Hearst Youtube & Social Media Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Youtube & Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

At first, I was contacted a day after I originally applied online for the position. I was very excited because I was qualified for the work, and it was in a field of interest. The hiring manager seemed very cheery, polite and organized through email. She asked me to input a time I could meet according to HER schedule, and to make it work. We confirmed our interview time, and from there, she rescheduled. Then she did so again. And again. And might I say...yes, again! From there, I was supposed to meet her at the Hearst Tower, and I was an hour early. I waited another additional hour; no word from her. The security guards were even worried that I was sitting around so long. I finally emailed her an hour and thirty minutes into waiting, and she emailed me back and told me she left for a shoot and wouldn't be able to make it! I sucked it up and told her I could meet the next week. She met me at the scheduled time -- and grilled me with difficult questions during the entire interview. She barely spoke about the company to me, and told me I would be contacted a few days later on my status. Overall, this woman had no regard for my time -- something I should've known from the various (12!) reschedules.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a social media plan to people who have never seen our content before?   Answer Question