HealthPort Release of Information Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HealthPort Release of Information Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at HealthPort

1.1

Release of Information Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HealthPort.

Interview

I was first called a few weeks after applying. I then was asked to meet HR in the hospital lobby where I had to call them numerous times to make aware that i was there. They was 20min late and was given a 2 min interview. Called the same day for a 2nd interview which went well. Accepted job offer. Yet still haven't heard back from them and it's been a month.

Interview Questions

• How does your pervious work experience tie in with this job.   Answer Question

They did not even call me back after I accepted job offer. So looked for another job.

Other Interview Reviews for HealthPort

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HealthPort (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I Interviewed in one office, I was asked a few questions and I answered honestly. After I answered the questions the manager saw me out of the door. After the interview I heard from the manager shortly with an offer letter. I heard from manager via email.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working overtime?   1 Answer

Release of Information Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HealthPort.

Interview

Laid back, not too intense. Mostly focused on prior experience. Only took about 20 minutes or so. Not a bad experience at all. The staff looked friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a difficult situation? Prior experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HealthPort (Pembroke Pines, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process was easy as there was not a tough set of questions asked just a social hour about current staff, and the desire for management to terminate many of them. I found it odd that a release of information company such as HealthPort did not conduct a drug screening. Nevertheless I found the entire process extremely easy as they were desperate to fill seats.

Interview Questions

• When can you start was the most difficult question for me as I was currently employed, and they seemed to need staff immediately.   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the time Healthport was offering incentive based pay, that is a thing of the past. I came in sweet and left sour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HealthPort (Wakefield, RI) in September 2015.

Interview

Last minute interview after applying online and emailing the woman conducting the interviews. Met in the hospital lobby and had a very pleasant experience. Was told that I would receive an email for a background check and once that cleared, I would be sent a formal offer letter and I would start the following week. Less than four hours later received a phone call from the same woman stating that she had interviewed someone with more experience and would be giving the job to her. Thank goodness I hadn't quit my job or I would have been left with nothing by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• What would someone else describe as your best quality? What would some else describe as your most negative quality?   Answer Question

Release of Information Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HealthPort.

Interview

Interviewer called to set up meeting with no pre-interview questions. She was an hour late. We met in the parking lot as I was leaving . After approx. 3 minutes, she gave me a start date and then talked about her cows and her son's wedding for the next 45 minutes. This should have been my first clue of what was to come.

Interview Questions

• The only thing she asked about was how soon could I start.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was only told of the hourly rate after I received an offer letter from the corporate office.

Release of Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HealthPort (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)) in May 2015.

Interview

It moved very quickly and very professional and courteous we went over my job experience which included:Medical Billing & Coding ▪ ICD-9-CM ▪ HCPCS ▪ CPT ▪ Introduction to ICD-10-CM ▪ Co-Payments & Deductibles
    Greenway PrimeSUITE ▪ Electronic Medical Records ▪ EHR/EMR ▪ Practice Management Software
    Insurance Billing Procedures ▪ Insurance Verification ▪ Medical Records Management
    Anatomy & Physiology ▪ Medical Terminology ▪ Disease Process ▪ HIPAA
    Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE ▪ CMS 1500 ▪ CMS 1450 (UB-04) ▪ EOBs ▪ Managed Care (HMO, PPO, and POS)
    Insurance Claim Processing ▪ Electronic Payment Posting ▪ Appointment Scheduling
    Government & Third-Party Payers ▪ Office Management ▪ Data Entry ▪ 10-Key Skills ▪ Microsoft Office/Word

Interview Questions

• How soon will i be bale to start?   1 Answer

Release of Information Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HealthPort in July 2009.

Interview

For a position with this much responsibility you would think that the interview would be a bit more rigorous. The manager discussed with me where I grew up as a child because it is close to where he lives today. The overall feel of the interview was not like an interview at all. The most frustrating part was the length of time it actual took to start working, five weeks. It seemed as though the excuses never ended why I wasn't able to begin working. Over all the hiring experience was 5 out of 10 rating, a lot of red tape between Healthport and the contracted site.