Heartland Express Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2017

1.5

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heartland Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter for Heartland Express and he was simply impatient and nasty. I'm asking real and tangible questions about what the work environment will be like and the expectations. Not every trucking company is the same. Move on, not worth it.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you willing to be out 3-4 weeks at a time?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Heartland Express

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Express (Chester, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

I will be doing a great service to drivers by not saying. Everything goes extremely smoothly during the hiring/training presentation process. An "Expert Driver" will serve as a your guest, which means he will be with you for about two weeks, to make sure you really know how to drive. Keep in mind that this "guest" will be getting paid about 60% ? of your salary. You will be paid about 40%? I don't know if this has changed since I started working for them, back in l2010.

Interview Questions

• Each and every time a driver is potentially being assigned to a load, the question is: "Can you deliver by this date"? If you say no, this driver will become persona non grata to the operations dept. Such new status will become evident to you, once you realize that immediately after turning down a load, you will be sitting idle for days at a time. If you contact them to ask about your status, they'll tell there is nothing available.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation!!! Take it or leave it!!! Worked for co. for 2.5 years, hopping to move on, after three years.