Heartland Payment Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Heartland Payment Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Heartland Payment Systems

2.3

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems.

Interview

I was emailed by one of their Division Managers about an opportunity. After looking into it and seeing it was a 100% commission outside sales job I responded thanking her for her interest but I wasn't interested in commission only positions. She responded with a passive aggressive and condescending message implying I wasn't mature enough for this kind of position and that I would be back asking her for this job in a few years. I responded back in kind and she thought it appropriate to begin calling me several times and harassing me on the phone are all hours. It took multiple conversations to get her to leave me alone.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Savannah, GA) in October 2018.

Interview

I received a call and was scheduled to have a phone interview shortly after. They were extremely nice and helpful with the process. The interview questions were very direct and they also asked me to come prepared with my own questions which they were able to answer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Paige was very professional and she described the role and company down to every detail. She also explained the entire hiring process as well as the role’s inter workings. She answered any questions I had thoroughly and gave me a examples as well.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason for leaving my current employment.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems.

Interview

Easy process, not-so-great role or company investment or support.
    No base salary, 100% commission (structure omitted), all outside sales working remotely, no territory, no car or phone allowance, no leads. Pure hunter giving back more than your fair share to the company.
    Basically unpaid door to door sales in the overly saturated payment processing industry. Not for the weak, nor wise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Norfolk, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and received a call the next day from a hiring manager. We talked casually for about 30-45 minutes, told me about the position and salary (100% commission), asked about my job history, etc. - told me if I was interested, he would send me an email assessment and get me on board in the next week. During the interview he claimed people were making not 100k, like other companies will tell you, but $200-$300k a year. That's a little outlandish if you ask me. But I am a young graduate and can't depend on commission only, that's a little scary. I didn't even both with the email assessment.

Interview Questions

• None really - the standard questions: how would you close a lead, name a time you overcame negativity in the workplace, etc.   Answer Question

100% commission is unpredictable.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems.

Interview

Applied online. Took about a week and I was contacted for a phone interview. I went through a 45 minute phone interview and was offered an in person interview which was around an hour and a half long.

Interview Questions

• They went over my resume very thoroughly and asked me to explain and give examples of almost every skill listed.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process varies depending on the department. My personal experience was that the interview was fairly easy and generic. I had one interview with two individuals, and I received a job offer shortly thereafter. We basically just reviewed my resume and discussed my experience. There were no difficult or unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• We just reviewed my resume, and discussed the job and my past experience.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Initial phone conversation was used to screen, followed by an in person meeting within a week. In person meeting was with the hiring regional manager who provided a lot of information about the company and what the job entailed.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Auburn, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with two different managers before given opportunity for a face to face interview. Interviewing manager asked questions off a loose script. Was direct and professional other than face to face being held in a famous coffee shop and him being very late.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to sell other services to existing customers and do you see sales or service as the primary goal for this position?   2 Answers

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interview process, first one was a phone interview that lasted about an hour. The second interview was in person and last four hours. Interview included a tour of the building and being interviewed by two managers individually. The last hour of the interview they put me in a room and gave me a production problem and asked me to figure out what the issue was, how to solve it, and what you would do. Very interesting setup for the interview. Since it was the end of the year, the process took several months because HR did not give the hiring manager approval to move forward after the second interview. Once the new year started the hiring manager told the headhunter they decided to not move forward with filling the role.

Interview Questions

• Many questions around project management process and documentation   1 Answer