Heartland Dental Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.6

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Heartland Dental (McKinney, TX).

Interview

Submitted application; a few days later received a rejection email. Two days after that, I got a call from the recruiter. We had a great chat and she set me up with an in-person interview. Went to interview, arrived on time. The manager was 15 min late and insisted I must have misread the appointment time (I double checked and I did not.) None the less, she and I had a great conversation as well. She told me quite a bit about the company and next steps. She told me to come back the following week on Tuesday, to shadow someone currently in the role. A few days after that, I get a rejection email. I call the recruiter to clarify: am I rejected or should I go to job preview on Tuesday? The recruiter apologizes and said she sent the email to the wrong person and that I should go Tuesday. So I went. They had no idea I was coming. They called the manager I met with and she said the recruiter was supposed to get in touch with me. I told her that I did speak with her, and she told me to come. So then she apologies for the confusion, tells me to leave and that she will call me. Guess who never called? It really is completely OK if I am not a good fit, but they were obviously not on the same page and wasted my time. I am grateful that I dodged this bullet! I highly recommend staying away from this place!

Registered Dental Hygienist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, MO

Interview

The recruiter I spoke with was very pleasant. She told me about the company and the days and hours for the office I was applying for. It was very laid back. She asked me some questions and gave me the opportunity to ask questions and then explained the next steps for the interviewing process.

Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Navarre, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heartland Dental (Navarre, FL).

Interview

The place I interviewed had very rude people working in the front, I almost left because I just felt so bad about myself by the way they were treating me. But I'm so glad I didn't. Once I got to the staff they were so professional and nice and really wanted to hear the answers to the questions being asked.

Business Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Dental (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I can't say enough good things about the interview. I was completely at ease and this was the smoothest interviewing process so far I have ever been through. The recruiter, Evan, made me smile literally from onset of the call to the moment we said goodbye. I wanted to work for and be a part of this company within 5 minutes of speaking with Evan.

Interview Questions

• What my job entails, how familiar I was with different insurances, the area I lived in relation to the office?   1 Answer

Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Dental (Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was emailed a week after I applied by a recruiter, who set up a phone interview with me. She asked about me personally, my experience, and future goals. She then ended the conversation by telling me she was forwarding my info to the OM and to expect a call by the next day.

Interview Questions

• 90% of the questions were personality questions. They are big on personality and customer service. I was told skills can be taught by the interviewer. Q: Are you interested in things like continuing education?   1 Answer
    • Are you an asker or a teller?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a time of when you had a confrontation at work with an associate? What happened? Did you resolve it on your own?   1 Answer
    • *Met 2 Dr's during interview* Dr #1 asked me about my schooling, certifications, and knowledge on impression material.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Interview

Interview was done at a job fair. Very prompt and professional. Employees are upbeat and charismatic and responded quickly and knowledgeably to all of my questions about Heartland Dental as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses. Behavioral/situational scenarios.   Answer Question

Registered Dental Hygienist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Heartland Dental in April 2017.

Interview

I have had a phone interview and it went very smoothly. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. I got a call the next day asking to meet in person. I believe that there are different people for the phone screening and in person interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked a few questions about the type of office that I would like to work in and stated the type of company Heartland is and followed up by asking if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Practice Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Dental (Alexandria, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I went through the initial phone screening and did a 30 minute phone interview. After completing the phone interview the recruiter was supposed to schedule an interview for me with the regional director but never did. I contacted the recruiter and it took 4 days for a response just to find out that position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience leading teams and managing personnel?   Answer Question

Associate Dentist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Dental (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is 4 stages: one phone interview, two webcam interviews, and a site visit/interview. The process is very thorough and competitive. I am applying for a position in Texas, and because it is demanding there is a lot of competition.

Dentist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Dental (New Rochelle, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were too many questions unrelated to the job at at hand. Very Exhaustive, Not even lunch. The interview refused to make it conversational but instead wanted to itemize the questions. Even after I answered and tried to make it conversational. He still goes back to say " my next question is". MIND YOU Already answered it during the p previous questions. Definition of " Robotic"

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you so need in an office/colleagues   1 Answer