to come in for a second interview as not all the right people had been invited to my first one. It took over a week to set a date. In this one I talked with three sub-leaders whom I might be working more directly under. The interview was more intensive this time and I was asked more difficult questions. This was my first serious job interview and I was very hopeful about the result. I was told I would hear back with a decision the next day, but it wasn't until 3 days later that they emailed and told me they were hiring someone else instead. Throughout the process, I was surprised by the delayed responses in communication. With the end result, I was taken aback because they had given me no awareness that it was now a competitive interview process.

Interview Questions
  • What are you looking for in workplace culture / environment?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer (Raleigh, NC)

Interview

The interview itself was great. Initially when I saw they had scheduled 6 hours for the interview, I was a bit concerned as to what they were planning. It turned out that it was a series of individual conversations with different department managers and others who I would be working with. I really enjoyed it and it gave me a great feel for how the job would be day-to-day. While I knew to expect a bit less money than I was currently making, they weren’t really willing to budge on any other factors to compensate for the significantly smaller salary. No schedule flexibility, and a mostly a lateral offer in benefits etc. If you are going to fly someone in for an interview, you should at least be prepared to make a competitive offer. They also failed to reimburse the hotel room cost, even though I was assured they would. Seems like a great company, but they probably need to formalize the recruitment process and get it a bit more organized to avoid situations like this.

Interview Questions
  • What are your thoughts about help desk ina n organization?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer (Columbus, OH) in Sep 2015

Interview

I was contacted over the phone, and told about the company and the position that I had applied for. During this, I scheduled an interview, which ended up being three separate interviews with a different employee for each. The total interview time was around two hours, and was very informal. I heard back three or four weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • Have you billed hours before? Do you have past consulting experience?
3 people found this interview helpful

Hazen and Sawyer

Application

I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer

Interview

The interview process was informal and held on-site. It lasted about 30min and was comfortable. The questions were mainly about my background and competence. I was very qualified for the position and the interview wasn't onerous.

Interview Questions
  • The questions consisted mainly of my background and competence.
1 person found this interview helpful

Hazen and Sawyer

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in May 2015

Interview

Online resume submission, Conference call/phone interview with 3 senior managers and finally on-site interview. Onsite interview consisted of lunch, dinner and meeting with all the people in the office. /#Upon completing the interview, committee members will complete one of the following evaluation tools and forward to the Committee Chair along with any interview notes. Candidate evaluations should be sure to include only those comments which are relevant to the requirements of the position.

Interview Questions
  • Talked about projects, courses. Why you want to join us? Will you be okay in relocating to here?
3 people found this interview helpful