HealthSouth RN, PRN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

RN, Prn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HealthSouth (Sandy, UT) in May 2011.

Interview

This was the absolute worst interview I have ever been on, which inevitably led me to decline the job offer. It was just under an hour long and every question was a situational question "Tell me about a time when..." and they all seemed the same. All the questions were about conflict with Doctors, or other Nurses, etc. and how I handled it....I swear I had to think of about 7 different situations with conflict and my previous job was wonderful without much conflict. I was making stuff up by the end of it...It was the most painful interview I have ever been on. At one point I actually looked at my watch and was about to just apoligize and excuse myself from the interview. I figure, if I was asked so many questions about conflict (this is a regular RN role, not a supervisory position) than I can expect a lot of conflict in the position offered. I wasn't asked one question "tell me about yourself" or anything positive about what I have to offer- just right from the start, 15 situational questions. The whole interview had a very negative tone, and I wasn't a fan of that. To be fair, they did warn me that it was a long process, sent to them from corporate offices. But, that doesn't mean they couldn;t have added a few warm-up questions to make the tone a little nicer and friendlier. Also, the Director of Nursing was wearing pink scrubs...I am not a fan of a DON wearing casual scrubs...makes me think they are super short-staffed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a doctor...   1 Answer

Stated above....The interview was the worst and gave me a bad feeling about the place!!