Health and Environmental Control Department of South Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Health and Environmental Control Department of South Carolina

Environmental Health Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Health and Environmental Control Department of South Carolina.

Interview

After applying I was asked to complete a series of essay questions. A week after submitting them I interviewed in front of a panel of three managers and then was called back for another interview two weeks later. Then, after a month of silence I was called back for a third interview.

The whole process seemed to be incredibly poorly managed. There was no mention of a second interview when I asked about it during the first interview. The second interview was conducted by people without any direct supervision of the job and throughout the process I got a lot of repeat questions, as if they didn't actually check over the previous interview's records.

14 weeks from my application until they made a decision. The whole process gave the impression of a poorly run organization.

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health and Environmental Control Department of South Carolina.

Interview

Took forever between applying, then interview, then offer. Overall 4 months or more. Ridiculously slow and frustrating process. Also, be warned that they will only ever go with the lowest job salary offer posted.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Health and Environmental Control Department of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was schedule through OCI job website. Interview scheduled for a Saturday morning. One of two interviewers showed up about 12 minutes late. Interview discussed the Olympics more than the actual job. Never received a follow up letter after job was given to someone else.

Environmental Health Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Health and Environmental Control Department of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in May 2011.

Interview

It was a highly structured interview with set questions on personality, background, and knowledge. Fair, friendly. It lasted an hour, and staff were respectful of my time. A good experience, and I appreciate the time and attention that the DHEC staff paid to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult environmental issue   1 Answer

Environmental Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Health and Environmental Control Department of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in July 2008.

Interview

You apply online on the state of South Carolina e-Recruitment website. After submitting your resume, the hiring manager will contact you to schedule an interview. The initial interview was basic and asked questions like your strengths and weaknesses, job experiences, and why do you want to work for the Department of Health and Environmental Control. After a week, the hiring manager contacted me for a second interview and asked more specific questions about the job I applied for such as describe your knowledge of a pulp and paper manufacturing plant, plywood plant, and batch chemical plant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything after interview once they offered me the position. I would negotiate next time since they offered me the lower end of the salary range.