Hein & Associates Audit Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Probably the most laid back interview process ever. Started off the day with three 30 min interviews with various staff members. No one asked any difficult accounting questions (what a relief) they just wanted to get to know you and your personality so they could assess if you would be a fit for the company. After the first three interviews the other candidates and I were taken out to lunch at the Houston room which was pretty superb. After lunch I had one last interview with the Senior Manager. Went exceptionally well. After the interviews were done I was told I would hear from them in about a week on whether I got the job or not. Exactly one week later I got the call and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About Yourself. (Yes that was the hardest question)   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Other Interview Reviews for Hein & Associates

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Houston, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Panel interview that consisted of 6 rounds of 1:1 interviews with all levels of the company (staff, senior, supervisor, manager, senior manager, and partner interviews) with part of the interview taking place during lunch. Panel interviews lasted approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour per person. Panels are very personable and friendly, didn't ask any tricky or weird questions. The questions were more about trying to get a feel for me as a person to see if I would be a good fit for the company as a whole. Asked questions about my education, past work experience, and personnel life questions (non-intrusive).

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Hein?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since I was interviewing for an internship with no past experience in public accounting. If you have experience in the field, you will probably have more room and options for negotiations. Compensation was very generous for my level of experience and being fresh out of school.