Health Net Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Operations Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Health Net (Rancho Cordova, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

applied online and submitted tailored cover letter. Received email request for in person interview about a month later. The job posting talked mostly about analytical job duties. At the end it mentioned preference for some SQL programming experience (which I do have). The in person interview was entirely technical - it was as if I had applied for a software engineer position (I am a business analyst). It was completely out of left field. I felt lost and completely stupid - if I had known the job was that much technical, I would not have applied! The job duties were completely misleading and I am not sure how it got so mixed up!

Interview Questions

• What SQL programming have you done? Did you query? What types of databases did you use? How much Access experience do you have? Was it gooey?   1 Answer

Eligibility Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Health Net (Woodland Hills, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

You will always be interviewed by at least two supervisors. The majority of questions are behavioral interview questions. So study up and have several previous challenging work experiences remembered so you can you use them to answer the questions they ask. I had like 5 or 6 scenario's remembered and used them to answer their questions.

Interview Questions

• "tell me a time when you were confronted by an angry customer and how did you resolve their issue." "what is your biggest weakness"   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Health Net (Woodland Hills, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was called to request an interview through a talent agency. Interview was set up very quickly, in a matter of days. Interview was 1 on 1 with the hiring manager and took approximately 2 hours. I was then asked to interview with another manager from the team. I was hired by the agency as a contractor for 3 months then applied for the job and got it.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were relevant to the job, which was procurement. Business process questions, best practices, then technical questions about systems. They also asked about scenarios in the workplace and how I handled them. We also discussed workplace challenges and successes. Very pleasant experience.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Health Net in February 2011.

Interview

My contact with HR was very positive as was with my eventual boss. After the phone interviews I was invited to an in person panel interview with my boss and 6 other VPs. The session was intense and I did well. I was excited with the potential opportunities that the position offered and was impressed with the people I met during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance when you had to disclose a very difficult message to your business stakeholders and how you managed the same.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Health Net (Woodland Hills, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

1. HN contacted me over the phone asking for an on-campus interview with the hiring manager
    2. Less than 24 hours after the interview, they requested a second interview with the upper management
    3. After interviewing with the director, a team interview.
    4. Less than 48 hours later, offer was made
    Note:
    *Short interview process.
    * Asked very standard interview questions.
    * Background Check can sometimes take over six weeks due to a new system.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you think you are the best fit for this position?   1 Answer

Commission Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Health Net (Woodland Hills, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

10/17/2016 applied online. 11/7/2016 in-person interview with manager of the department and her supervisor. I was asked 9 standard situational questions. I was given time after answering these questions to ask my own questions. It seemed like the interview was going well. I found out on 11/29/2016 from a standard email that I didn't get the job. I'm not sure why they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a difficult situation with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Health Net (Woodland Hills, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Total lenght of time: 2 months. Process: Met with HR, then hiring manager, then second interview with hiring manager, then hired. The process between the HR and the two interviews with the hiring manager took 3 to 4 weeks. The drug test and background check took over a week. Then they like to have you start on a Monday following a pay day.

Interview Questions

• Talked about past experience, questions around sales sales culture, vision, expectations, CRM, situational questions, your ability to work cross-functional with your management peers in operations, marketing, etc...   Answer Question

Utilization Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Health Net (Rancho Cordova, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick. Applied online and got an email from a recruiter 2-3 days later asking about salary requirements. After emailing the recruiter back, received a call 2-3 days later by the head of the department for an interview. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Was interviewed by the head of the department and the team leader.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult management situation and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a irate customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Health Net.

Interview

Panel interview with a group of potential employees. Questions were asked and certain people were asked to answer the question. This was my first group interview and I thought it was alright. It gives you the opportunity to see how other people would reply to certain questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my pay rate. It was reasonable at the time.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Health Net (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview screening and then was scheduled for a 2-3 hour one on one interview. The position needed someone who was analytic skill heavy and focused primarily on SAS. They were interested in people with SAS experience and programming skills. The position requires previous experience in research or clinical data.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about SAS programming skills and familiarity with macros and SQL.   Answer Question