Heartland Payment Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2018

2.3

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

My initial interview lasted 15 min where I abruptly ended it. This is a 100% commission role. The interviewer was nice enough but I had to pry information out of her to confirm there was no base salary. Technology jobs are way too plentiful to settle for something like that. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere, don't settle for 100% commission.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems.

Interview

I was emailed by one of their Division Managers about an opportunity. After looking into it and seeing it was a 100% commission outside sales job I responded thanking her for her interest but I wasn't interested in commission only positions. She responded with a passive aggressive and condescending message implying I wasn't mature enough for this kind of position and that I would be back asking her for this job in a few years. I responded back in kind and she thought it appropriate to begin calling me several times and harassing me on the phone are all hours. It took multiple conversations to get her to leave me alone.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems.

Interview

Easy process, not-so-great role or company investment or support.
    No base salary, 100% commission (structure omitted), all outside sales working remotely, no territory, no car or phone allowance, no leads. Pure hunter giving back more than your fair share to the company.
    Basically unpaid door to door sales in the overly saturated payment processing industry. Not for the weak, nor wise.

Division Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Remote, OR) in March 2018.

Interview

Two 30 minute conversations with recruiters asking me to walk through my resume, then one and a hours with VP. Most questions involved my background, skills set with hiring and much of the conversation was explaining how the compensation package works due to commission only..

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Portland, OR) in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiter does first Interview, then they hand you off to a hiring VP. The VP was not prepared and wasn’t reading from the right resume. I felt it was a waste of my time.

Credit Approval Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Jeffersonville, IN) in February 2018.

Interview

The entire process was very relaxed. I received a pre-screen, phone interview and learned about the company. Afterward, I met with the department heads and we had a casual conversation.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

First a Phone screen, then a 1st interview/ math test. If you get passed along the there is a 2nd interview/ job shadowing. Over all it was a smooth process and everyone was nice

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was pretty typical. I interviewed with a Division Manager, who seemed to have a pretty clear idea of what he was looking for. He asked all the typical questions, as well as a few oddball questions to get to know personality.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest disappointment in life and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Face to face meeting in temporary office space. I used the business cards of my previous employment history to tell the story of my success. He really liked this different approach instead of just reciting my resume.

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Payment Systems (Jeffersonville, IN).

Interview

Very lengthy and interrogative. Numerous management were there. It was almost intimidating but they at one time were looking for the best of the best. Now its just who will work the night shift.