Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society

Program Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and very quickly received a reply from HR, who wanted to talk very soon. After the phone screening they immediately set up an in person with the hiring manager, all involved clearly wanting the process to move with expediency. The interview was more like a conversation, which I enjoyed and from which I received encouraging feedback. I was bluntly (and seemingly honestly) told a specific time when I'd hear back and when that time came, nothing. I followed up inquiring about a revised timeline, and nothing. I understand that people are busy, but at the end of the day it's exceedingly rude to "ghost" when candidates are invested in the process and the organization. I think they do great work and those I spoke with were very pleasant, but I'd hesitate to get involved in any other capacity or spread the word about the organization given the trajectory of the interview process and how nobody could be bothered to simply follow up.

Policy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (New York, NY).

Interview

Very frustrating experience. In the middle of fall, I drove down for an in person interview that I thought went okay, at least. (Very friendly and conversational tone, questions about my experience, etc. but nothing difficult). They told me I should hear within a month.

And then...nothing.

After 2 months, it was around New Years, so I sent them a very polite email to wish them a Happy New Year and to let them know that I was still interested in the position. Its been 3 months since the email and I still haven't heard a word from them.

It's frustrating, but understandable when organizations don't respond to cover letter letters/resumes. But to bring someone in for an interview and then to not even bother with the courtesy of telling them they didn't get the job? That's just rude.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (Silver Spring, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Three interviews all by phone. The focus was on my technical understanding more than any thing else. All calls were lively and questions pointed. I was not expecting the third interview as it was not mentioned as a next step. I felt they were not exactly sure what they we looking for.