Heartland Payment Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.3

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

First a Phone screen, then a 1st interview/ math test. If you get passed along the there is a 2nd interview/ job shadowing. Over all it was a smooth process and everyone was nice

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was pretty typical. I interviewed with a Division Manager, who seemed to have a pretty clear idea of what he was looking for. He asked all the typical questions, as well as a few oddball questions to get to know personality.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest disappointment in life and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems in December 2017.

Interview

I was approached on LinkedIn as a general rule, even if I’m not looking, I will talk to anyone. I was not impressed by this sales role or the recruiting method. I had a phone call with their internal recruiter and it sounded more like a multilevel Marketing pitch than a “job interview”

The poor recruiter couldn’t answer any questions about the product.

The position was 100% commission - no expenses, no base - I ended the conversation immediately after hearing that. I have been in sales for over a decade.

What else I learned:

Recruiter was unable to give me a range of expected compensation.

There is no protected territory.

Had no idea the amount of sales reps in the area .

No account base to start with.

No marketing or lead generation.

Again all with $0 base.

Was told it was W2 with benefits.

I really feel bad for the recruiter it was like she was reading from a script...

Outside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Face to face meeting in temporary office space. I used the business cards of my previous employment history to tell the story of my success. He really liked this different approach instead of just reciting my resume.

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Jeffersonville, IN).

Interview

Very lengthy and interrogative. Numerous management were there. It was almost intimidating but they at one time were looking for the best of the best. Now its just who will work the night shift.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online for a couple different positions that fit my background. Received a call from their recruiter within a few days of applying. Had a brief but productive convo with her. She'd indicated that she was 'very excited' about sharing my resume with the hiring manager for one particular department. After hearing more detail about the role, I agreed that it was the best position based on my experience. The very next day I received an email from the hiring manager to schedule an interview. This was a phone interview since the manager was based in another city.

The hope/confidence I had for this interview was quickly deflated once I spoke with the hiring manager. Absolutely no engagement during the convo. Literally felt like she was just going through the motions and that she already discounted me. Most of the questions seemed personality based with very little substance or context to the actual role or my past experience.

Overall I feel the manager was checked out and not interested from the start. Convo felt awkward and uncomfortable at times. This was the only interview I've ever been on in my career where I instantly knew it did not go well.

Very next day, I received an automated email saying I wasn't selected. Because I need a job and there were other positions open in different areas, I decided to reach back out to the recruiter. Not a single peep back. Extremely unprofessional.

I'm completely aware of what my skill sets are (or are not) and also attentive to situations where my contributions were subpar. I truly feel that in this situation it was really poorly handled on their side.

Worst interview of my life.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems.

Interview

I showed up early and waited to meet with the Heartland Rep. The Heartland Rep was very sweet, fun and exciting. The interview turned into a normal conversation where smiles were had, laughs were shared and I felt like I knew the interviewer my whole life.

Interview Questions

• How would I respond to or handle an angry/unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Birmingham, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted a little over an hour which was nice. The lady was super sweet and seemed to be very interested in me. After it was done, I was told I qualified for another interview. I told her the day & time I was available & all was said and done. I was told I'd be getting an email with a confirmation of our date and time, along with the address. (The company is recently switching from Payroll 1, which I did not know.) I never received an email. Thankfully, I have a friend that works there. She ended up giving me the address, since the HR rep was off for the rest of the week after we had our phone interview. I had my second interview, and I wasn't asked a single question. I was told the job description and names of people I hadn't met yet. At the end of this interview, I was told that I would have another TWO interviews. (I am a teacher, meaning I can't just leave early. I have to find a sub.) I was supposed to receive an email 1-2 days after the interview, I didn't get one until 4 days after (on Thursday). Then when I was asked what day I wanted to come in, I was told it had to be next week. I then said that it would be putting my current position in jeopardy, having to do two more interviews. She then said they would be able to fit my last two interviews into one day. I then said that I could do it on Friday of the following week. She scheduled me for the day after we talked instead of for the following week. I was very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking to make?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Outstanding and thorough process . Was a dialog and I got all of my questions answered and we discussed next steps. Follow up from the hiring manager was the same day. We made plans to meet.

Interview Questions

• After giving history of company and all details of the position asked how interested I was and allowed me to ask all of my questions.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Tempe, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews following online apolication, one with company recruiter and one with hiring manager. Then face to face/webcam group interview with hiring manager and peers at local office.

Interview Questions

• What would someone who didn't like you say was your best quality?   Answer Question