HealthPort District Manager of Operations-HIM Division Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HealthPort District Manager of Operations-HIM Division Interview Questions

District Manager of Operations-HIM Division Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HealthPort in March 2010.

Interview

Applied for District Manager of ROI Operations position through the companies website. Was contacted by a national recruiter to conduct a phone interview. Typical behavioral interview and recruiter asked about my educational background and experience. A week later, I was asked to do a panel interview with the Regional Vice President and another District Manager that were traveling to the area.

In the motel lobby, a 2:1 interview was conducted with them asking about my experience and background. They inquired extensively into my P&L and healthcare management experience. Technical product/service expertise seemed less important to them than managerial experience. Interview lasted approximately 1.5 hours. Through heavy research into the company and industry experience with a market competitor, I had attained extensive knowledge of the the products and services offered by the firm. At one point in the interview, I was even asked, "How do you know so much about the firm."

I spent a great deal of time questioning them as to the strategic vision of the firm, as the market for the HIM division is in decline. I was worried that I might be joining a division in a company with a business model with limited long-term viability. After all, who want to join a firm with a division that will be divested if management doesn't contingency plan today? In hindsight, I think I shared to much expertise and enthusiasm, or maybe probed to deeply about the firm's strategic vision, and maybe the interviewers felt threatened? Advice: Don't ask about a firm's ERP/MIS when the interviewer has no idea what this means.

At the end of the interview, I was informed that two weeks would be needed to make a decision. I wrote a thank you letter to the interviewers the next day and waited. After 15 days, I emailed them again to express my interest in the position and stress my ability to solve their needs. I heard nothing. Over the course of the next three weeks I still hadn't heard anything, thus I forwarded them my previous 2-3 emails and continued to express my interest in the position. I was never extended the professional courtesy from anyone in the firm as to the status of my candidacy. Maybe I lucky to not join a firm with a culture that fails to communicate effectively.

Interview Questions