Heartland Payment Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was pretty typical. I interviewed with a Division Manager, who seemed to have a pretty clear idea of what he was looking for. He asked all the typical questions, as well as a few oddball questions to get to know personality.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest disappointment in life and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Norfolk, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and received a call the next day from a hiring manager. We talked casually for about 30-45 minutes, told me about the position and salary (100% commission), asked about my job history, etc. - told me if I was interested, he would send me an email assessment and get me on board in the next week. During the interview he claimed people were making not 100k, like other companies will tell you, but $200-$300k a year. That's a little outlandish if you ask me. But I am a young graduate and can't depend on commission only, that's a little scary. I didn't even both with the email assessment.

Interview Questions

• None really - the standard questions: how would you close a lead, name a time you overcame negativity in the workplace, etc.   Answer Question

100% commission is unpredictable.

Associate Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

First was a phone screening with the recruiter which went well, took about 20 minutes asking basic questions like what are my skills and talking about the company. The lady was really sweet and kind. Next was an in-person interview with 2 people, the hiring manager and an executive. The hiring manager was really kind and easy-going. I would say the executive was very business and really uptight, it almost felt uncomfortable. However, I would say the overall interview for both went well.

After 2 weeks have gone by and I have not heard anything, I sent an email asking about when their decision will be made, received nothing back. I understand you're a big company and you may have a lot of things going on but at least have the decency to send a "thank you for applying, however we have decided to move forward with a different candidate."

Note to self, in any business, don't leave people hanging, you'll hurt yourself more.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What was the most challenging project you've worked on? Do you enjoy creating apps? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process varies depending on the department. My personal experience was that the interview was fairly easy and generic. I had one interview with two individuals, and I received a job offer shortly thereafter. We basically just reviewed my resume and discussed my experience. There were no difficult or unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• We just reviewed my resume, and discussed the job and my past experience.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Auburn, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with two different managers before given opportunity for a face to face interview. Interviewing manager asked questions off a loose script. Was direct and professional other than face to face being held in a famous coffee shop and him being very late.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to sell other services to existing customers and do you see sales or service as the primary goal for this position?   2 Answers

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interview process, first one was a phone interview that lasted about an hour. The second interview was in person and last four hours. Interview included a tour of the building and being interviewed by two managers individually. The last hour of the interview they put me in a room and gave me a production problem and asked me to figure out what the issue was, how to solve it, and what you would do. Very interesting setup for the interview. Since it was the end of the year, the process took several months because HR did not give the hiring manager approval to move forward after the second interview. Once the new year started the hiring manager told the headhunter they decided to not move forward with filling the role.

Interview Questions

• Many questions around project management process and documentation   1 Answer

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a basic interview with two different people. Asked standard questions. Only thing to really focus on is if/when they ask you for your 15 second sales pitch about yourself.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Princeton, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Full day, on-site meeting with 6 different managers. This organization is clearly very interested in both employee success and customer success. Seemed like a very open, candid, and caring culture. The interview process was aimed at maintaining high standards and good cultural fit. I was very impressed with the quality of people with whom I met.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of how you are committed to customer success   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview equivalent of the spartan race only to be disappointed at the end. For once, I agree with the bandwagon in saying shame on heartland. spent 15 mins w a phone screen-er, and then an hr impressing a recruiter who scheduled me for an interview with his boss. We met in the Marriott lobby and stayed in the lobby. yes that's right we interviewed in the lobby in public. I'm all for unique interviewing but it came off as if they were trying to big time me with the Marriott(ffs) and then falling flat. I interviewed for 2HRS & 45MINS before I stopped her and let her know it wasn't going to work for me. She took the rejection pretty badly and countered with, "but im making 3 times as much as my previous job" to which I said "good for you".. and then an awkward silence while she fumbled and dropped some paperwork to show my why i should take the job.

I'm sorry but if you want direct control over me and my work, and ownership of any inventions, and complete just ownership of me by locking me down as a W2, there better be a salary base.

THIS IS an independent contractor position but heartland is trying to double dip.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

responded to linkedin posting. got a call and spent most of the call hearing how wonderful they are. even as a hiring manager it's 100% commission from day one with no defined territory ie everyone for themselves. Must go through a lot of people!

Interview Questions

• How much is your current base   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Nashville, TN) in May 2009.

Interview

Extensive, thorough, and pleasurable. The initial contact is with the company recruiter, then if asked to proceed you will have a test with no wrong or right answers it's to see what type of sales person/person you are and if you will fit the position. Next is the one on one, it will be very casual in setting. Be prepared to do most of the talking, key points what you are looking for past experiences and why you would choose them.

Interview Questions

• What about the company was attractive and why would I want to work for the company, they aren't looking for general answers you must get down to the nuts and bolts.   Answer Question
    • What drives you   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations allowed for sales.