HealthTap Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Very disorganized. Spoke with head of product, great guy, seemed very driven and intelligent. Did a take home project, and was invited onsite to talk to the head of eng.
    Had a 30 min onsite, then was rejected the next day. The company doesn't respect candidates' time, as the conversation could have happened over a phone call, and I wasn't even given a tour of the office.
    A few days later, the internal recruiter reached out to me again, without a hint of our past conversations. Seems very disorganized.

Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

HealthTap reached out to me for an Operations role in the Palo Alto office to help the team scale. The initial interview was a 1/2 hour conversation over coffee in Palo Alto. At the time they had 51 openings listed on their careers section of their website and the interviewer explained they were looking for Operations Managers to help the company scale. 8-days passed between initial in-person interview and a phone screen and a phone interview with another "Special Projects" lead. No details were given to the business health of the company, the company's plans for growth, or any data that would allow a candidate to judge the work environment or ability for the company to succeed. After three weeks I was invited to an in-person 1/2 hour interview with the CEO who told me I should expect follow-up interviews with the CTO and Chief of Product. That evening at approximately 7pm I received an email requesting an assignment (shown below). Despite reaching out for feedback and details required for the requested planning none was received. Two days later I received a conciliatory message from the one of the previous interviewers.

Interview Questions

• You are assigned to organize a technology developer's conference: prepare an operational plan considering all dimensions for launching this groundbreaking conference. Timeline:48 hours. Context: no objectives were given, feed   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter approached me on Hackerank. The whole process took about 2 weeks. It took 7 business days from the first interview to the offer. The interview process is extremely disorganized. All my interviewers were late, some even 30 mins late. I had two technical interviews with engineers, one technical interview with hiring manager. One brain teaser interview with the CTO and one behavioral with the CEO. I rejected the offer because I think what Ron Gutman, the CEO, did with his previous venture, HealthSphere, is unethical. The start date on my offer letter was 2 weeks before my agreed upon start date. Considering the unethical behaviors reported on glassdoor, it was very possible they did it intentionally, so when I start 2 weeks after the date on the offer letter, they could renegotiate(lower) my compensation because I didn't start on time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Like other interview reviews said, very disorganized and not pro on recruiting at all.
    I was reached out by an internal recruiter first for position A, said I am a good fit for the area. Had a call with the recruiter and would like to move on to the interviews. I submitted my availability in an email, but they didn't get back to me. Just disappeared.
    And then two weeks after, I sent a follow-up email asking what's going on. They replied and said I may not be a good fit for position A, but I could be a good fit for position B. I'm like, alright. Took the phone interview and passed that, and was invited to onsite interview.
    On the (first) onsite, interviewers seemed busy and were never coming to interview on time, feels like they've been dragged by HR. The questions were not hard but a lot of them were going through your past experiences.
    After that day, I waited for a couple days and sent follow-up again. They replied the next day and said would like to invite me to onsite again for meeting with the hiring manager and CTO. So I went there again, and the interview schedule was again a mess. CTO had another meeting conflict so I had to wait somewhere for him.
    And here comes the worse part. I think I did well on the interviews, and even the recruiter called me after the second onsite and said all the feedback she got so far are "extremely positive". But somehow after a few day they sent me an rejection email saying that I was not a good fit for now.
    Totally wasting the candidates time. I honestly don't encourage engineers to join the company as I don't feel they value their engineer very much. And you can find a lot of negative reviews here already, both from applicants and current employees.

Interview Questions

• Going through your experiences. So coding questions and a brain teaser.   Answer Question

Senior Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process from start to end was disorganized. Interviewers were in a hurry and would not spend time trying to understand the proposed solutions. At one point during the interview I was asked to leave the building and come back after 1 hour because the interviewer had to attend a meeting.

The interview process was pretty standard. First interview was a 45 min Skype session with one of the senior engineers. We talked a little about my background and projects I worked on and then asked to solve an algorithm problem.

After that I was invited onsite for another round of interviews. 2nd round consisted of 4 interviews, mostly solving algorithm problems that were pretty easy.

Got an offer after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• I would not mention the exact questions. The questions were not very difficult. Just make sure that you revise basic data structures and algorithms before the interview.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Head of Product is a friendly guy who asks straightforward questions and is clearly searching for excellence in his hires. He also wants to move fast in hiring and wants candidates to have the same fire to work intensely and be passionate about the product. The CTO also seemed very proud about the "intensity" of the work they are doing.

The process:
    Initial call with the Head of Product, who created a take-home assignment to be completed on my own time. Completed the assignment and was told I'd be moving to the onsite stage.
    The interview process really broke down when I was shuffled between multiple recruiters, the CEO cancelled a call without notification, and everything was delayed despite their desire to "move fast."
    My onsite interview consisted of only one conversation with the CTO, who asked a few softball questions that should have been asked during the initial recruiter screen (eg. describe your previous work functions).
    With very little context after my conversation with the CTO, I was abruptly rejected. It didn't seem like there was much communication between the recruiters and the people I talked to (ie the CTO).

Overall: Got the sense they don't treat recruiting seriously.

Interview Questions

• Create a slide deck to pitch yourself.   Answer Question
    • Create a slide deck to pitch a fictional product that could exist in HealthTap's line of business.   Answer Question
    • Examine the HealthTap app and create a list of bugs, sorted by priority, with analysis for each.   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Great Interview process overall. Loved the company's culture and environment. They called me for an onsite interview with the team, after a skype interview with one of the developers. The onsite interview went for a couple of hours where they called different developers to interview me. The recruiters were super friendly overall, and even let me see the workspace.

Interview Questions

• Given a 2d array with either desk or coffee machines, find the distance from each desk to the nearest coffee machine.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager. Invited onsite for 3 hour interview. Had a "walking interview" (walked around downtown PA, while being interviewed) with head of product, spoke with head of growth, hiring manager, and designated inside sales manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

They had me at the office for final rounds, the two interviewers were very friendly. Overall, the whole staff I talked to was extremely friendly and everyone seemed very excited to have me there.

Interview Questions

• Write a method to sort this binary tree. How would you recreate the following graph?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews, ranging from 15 to 45 minutes. Some interviews were general, asking about my background and expectations, while some more technical. I had two interviews related to programming and computer science related stuff. They tested my coding skills. The final one was general, asking about my expectations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Which programming language are you most comfortable with?   Answer Question