Heartland Payment Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 154 of over 154 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Heartland Payment Systems

Application

I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems

Interview

Great Human Resources staff. Courteous, friendly and the interview was very conversational. Asked relevant questions about my work history and experience, and, were well informed about the position. Kept in touch throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a campaign that worked well.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in Aug 2021

Interview

You have an interview with a recruiter to make sure that both parties are comfortable moving forward. The Job is very fast-paced and she did a great job in giving the right expectations of how hard it is along with pay structure. You then move forward to the next phase of the interview process where you meet with the hiring sales manager. I decided that wasn't a good fit. so I turned down the next interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

81 Comments

Join the conversation on

Heartland Payment Systems

Application

I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems

Interview

The interview process was ridiculous. I interviewed with three separate people on three separate days, and sent in writing samples. Then they wanted me to do a project and send it to them when I finished. I ended up dropping out at this point because they were offering the same salary I'm making at my current job, which interviewed me once and hired me the next day. My current job has just as much prestige and opportunity, but for some reason Heartland thought they had a right to waste my time. Either hire me or don't, but don't waste my time.

Interview Questions
  • They did not ask anything that crazy. Everything was very general.

Heartland Payment Systems

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems in Jun 2021

Interview

Interviewer never showed up. Upon follow up, they claimed to have missed invite. Asked to schedule another interview the following day, I wasn't available and asked for following week. They never followed up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Heartland Payment Systems

Application

I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems

Interview

I spoke to a wonderful recruiter who paired me up with some Supervisors for a virtual interview. It was well organized, easy to use and everyone I met with was incredibly nice!

Interview Questions
  • How do I deal with stress? What qualities do I bring to the table?

Heartland Payment Systems

Application

I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems

Interview

Not too intense, pretty basic for the most part. Asked what I knew about the company, to tell them a little about myself and why I felt I was fit for that particular position

Interview Questions
  • What I knew about the company. Why I wanted to apply for that position with their company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Seattle, WA) in Feb 2021

Interview

I had a brief conversation with the hiring manager, in which I said no more than 5 sentences. During this hour 'interview', I learned that the way Heartland pays its employees is by no means competitive in today's sales market. Instead, they want you to join with a pre-loaded portfolio of potential clientele and earn on a strict commission basis. You sadly don't even receive your health benefits until 90 days into the position. During this 'interview', I also learned of my hiring manager's political beliefs, which made me feel uncomfortable as personally, we did not align. I was soon offered the job within the interview, as I had demonstrated good listening skills and the hiring manager had taken a 'shine' to my sales style, however, if you're looking for a competitive sales role, with a base salary, this is most certainly not it. In a way, this company really felt like a grown up MLM, that you do not want to be a part of.

Interview Questions
  • What did your research show about Heartland?

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (New Orleans, LA)

Interview

Four steps. First recruiter, followed by manager, ride with a tenured tm and sign your acceptance letter. Virtual training for two weeks and you hit the streets. No traveling other than to your accounts. Everyone was helpful and pleasing. A good experience.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about your current role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Arlington, VA) in Jan 2021

Interview

I'll be honest, this was the first interview I conducted where I felt that the interviewer/hiring manager was belittling and turned me completely away from the position. In addition to my previous sales experience, I am a successful business owner so working hard to create and generate sales is not unfamiliar territory. The hiring manager expressed that he had previous sales experience as well and made the job seem impossible as if he did not want to hire me. Just unprofessional and not what I was expecting at all. I conducted a lot of research and I was well prepared to work for Heartland but I will NOT recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions
  • Are you okay with not having a salary and being 100% commissioned based?
  • Why do you think your previous role would make you a great fit for Heartland?
  • Are you aware that we have no database to provide leads etc.? How do you plan to generate sales?

Heartland Payment Systems

Application

I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems

Interview

Thorough and in depth. Phone interview, in person, then met with regional head. Discussed employment history and answered questions. Asked to pitch previous product. Asked to talk about sales theory and best way to reach customers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 154 Interviews