Healthways Health Coach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Healthways Health Coach Interview Questions

2.5

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Healthways (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with HR then sat up to speak with HR in person shortly after spoke with a manager. You end up speaking with them at least 3 times before waiting a week or so to find out if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where a member or individual was irate or upset?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Healthways

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Healthways (Chandler, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a month later for a phone interview which consisted off questions on my past employment as well as application questions. I then went in for an in-person interview with 3 managers and an HR rep and was contacted within a week with an official job offer. Pre-employment background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 qualities your last employer would say you possess?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate pay

Health Coach Interview

Interview

The interview was extremely easy and casual. Interviewed with one HR rep and one Operations Manager. The Operations Manager seemed a bit rushed, and I felt like I was only evaluated on whether or not I "could do the job." I also got an offer and was not able to negotiate my salary at all.

Health Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Healthways.

Interview

I applied and talked with HR for a phone screening interview. I then had an in person interview and had to wait almost 2 months to start. Slow process but HR was communicative and very easy to work with. Drug test, background screening, typing test, and information gathering test were administered before start date.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Healthways (Bellevue, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Easy. I interviewed for a Health Coach position and the process was fairly easy and simple. I had a phone interview for 30 minutes and then the following week i was asked to come in for an in person interview. The questions were fair and mostly behavioral related. 2 days later i was extended an offer and i accepted it. I started training for the position 1 month later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced a difficult situation or difficult person? and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Healthways (Franklin, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

You speak to someone on the phone for a 30 minute interview. Then, if you are asked to come back you meat with HR for 30 minutes to discuss salary. After that you meet with a manager for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the transtheoretical model of change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me what I would like for a salary. I gave a number, then she said what they typically offer. I said I would need time to think about it. Then, they came back with a higher number on the phone 2 days letter with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Healthways (Franklin, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, made you feel comfortable. The positions are very competitive so having an employee referral is optimal. Also, highlighting any effective skills may help you (research Motivational Interviewing)

Interview Questions

• Describe/imagine a situation where you had a conflict with a colleague, how did you handle it/what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Healthways (Franklin, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

Three interviews - telephonically and in person Submitted app online and had a call about three weeks later. Did not call on time - was a half hour late leaving interviewee confused

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Role playing through common situations with target population   Answer Question

Health Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Healthways.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview, the HR person had scheduling problems and missed the first two times we were supposed to talk. On the third scheduled time we spoke and she asked basic questions about my previous experience. She then scheduled me to come in and meet with the team for a second interview. They had a series of questions about behavior change and specific health issues.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were just different scenarios of behavior change.   Answer Question

Health Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Healthways.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted through email in response to my application, but there were several indications that it was a standard email that they were sending to several people at the same time. I set up for a 20 min phone interview with HR that went very well. The associate was prompt and it was generally pleasant, nothing too in depth. I set up for a face to face interview while on that call. The in person interview was quite different. The front desk receptionist was rude and on personal calls throughout my wait in the lobby. I took a quick typing and internet test. The HR associate was roughly 15 min late and commented that she couldn't remember if she had an interview scheduled or not. There was a set of standard questions that she asked me. She then took me on a tour of the facility. While walking through, I was struck by the very casual attire of the staff, and also by the general demeanor of some staff members. They did not seem pleased to see me or we're judging me, it was very awkward. I got a similar vibe from the Heath coach lead who came in to interview me next. She asked me a standard set of questions and clearly wanted text book answers. I left feeling good about the interview and was told when I would receive an offer. When that time came, I followed up with the HR associate and got no response. Two days later (a Friday and late afternoon) I received a generic email saying that I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions

• Mostly "how would you respond to a participant who is/is not ready for change?"   1 Answer