Hearth & Home Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake City, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hearth & Home Technologies (Lake City, MN) in May 2018.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. The first interview was a phone screen where MCR (our Human Resources) asked some general questions about work history etc, the second was a face to face with the department manager and MCR, and the third was a more in depth interview with the department manager as well as other managers

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions. They are like "Tell me a time when you did...example" or "how do you respond when..." and they try to cover your perceived strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hearth & Home Technologies (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

I interviewed through temp agency. Took a drug screening at separate location. Waited for the background check to clear. After everything cleared I took a welding test at job location. Passed that test, then was given a start to work date.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hearth & Home Technologies.

Interview

Took over 2 months to complete interview/hiring process. They move very slow for being a multi billion dollar company. The interview itself was easy, easy questions, basic "tell me about your strengths/weaknesses/how you overcame them". Drug test, mouth swap.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hearth & Home Technologies (Iowa City, IA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was straight forward and very informative. Dave Walsh did a great job and answered all my questions. I sounds like a great place to work. Looking forward to an offer very soon. The job sounds like one I would enjoy and look forward to. There seems to be a thirty word minimum so I'm not sure what more they want from me on this.

Interview Questions

• How I would approach starting a new job there.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hearth & Home Technologies (Lakeville, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

In depth background review. Specific experience and examples required. Face to face even with prior company employment. Interview with upper management and the regional human resources personnel even though they already know you and your background.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail the worst conflict you had to deal with and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake City, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hearth & Home Technologies (Lake City, MN).

Interview

Interviewer called late. Questions were behavioral asking for examples primarily.

The interview left me thinking they did not want a woman in the position. There were persistent questions asking me why I would want to deal with working as a manufacturing engineering on a factory floor dealing with conflict (ignoring the fact that I always have). Only one was asking for an example of how I dealt with conflict which the interviewer liked. There were also comments about how I'd have to be dirty and on the factory floor (something I've also always done). These tend to be code for not believing a woman is the right fit.

This coupled with the fact that my name couldn’t be included in the rejection letter (it just said Dear Candidate_name) and the fact the interviewer even called late left a feeling of potential systemic discrimination.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a conflict you dealt with on the factory floor when you had a seemingly intractable problem with people and what did you do to resolve it.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake City, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hearth & Home Technologies (Lake City, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a job fair at my University. Within a few weeks of applying, I had an interview. They paid for my travels, gave me a tour of the plant, and provided lunch. Everything about this experience was amazing. I was welcomed immediately and everyone was so friendly. There were 4 people who interviewed me (all at once). Each one asked me questions about how I would handle certain situations or what made me want to be a part of Hearth and Home Technologies.

Production Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettle Falls, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hearth & Home Technologies (Kettle Falls, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Interview was scheduled about 2 weeks later. They emailed on a Tuesday and asked when I could come in that week. They could only do it certain hours and required a 3-4 hour time slot. Hard to do so last minute when you are currently working. Interviewed with three separate people.

Production Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake City, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hearth & Home Technologies (Lake City, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was with a member of staff from an employment company who had been stationed at the company of employment. This lasted all of half an hour through all the questions, eventually leading to a tour of the building and three options for placement.

Hire by H&H was about twice as long and was conducted with my (then) supervisor and manager both. The questions were rather basic, as they'd been asking similar ones for over a week.

Marketing Interview Interview

Interview

Applied 2 months prior, had a phone interview, in person interview which lasted about an hour, then 3 interviews which lasted two hours. Took place over a period of 1 month. Very disorganized and fragmented responses to questions which I asked, was basically told that they don't know what they are looking for. Tried to put me in different boxes, wasn't impressed. I had my Hearth and Home Fireplace ripped out at my house the next day.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous roles and how they relate to this position?   Answer Question

Hearth & Home Technologies Response

Dec 19, 2018 – Internal Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value your input and are sorry to hear about your interview experience at HHT. Our interview process is tailored to work with you, the candidate