Healthfirst (New York) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Healthfirst (New York) Interview Questions

Interviews at Healthfirst (New York)

2.7

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Healthfirst (New York) (New York, NY).

Interview

The process included an (1) initial phone screen with HR (2) virtual video interview, answering prompts that you record your answers to and finally (3) in-person interview on site. The overall process was clear and there was open communication throughout.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had to video myself answering the questions, was annoying cuz u only had 1 shot, no retakes and they didnt test my actual knowledge or stengths with coding challenges so never even got to prove myself

Interview Questions

• describe a challenging time and how you overcame it
      what are your weaknesses/stengths, etc.   1 Answer

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Healthfirst (New York) (New York, NY).

Interview

Worst interview experience. The hiring manager didn’t show up to the last round in person.

Out of 3 people I was supposed to meet (another director, the hiring manager and a senior analyst) only the analyst showed up.

On top of it, no apologies or excuses. In fact I didn’t hear anything until I followed up and got some vague answer.

Extremely unprofessional team and organization, to allow a team like that to operate.

Interview Questions

• A few pages of code that were shuffled and a page was missing. Again, very disorganized.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Lake Mary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Healthfirst (New York) (Lake Mary, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Spoke to someone named Kat 2 weeks later for a phone screen. 2 weeks after asked to come out to the location for a in person interview. So anyway what a joke. I have over 20 years experience in customer service and health plans 7 years. These guys claim to be professional yet the Lake Mary Florida location is a completely different story. I was fully prepared for this interview meaning all about the company background ,star questions ,well dressed etc. yet the so called hiring managers didn’t hire me. Right off the bat they gave me the third degree about my gap in service like a I was to blame for having money in my life and having to go to work if I choose to or not. The main guy is wearing a football jersey of sort which seemed quite unprofessional and the other whose name is Irwin is just following along with whatever the main one says. You can tell these two are not bright or enthusiastic enough to be hiring managers and have these positions just as side projects for their real jobs on the phone likely. I really expected more out of a prominent company based out of New York for a more structured hiring staff. Oh well it is really not my loss. I felt during the interview I was definitely discriminated against my well being financially and the reason I was likely not hired. Seems they are not looking for professionals only folks considered non-essential. Do yourself and don’t apply here at this Lake Mary location as it seems they are wasting peoples time in a job market where they have limited hiring resources.

Interview Questions

• Very simple minded questions. Star method   1 Answer

Role Interview

Interview

The whole interview process is very stupid. From the very first round, recruiter started to asked stupid questions over and over again. I went to on site interview later. There were four rounds, nearly every round, recruiters were late, some being late for a long time. Also, the recruiter whose initial first and last name is AE always asked you the SAME meaning behavioral questions so many times. The other people's attitude were fake. One recruiter's attitude was just killing time. One recruiter also fooled me the other day. I felt the recruiters unprofessional. You guys should really check yourself first about the way you asked questions and the questions you asked.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Healthfirst (New York).

Interview

Really great experience; they followed up pretty quickly after each step of the process and had an efficient system that included a Hirevue video interview and then a follow-up interview with a staff member. Everyone I interacted w/ through email or in-person was nice and always followed up, which I really appreciated it.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Healthfirst (New York) (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

At first the recruiter called and asked about my background and why I am looking to change etc. In a week, I had a technical interview over phone . After I cleared that, I was called for in-person interview where I had 4 rounds. All of these had technical/benavioural questions.They were all friendly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• How will you identify duplicate records coming in from different systems?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply for HealthFirst?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever faced with a situations where you had to shift priorities?   Answer Question

Utilization Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Healthfirst (New York) (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied 1 year ago, never heard back. Then a recruiter reached out to see if I was interested in a similar position, interview was one week after, then received verbal offer 4 days after in person. Interviewed with manager and senior manager separately, both very smooth and conversational. Wasn’t intense at all. Behavioral questions like how you handled certain situations in the past etc.....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to get used to change in the work place?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to step in and take a leadership role in a situation at work?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Healthfirst (New York) (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

long and intimidating, panel interview, tag team. it felt like a college initiation. they made me feel very uncomfortable. Resume, was identified. phone screened, in person screen

Interview Questions

• why does my resume look like garbage, why are you here? how many hires can you guarantee us?   1 Answer

Shared Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Healthfirst (New York) (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter on Linkedin about a position with their recently formed Shared Services team. The Recruiter was incredibly enthusiastic about my prospects and made sure to present how much of an excellent candidate she felt I was, claiming to have been "stalking" my Linkedin profile for several days. Kind words considering I had not even heard of HealthFirst as an organization, but I was incredibly intrigued by the prospect of working here (ie - financially, they boasted what appeared to be an incredible salary boost from my current role). I read the negative reviews on Glassdoor prior to my over the phone interview and gave them them the benefit of the doubt as much of the negative feedback left was from several years ago and was primarily directed at departments outside of HR - big mistake.

The tales of unprofessionalism do not appear to be false.

After being spun an incredible tale by a friendly recruiter in early May, I was scheduled to have a phone interview with the Director of the team I would conceivably be working for the following week- phone because he lived out of state. We were scheduled for a 30 minute discussion - that's exactly what we had, with him not so subtly ending the discussion around the 29 minute marker when I attempted to get my 2nd question in. In that time, we spoke about the weather, his affinity for hiring unconventional people for their roles (he boasted about hiring a ballerina for an HR team), the importance of kindness in the work place, as well as the broken tooth he had suffered.

For no less than 80% of the call, he spoke. I was asked two questions that I may or may not have answered to his satisfaction (I will assume did not). I was afforded the opportunity to ask one, which resulted in an answer that took up 1/3 of the 30 minute look phone interview.

At the end, I got a fumbled concept of "next steps", which included being advised that he would "probably" have a member of his team reach out to me the following week to conduct an additional phone interview to obtain their insights. He even advised me that interviews would be conducted as of the week of June 3rd and that he felt there was "a lot that I could bring to the table" for this position.

Despite the sinking feeling of something being off about this whole situation, I thought better of it - the words didn't match the sentiment, but the words were present nonetheless. He genuinely seemed nice and it was refreshing to speak with someone that spoke from a standpoint of kindness in the work place. While I'd never been on a phone interview where the phone interviewer spoke more than I did, I tried to set that to the side. Maybe this was simply an opportunity to see whether or not he and I could connect, I thought. Maybe this wasn't intended as an interview intended to determine my candidacy - who would talk about their broken tooth in an environment intended to ascertain someone's candidacy? He was just trying to see the kind of person I was. Clearly the next person I spoke with would present the real test of candidacy. I would chalk this up as an odd experience and await the "real" conversation next week.

Except a week went by and it never came. Nor did it come the week after. The lone email contact I had accessible? 2 weeks without a response or any follow-up. I'm not one for calling when it is evident that there is no interest, but I almost considered it just because of how "kind" everyone appeared to be. On June 7th, the end of the week I was advised that interviews would take place and on June 10th, after a month, I finally got an automated email thanking me for my interest and advising they went elsewhere. Awesome!

Call it bitter, writing this out - I call it the illumination of wasted time. I wasted my time researching and discussing an opportunity that is clearly notorious for unprofessional behavior and foolishly got shocked when it happened to me. A lesson learned, to say the least, to keep 2.9 Glassdoor ratings in mind the next time I have a conversation with a prospective employer.