KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Helen of Troy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 61 of over 61 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Helen of Troy

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Helen of Troy in Aug 2021

Interview

Interview process could not have been better. 3 video interviews, great follow-up and communication after each. Very quick to reply to follow-up questions. Happy to say I was extended an offer and so happy I accepted! Great company with wonderful people!

Interview Questions
  • Standard tell us about your work experience, how to establish KPIs to be successful in role.
    Answer Question

Helen of Troy

Application

I interviewed at Helen of Troy

Interview

Video response interview and then a panel interview. They asked questions about my background and experience. I answered and that was it. Nothing too hard. However, it does make you feel like you are in the hot seat with 3 interviews asking question at once

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Helen of Troy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helen of Troy

Interview

The interview process went well until I met with the General Counsel. Based on the job description that was put out there and the other employers that I met with, the GC was not on the same page and had an entirely different perspective on the role and type of candidate they were looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Helen of Troy

Application

I interviewed at Helen of Troy in Feb 2022

Interview

Applied online, heard back two days later and was asked to complete a HireVue. Heard back a week later that they weren't moving me forward. Overall very swift and straight forward

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a little about you Tell us why you think you'd be a good fit for this role
3 people found this interview helpful

Helen of Troy

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy in Oct 2021

Interview

The interview process was quick and friendly. I was asked to submit a video interview through HireVue. This was my first time using it and it was simple. After that I was asked to do an interview with the hiring manager. Was then pushed on the Director of Talent Acquisition and the Chief People Officer.

Interview Questions
  • Walks us through you current hiring process from application to offer.

Helen of Troy

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy

Interview

I have mixed feelings, because the people with whom I would have worked were absolutely delightful, but the overall experience was depressing. I was contacted by HR literally 5 months after I applied. I was told they’d gone through the full hiring process with other candidates who didn’t work out, and OH how I wish I’d read these interview reviews earlier, because I’m pretty certain both of the previous copywriter candidates left reviews below that would have been helpful. HR was…fine, but throughout the process she seemed disorganized, was not aware of which of the 6 required interviews I’d completed, and where we even were in the process. I ultimately received a verbal offer from the hiring manager after interviewing with the team (which was AWESOME) and I was beyond ecstatic. HR called to discuss salary and we agreed upon a number—one we’d agreed to on multiple previous occasions throughout the month-long process. When I received the written offer a few days later, it listed an out-of-nowhere lowball salary 15k off the number we had agreed to. At least, I think it did, because before she sent it to me she said it was company policy to read it aloud via phone. When she read the salary portion, she paused—clearly to hear my reaction. When I told her this was not what we’d agreed to, she told me there was a signing bonus (which is just a 1-time boost) + other bonuses (based on company performance and not guaranteed) available, and that the company was expanding quickly so if I got promoted, I might be closer to the agreed-upon salary. Huh? That’s not how it works. I don’t live in Texas where the company is headquartered; I live in California and the salary offered was not enough to even scrape by here, so I declined it. Like other candidates below, it was also initially implied that there was some opportunity for remote work, though it turns out it’s a 100% in-office position in Irvine. I feel misled and manipulated, and I don’t understand what they get out of stringing candidates along. It’s weird. I also wasted 2 vacation days to complete their interviews. All in all, this entire endeavor was for nothing and left me with a negative view of the company.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Helen of Troy

Application

I interviewed at Helen of Troy

Interview

For an internship position : Makes you feel at ease, no complex structures. You have to talk about yourself - Internships mean no experience required! It is normal not to have one!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (Memphis, TN) in Sep 2021

Interview

Initial interview was a virtual recorded one. 2nd was an interview with the hiring manager. It’s very frustrating when you’re being told that you would be a great fit for the position and had a great interview only to receive a denial nearly three weeks later. Please be upfront with interviewees and don’t give false hope. This is extremely frustrating and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to work with multiple departments to solve a problem
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process was handled in a very professional manner. After the initial screening with HR I was set up to do a digital interview where I was recorded on video answering questions presented. Each person with which I interviewed asked pertinent questions, were engaging and present.

Interview Questions
  • Situational questions to understand my experience in dealing with difficult projects and encounters with others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Helen of Troy (Dallas, TX)

Interview

The questions are pretty general, the senior designers and creative director are very kind and friendly. They like to hear your skill, experience, future goal, and expectations for your position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Interviews

Helen of Troy Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Helen of Troy as 55.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.89 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Helen of Troy takes an average of 31 days when considering 59 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Associate Account Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Marketing Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Helen of Troy according to 59 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 21.55%

Work at Helen of Troy? Share Your Experiences

Helen of Troy logo

Helen of Troy Careers

Cover image for Helen of Troy

Elevating Lives Together, we create innovative and useful products for the everyday life. There is no mold we are afraid to break. We...More

• Our Brands
  • Life @ Helen of Troy
  • Our Benefits

Company Updates

32 days ago

Community
Kudos to our Mississippi team for its volunteer work with Heartland Hands Food Pantry this summer. Since June, Helen of Troy associates from Olive Branch, Southaven, and Horn Lake locations have spent every Tuesday and Thursday pitching in at Heartland Hands. The team packs and loads boxes of food for those in need throughout DeSoto County, MS. In July, the team accumulated over 200 volunteer hours. 💪 It looks like they've enjoyed every minute of their time at Heartland Hands.😀 Great job team!
Shared image

32 days ago

Careers
Last week we said goodbye to our fantastic group of Helen of Troy summer interns.❤️ We’re grateful for the hard work and meaningful contributions you’ve made during the past few months. We wish you good luck for the upcoming school year, and great success as you begin your careers. We’re proud that Helen of Troy is part of your career journey. 📸 Our interns from the New York City office, many more not pictured! #WeAreHelenofTroy #ElevatingLives #SoaringTogether #Internship #EarlyCareer
Shared image

Helen of Troy Photos

+ Add Photo
Helen of Troy photo of: Wellness Champions at the 2019 Wellness Summit in Mississippi office
Helen of Troy photo of: Associates in Chambersburg , PA participate in the Gleaning Project volunteer event
Helen of Troy photo of: OXO associate participates in volunteer event
Helen of Troy photo of: OXO associates participate in volunteer event
Helen of Troy photo of: OXO associate participates in volunteer event