Heartland Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Heartland Automotive Interview Questions

1.7

Lube Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Automotive (Alexandria, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I was called for an interview. The interview was simple, took 5 minutes, and was easy. I was only asked, "Tell me about yourself." After a satisfactory answer to this one question, I did a drug test and background check. A few days later, I started training.

Lube Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mukilteo, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heartland Automotive (Mukilteo, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Casual, office is small. Not professional at all, in a good way. Sat down in office, explained the job and why it can be challenging over a retail position. Asked basic personality and prior employment questions.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greencastle, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Heartland Automotive (Greencastle, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Was very comfortable with the people that interviewed me. They asked me about my experience as a leader and what my goals for the future was with the company. They also asked me what it takes to build a quality part. My answer was TEAMWORK.....

Interview Questions

• How did i keep track of attendance at my previous position.   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Automotive.

Interview

No problem. HR called from company headquarters. Over-the-phone interview followed by a round table. Was hired shortly thereafter. Simple resume' questions, how you handle leadership, how you handle sales goals and managing young workforce.

Negotiation

None. Offer - acceptance

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Automotive (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Not much in the process it was very informal so much so I took it as a red flag. I went ahead with it anyways and went through the interview and the entire thing was just basic stuff from going over my resume to making sure I can pass a drug test and finally talking about my skills involving mechanical workings. Ultimately if you are looking to get this position and you are worried about your interview you shouldn't be. That being said I can only speak from my personal experience in my area.

Interview Questions

• What is the extent of your mechanical knowledge and are you willing to learn more about it if the job requires it?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heartland Automotive (Irving, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I received a call to schedule a phone interview. Interview lasted about 30 minutes with decision for follow up to be made the next week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you improved processes on the job.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Heartland Automotive (Kansas City, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

Was approached at a local job fair by a District Manager and Regional Manager. Both talked to me and asked me some general questions (employment background, if I had automotive background) and also a few scenario questions (How do you deal with an upset customer, etc.). After about only 5 minutes, they extended an offer to me to be a "Fast Track Manager" and I was asked to meet with the DM at one of the local stores later that afternoon to fill out paperwork, background check and to get a UA done. I negotiated pay before leaving and met with the DM later that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• "How would you handle a situation such as damaging a customer's car if you forgot to put oil in it and turn engage the engine?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

FIGHT FOR A FAIR WAGE! Most Store Managers with Heartland Automotive/Jiffy Lube make a salary around $38,000-$40,000!! I was asking for $47,000 and met them halfway at $43,500. If you can show them you are worth it and can fatten the wallet of the Regional Manager, then they will cave- ESPECIALLY if you have proof to back up your success!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Automotive (Irving, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It went very well; during my first phone interview I explained that I do not want to continue if the process is going to be spread out for months--the hiring manager said it would not be. It's been 45 days since I had that phone interview; and 37 days since my roundtable interview that went quite well...I thought. Today, I asked to withdrawal my candidacy for the role.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Automotive (Irving, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

A long process, but interviewed with other great recruiters and training.; I was also given a tour and shown where I would be working. Senior leadership called me and was very friendly and made an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Behavior base interview questions, mainly about how I recruiter and past experiences.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Heartland Automotive (Irving, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Recruitment is done through a third party recruiting firm. I interviewed with an HR Manager and the Director of HR. The HR Manager was just hired a few days before, so she was very green to the company. The HR Director has only been with the company for 10 months.

The interview went long and I thought it went well. There was a lot of back and forth dialog, but it seemed like I was doing most of the talking. When I would pause or break for any time they wouldn't have too much to say. I asked several questions about the business and was shocked that the Director didn't know turnover. I had to press harder to get a ballpark figure. Everyone's new and it seems like they aren't really sure what direction they are heading.

Interview Questions

• What is your most favorite and least favorite thing about HR?   Answer Question