Head Start Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.7

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Head Start (South Bend, IN).

Interview

Answered questions of my knowledge on children. They wanted to know if I would be able to work with children with disabilities, speech and or learning. Would you hit a child? Would I be able to work with children that came to me from broken homes or were they haven't eating. Would I be willing to advance my education. It was a calming interview. They didn't badger or say negatives about the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child that s constantly hitting.   2 Answers

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Head Start (Eugene, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

The first part they took me into a room and had 2 questions writing test about 30 minutes, and then after that they took me to another room to interview.

The panel were position supervisor, the person who work in the tile but transferring out, and one parent representative. They took turn to ask some questions on the sheet, so basically the questions are standard.

Remember the core value of Head Start, and build your answer on it.

Interview Questions

• what skills, experience, energy level you can bring to Head Start?   1 Answer

Head Start Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Head Start (Springfield, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I put in my application in May. They called me for an interview for June 1st. The first part of the interview was an test. It had to questions on it. I was given 30 minutes to answer.Then they gave me a list of questions the panel was going to ask me. Then I was interviewed by a panel of 5 people including a parent.I answered all the questions. Then I was told the next step if I was hired was for policy council to approve me. I had to wait all the way to June 14th. Then I got a call on June 18th that I was hired and they would call me in August.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a child who doesn't care. How would you make sure all families cultures are represented in the classroom.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Head Start (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick.

Submitted my online application, and received an invitation for an interview a week after.
    When I went to the school district, there were 6 people composed of parents, director, HR, district coordinator, etc.

They gave me a paper that had total of 8-9 interview questions so I could refer to the paper to clarify the questions. It was an average interview, and asked questions on how I work with a co-teacher, how I manage the classroom, what language I speak other than English, what are you going to do if an ESL student is referred to special education, etc.

Lead Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Head Start (Franklin, NJ).

Interview

I applied online. To be honest I didn't remember when I applied but I was called in for an interview and three people were present. They asked me a lot of questions and then asked me for my ID and transcripts. A week later they offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Head Start (Marietta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Formal face to face. Very direct and to the point. I suggest listening closely to the questions and take a moment if necassary to think and then answer as best as possible.

Interview Questions

• Time when you made a suggestion to improve the work.
      What has been your biggest professional disappointment?
      Give some examples of teamwork as Teacher Head Start.
      Example of adaptation to changes and the difficulties.
      How would you decide on your objectives?
      What do you like and dislike about Teacher Head Start job we are discussing?
      How did you get work assignments at your most recent employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemount, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Head Start (Rosemount, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and they contacted me within a week (the beginning of August) for an interview. Everything needed to move fast because their orientation and training was two weeks away. I was interviewed by two people - human resources and a manager. They handed me two pages of interview questions and took turns asking me those questions while taking notes during the interview. They were really friendly and encouraging during the interview and went over the logistics of the position afterwards. There will be a second interview with the addition of a parent present.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a child being abused or neglected?   2 Answers

Licensed Practical Nurse Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Head Start (Paterson, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

My resume was submitted by my nursing school. The nursing supervisor called me to set up an appointment to interview. Interview process was short and sweet, received job offer same day, the process of starting was much longer. Red tape regarding background checks fingerprinting and budget approvals delayed the start date by 4 months.

Interview Questions

• standard, what would you do in this situation questions. Child immunization questions were also asked, if knowledge of immunizations it was considered a plus, otherwise was willing to train on all aspects of position   Answer Question

Nutrition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Head Start (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email to come in for a screening. I came in and they gave me a ridiculous spelling and grammar test along with a long personality questionnaire. I then came in for an interview. They asked basic questions that didn't apply to the job. It was disappointing. I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weakness, how do you define a leader   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Head Start (Brunswick, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Manage class load 50 two people old school too much paper cover your tracks document I did not think this was for me.it is not a great place to get promoted. Favorite excel.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with difficult parents   1 Answer