Heartland Payment Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Heartland Payment Systems Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems.

Interview

I showed up early and waited to meet with the Heartland Rep. The Heartland Rep was very sweet, fun and exciting. The interview turned into a normal conversation where smiles were had, laughs were shared and I felt like I knew the interviewer my whole life.

Interview Questions

• How would I respond to or handle an angry/unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems.

Interview

I turned down the position when I found it was commission only outside sales. The hiring agent replied in a passive aggressive manor implying I wasn't ready for this kind of job but I would come back. I responded in a similar tone. She then decided to call me unsolicited (I had not given her my phone number) to berate me and tell me I was wrong about this company.

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Fiasco. Recruiter scheduleda phone interview said she would pass me to VP for face to face. VP messages me on LinkedIn saying he's no longer with the company good luck. A month goes by they get a new VP who wants to schedule an interview. Met for the interview and afterwards saying he wants to offer me a position for territory manager because that's usually how heartland works. So why keep me for 2 hours on such an intense interview if you knew that was the plan?

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Albany, NY).

Interview

It was basically a series of overtures to me about what a great fit the job would be for me. The major emphasis was on Heartlands over exaggerated projections of possible earnings which only a very small fraction of their many hires are able to achieve. Both my managers were struggling to make their own sales let alone having time to give me any help and both were demoted from their manager roles.

Interview Questions

• I should have recognized the job was one not many people wanted when there were very few interview type questions asked. It was pretty much a skillful courting of me to take the position which I had major concerns about that I should have recognized as being valid.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Very well, straight forward. Complete Transparency, commission structure only. Was interviewed by DM. Have to atleast have 2 months of savings before starting. Great benefits and perks. Should have established relationships if any

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Brief introduction and greetings then led to a few questions and a presentation about the company. Followed up by answering my questions. Very professional interview and felt completely at ease throughout the entire process.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

responded to linkedin posting. got a call and spent most of the call hearing how wonderful they are. even as a hiring manager it's 100% commission from day one with no defined territory ie everyone for themselves. Must go through a lot of people!

Interview Questions

• How much is your current base   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Phila, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via email by a division manager based on posted resume. At the outset, prior to setting a call, I made it clear that I wasn't interested in a commission only/1099 type position to which he said it wasn't. I also indicated what my 1st years income expectations were.

The Manager started interview off with his last 15 years work history and how he got to Heartland. He then proceeded to say that their Heartland was the leader in its space (I would hope he would believe it).

Interview Questions

• I ended the interview early once I decided it wasn't the right position for my needs.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems in March 2017.

Interview

The process was too difficult. I caused it to take longer than normal candidates. There was a recruiter that posted on LinkedIn. I notified them I was interested. They called. Then a hiring person.

Interview Questions

• Could you make 30-50 face to face prospecting calls a day?   Answer Question

Associate Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

First was a phone screening with the recruiter which went well, took about 20 minutes asking basic questions like what are my skills and talking about the company. The lady was really sweet and kind. Next was an in-person interview with 2 people, the hiring manager and an executive. The hiring manager was really kind and easy-going. I would say the executive was very business and really uptight, it almost felt uncomfortable. However, I would say the overall interview for both went well.

After 2 weeks have gone by and I have not heard anything, I sent an email asking about when their decision will be made, received nothing back. I understand you're a big company and you may have a lot of things going on but at least have the decency to send a "thank you for applying, however we have decided to move forward with a different candidate."

Note to self, in any business, don't leave people hanging, you'll hurt yourself more.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What was the most challenging project you've worked on? Do you enjoy creating apps? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question