Helen of Troy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 50 of over 50 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Helen of Troy

Application

I interviewed at Helen of Troy

Interview

I had Fantastic conversations with leadership. I Did not end up getting the job but I felt respected throughout the application process. Whomever they picked is in for a great role for a great company.

Interview Questions
  • Experience with designing for connected apps
    Answer Question

Helen of Troy

Application

I interviewed at Helen of Troy

Interview

For an internship position : Makes you feel at ease, no complex structures. You have to talk about yourself - Internships mean no experience required! It is normal not to have one!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Helen of Troy

Application

I interviewed at Helen of Troy

Interview

The questions are pretty general, the senior designers and creative director are very kind and friendly. They like to hear your skill, experience, future goal, and expectations for your position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Helen of Troy

Application

I interviewed at Helen of Troy

Interview

The interview process itself went great, it was just the weeks following the interview that was a negative experience. At the end of my interview, I was told I would hear back within the next two weeks. After three weeks passed without hearing back, I emailed the recruiter asking if there had been any updates. She told me that they were still interviewing people until the next week and that I would hear back after that, while also spelling my name wrong. I decided to keep waiting to hear back and today (6 weeks after my interview), I got an email saying that they had decided to just cancel the position for the summer. I believe that this experience, other than the hiring manager, was very unprofessional and I would expect more from a big company like Helen of Troy. Even though you may just see students as potential interns, they put a lot of effort into prepping for these interviews, and not getting an adequate or professional response is very disappointing.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Helen of Troy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helen of Troy in Apr 2021

Interview

Really great team, super reactive, multiple steps of interviews. First a call with HR, then a technical video call with the direct manager, 2 other interviews with other managers from the team, 1 video call interview with HR and a last interview panel.

Interview Questions
  • challenges, why Helen of troy, why you, present yourself, technical knowledge...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Interviewed at OXO NYC . First round hiring manager, Second round super day with team and engineering. Third round case study. Honestly loved the team, but people in charge of recruiting is from corp Helen of Troy. Communication is terrible because of that. (the communication between HR and hiring manager was super slow). Made it to the last round and HR told me position is on hold, then a week later said its canceled permanently. I am guessing there was another candidate they selected and wanted to keep me waiting. Little bit dishonest response I suppose.

Interview Questions
  • Asked very detailed questions about experiences.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

3 round of Phone screen interview. my supervision , 3 teammate and engineering. Overall background and work environment. 1 hour each. Friendly agenda and settings. I came prepare with questions and own agenda

Helen of Troy

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Helen of Troy

Interview

The interview process consisted of a "pre-recorded" interview, where you'd be shown the questions and had 2 minutes to state your answer. After the first interview, I was invited to speak with 2 members of the team I was applying to. Both interviews consisted of behavioral questions and "walk me through your resume."

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself and how your past experiences relate to this internship?
  • What words would your professor/manager use to describe you?
  • Describe a project that you worked on and explain how it relates back to this internship?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Very misleading and a waste of time. Job was listed as a remote position based in Los Angeles. After enduring 6 separate interviews and the promise of an offer, I was informed that the job was no longer remote, or in Los Angeles, and I would have to relocate to Irvine and work in the office. I said I was not comfortable with that and HR got back to me saying they had made an exception and I could do the job remotely. Then, I was contacted by my prospective boss who said, that was incorrect, and I was asked to commit to uprooting my life to relocate to Irvine before an offer was even made. This request was made on the phone, and I was really put on the spot. This felt very manipulative. When the offer was finally presented weeks later, it was over the phone, not in writing, and was very lowball. Again, I felt put on the spot and I felt I wasted a lot of time and energy on a job that was falsely advertised as remote. I passed on the offer. I will say that HR and the team I would have worked with were all very nice people, but this company has been around for 50+ years and should not behave like a startup, switching directions and ping ponging back and forth on the job location. Also, to make lowball offers to seasoned candidates when the company is clearly doing well and is not a startup, is just insulting.

Interview Questions
  • You have two choices. One, to commute (to a location that is close to 2 hours away in traffic) or to relocate. Are you okay with that?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (New Brunswick, NJ) in Mar 2021

Interview

The process involved four 30 minute conversations via webcam and each was about either the job itself or a cultural fit. Different team members at different levels asked questions and allowed time for you to ask questions in return.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Helen of Troy

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Helen of Troy

Interview

The team was amazing and pleasant to meet, until the last round (3rd interview round). After interviewing with the hiring manager, and then five individual team members, I was called back for a final presentation with the team. They asked for a 7-10 slide deck with social strategy recommendations. Ended up making it to their top choices it seemed like but ultimately didn’t get selected for the role. Worst part was I’m seeing my suggestions from my presentation already implemented in their social media content so in hindsight it felt like an idea grab in the end. Also, there was never a discussion of salary, and the recruiter was all over the place (calling me by the wrong name, etc). Companies like the ones under Helen of Troy need to stop asking for free work during an interview process. Interviews collectively took 2 months and a total of 12 hours to complete.

Interview Questions
  • If this job didn’t exist, what would you say is your dream job?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Interviews