HeidelbergCement IT Project Manager - II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

IT Project Manager - II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HeidelbergCement (Irving, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail three months later asking if I am interested in a phone screening. In the initial e-mail they mentioned I was overqualified for the position and it was not a senior level job. Either way - I had a phone screening with the Sr. Recruiter which lasted 30 minutes. He asked me regular Project Management questions and gave me the salary info and about the company. Within the same day he set up an interview with the Hiring Manager. I had a 30 minutes phone conversation with her who asked regular PM questions. I have been doing PM job for 10+ years (including 7+ years with Fortune 1) I answered all the questions with as much details as possible. The next day I got a call from a Recruiting Coordinate who set up an onsite interview.
The onsite interviewers name and positions were sent to me in advance.

At the onsite interview I spent one hour with the Hiring Manager (non - technical and not a PM) who told me about the company, told me about their process and asked regular PM questions. I mentioned some fundamental mistakes they are making with their process and told her I will be able to help her fix those. I told her - I will not sugar code things, and I am a straight shooter.

I spend the next hour with 4 employees (to be the peers) for an hour. Couple of them were PM Level I and I was interviewing for Level II. They attacked me like a bunch of dogs like I was a piece of meat. I answered all the questions with utmost respect and with examples of the projects. They all were trying to show each other that they were smarter than me and each other by outdoing each other with questions. I I showed them my portfolio of 15+ certificates, Systems Engineering Degree, MBA degree and so on. I thought that it was a conflict of interest for two employees that were at Level I to conduct my interview as they seemed to be interested in taking on the Level II position themselves. Anyhow - they tried to trip me with questions

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose one phase of the project to be most important, which phase would it be?   Answer Question