HeidelbergCement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.5

IT Project Manager - II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HeidelbergCement (Irving, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail three months later asking if I am interested in a phone screening. In the initial e-mail they mentioned I was overqualified for the position and it was not a senior level job. Either way - I had a phone screening with the Sr. Recruiter which lasted 30 minutes. He asked me regular Project Management questions and gave me the salary info and about the company. Within the same day he set up an interview with the Hiring Manager. I had a 30 minutes phone conversation with her who asked regular PM questions. I have been doing PM job for 10+ years (including 7+ years with Fortune 1) I answered all the questions with as much details as possible. The next day I got a call from a Recruiting Coordinate who set up an onsite interview.
    The onsite interviewers name and positions were sent to me in advance.

At the onsite interview I spent one hour with the Hiring Manager (non - technical and not a PM) who told me about the company, told me about their process and asked regular PM questions. I mentioned some fundamental mistakes they are making with their process and told her I will be able to help her fix those. I told her - I will not sugar code things, and I am a straight shooter.

I spend the next hour with 4 employees (to be the peers) for an hour. Couple of them were PM Level I and I was interviewing for Level II. They attacked me like a bunch of dogs like I was a piece of meat. I answered all the questions with utmost respect and with examples of the projects. They all were trying to show each other that they were smarter than me and each other by outdoing each other with questions. I I showed them my portfolio of 15+ certificates, Systems Engineering Degree, MBA degree and so on. I thought that it was a conflict of interest for two employees that were at Level I to conduct my interview as they seemed to be interested in taking on the Level II position themselves. Anyhow - they tried to trip me with questions

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose one phase of the project to be most important, which phase would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HeidelbergCement (Athens (Greece)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a nice experience . I had the chance to present myself and my accomplishments. The HR Director and CEO they were very friendly with me and showed me that count on me.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe is a leader?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leuven (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HeidelbergCement (Leuven (Belgium)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied via homepage online, and got a phone call interview with the head of the performance management team, and the interview last for around 45min, I got a brief introduction of the company, team and project, then I was asked a lot of questions based on my experiences. Then after 3-4 days got an offer for the internship

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What do you know about Aggregates?   Answer Question

HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HeidelbergCement (Bucharest (Romania)) in March 2016.

Interview

1 interview, followed by an assessment center.
    Interview was skill and profile based. Assessment was related to a set of competencies.
    There were 2 people at the interview. Assessment was organised with an external consultant

Financial Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HeidelbergCement in April 2015.

Interview

I had 2 phone calls and 2 face two face interviews for the Trading company of Heidelberg Cement. In the mean time I took a day of from my current job and took English and personality test. The interviews were relaxed and easy. After last interview with the CFO, he told me that the proposal will be sent to me on the coming week. Hearing from the CFO made me think it was a certain think. Yet somehow I didn't receive any proposal or explanation why I didn't receive. Suddenly I see a job post by the company for the position that I applied and technically accepted for. I emailed my interviewer to ask any explanation or a feedback, didn't receive any comment but we informed the recruitment agency (which they didn't).

So all in all I'm glad I didn't join this unprofessional environment.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HeidelbergCement (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied through my University and several weeks after submission, I was contacted by phone by the manager of sales and marketing asking me if I could come to their site for an interview the next morning. The interview was with the manager of sales and marketing and the manager of engineering. The interview was very easy, with them just going over my resume and asking questions. I was then shown around and met the current intern who they told me to talk to for a few minutes. The intern was generally unresponsive, but when I was able to get a sentence out of him, he said he was generally uninterested in the job because he was simply reproducing 2D AutoCAD sketches for months. I was then given a tour of the facility and by now I was fairly sure I was going to get an offer.

Interview Questions

I went into this interview knowing that they only had two intern positions for this year and they already had verbally given job offers to two of my friends. They promptly sent the email offer to one of my friends who accepted, but they held off on sending the more official email offer to the other. They instead sent the second email offer to myself a few days after my interview. I was disgusted with the company and declined the offer.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HeidelbergCement in June 2010.

Interview

2 Interviews
    - one with the HR Director and the recruitment specialist - I was asked about my experience (basically I explained my CV)

- and one with the General Manager - he didn't seem interested in my professional experience

Interview Questions

• I refused to answer a lot of questions about my personal life - the GM asked me if my husband / boyfriend is a nice guy and if he physically abuses me if I must do overtime.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations in this company. they just offered something lower than I asked.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braine-l'Alleud (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HeidelbergCement (Braine-l'Alleud (Belgium)) in May 2017.

Interview

L'entretien s'est déroulé avec le manager du service en question et la RH. Après l'explication de la fonction et de la société, des questions personnelles par rapport à mon parcours et expérience m'ont été posé. Questions en néerlandais aussi.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HeidelbergCement (Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

Es nahmen zwei Führungskräfte sowie eine HR Business Partnerin teil. Das Gespräch war ganz traditionell aufgebaut (Vorstellung der Teilnehmer, Erläuterungen zum Lebenslauf, Fragen zur Rolle und zur Firma meinerseits, Fragen zu persönlichen Stärken und Schwächen sowie Erwartungen). Die Atmosphäre war korrekt, etwas pushy am Anfang, danach freundlich.

Interview Questions

• Was ist Ihnen an einem Job wichtig, um dort gut und motiviert zu arbeiten?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HeidelbergCement in September 2016.

Interview

Ponctuel et focused
    Échange animé par le futur n+1 et le partenaire RH.

Échange très constructif couvrant aussi bien les aspects techniques du piste que les aspects plus personnels sur l'installation à Heidelberg.

Interview Questions

• êtes vous prêt à venir vous installer à Heidelberg.   Answer Question

Le niveau de rémunération n'était pas au niveau de mon attente.