Heartland Payment Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Heartland Payment Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Heartland Payment Systems

2.3

Interview

Very manageable. Interviewer clearly new what was needed on candidate and asked directed questions towards that. Interview was based on character matching, not experience matching. Felt as though this company understood that experience isn't the end all be all and was willing to listen and understand why you might be successful without experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems.

Interview

Initial recruiter said to contact him for additional information; when contacted he said to go find it on his company's website. Second Recruiter contacted me to apply, said he'd have assistant call to do a screening interview. No call, no follow up, no explanation.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems.

Interview

Quick response. No screen, talked directly to hiring manager. 30 min call and now waiting to find out what the next steps are. Applied directly through LinkedIn and was contacted within the hour for an interview.

Field Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2020.

Interview

phone screen with HR was positive experience , but big problems with hiring manager who no-showed / cancelled 3 scheduled calls, deflected all questions about buyer side drivers, market factors, etc, was condescending suggesting I review website which I had done, only thing they talked about was how wonderful the comp plan was. I declined a second interview as everything I experienced in 1st call with hiring manager confirmed everything I read about weak management, sales practices, support for sales, etc

Interview Questions

• How do they minimize Merchant cost to change payment platform   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable cold calling   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2020.

Interview

Multiple phone calls and webcam interviews along with sales exercises. it was involved and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Heartland has quality people with integrity, they do there due diligence on prospects.

Interview Questions

• Why do you ant to work for heartland?   1 Answer

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Allentown, PA) in March 2020.

Interview

Very thorough with an emphasis on the authentic challenges of the job. Interviewed with many people which revealed a very consistent and strong cultural alignment and brand harmony. Each team member was sincere and volunteering of their struggles and how they overcame them. The company demonstrates they want to be very selective .

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piñon Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Piñon Hills, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Scam. The company is real, but the person interviewing me was not part of the company. I checked the company webb site and there are no jobs listed for data entry. The interviewer didn't use a company email, asked me to cash a check with was a red light for me.

Interview Questions

• For me to cash a check to purchase merchandise from their vendor.   2 Answers

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Knoxville, TN) in November 2019.

Interview

work from home - chatting via google hangouts. Automated responses to my questions with large blocks and text in a copy/paste format. I am sure the company is great, but someone is running a scam. Knew it was a scam and declined

Interview Questions

• to purchase a $300 eBay card to purchase "Toggle", which they said is a time card tracking app   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Fort Wayne, IN) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online, had 2 phones calls with HR personnel, the had 1 interview with Terriority manager, and final interview with a Division manager, the longest being the initial interview and the last one

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in my next job   1 Answer

Payroll Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

The process interviewing at Heartland was good. I applied then one week then the next week I had a phone interview. The recruiter was easy to talk to and straight forward, she asked about my experiences and let me know I was going to be brought in for an in person interview. When I arrived at my interview the recruiter was at the door waiting for me and I found this very refreshing. I then took two assessments one on correct sequences and the other was a math test (basic math). After that I interviewed with two managers who asked about my experiences and they answered my questions regarding the position. I then went back to the recruiters office to do a final assessment for communication. An hour after leaving I got the call back to interview next week with the senior director. I arrived next week to interview and ended up having a great convo about how the center and company is growing and about what I am looking to do now in my career. Nine days later I get a call from the recruiter offering me the position.