Helen of Troy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied on Workday for the Test Engineer Position.

After a few days, a recruiter from Helen of Troy (HOT) reached out to me to schedule a phone interview.
    My phone interview was with the Director of PDE and VP of the Global Beauty Innovation and Engineering. The conversation itself was VERY light. They asked me very basic questions about my skills and the things that I've done based on my resume. I had a great time. They just wanted to know my background in more detail.

In about a week, I was contacted again to schedule an in-person interview. HOT wanted me to schedule it 2 weeks from then but I already had an offer standing from another company. I talked about this with the recruiter and asked if we could expedite the process as I really wanted to work for HOT. They were very nice and speed up the whole process on such short notice.

I flew into El Paso. I had one-to-one with a couple of PDE engineers, VP, and SVP of the Marketing, Beauty and the Director of NPD. Again the interviews itself were very calm. I had some deep technical talks with the engineers about my previous internship and academic projects. Some behavioral questions with VP and SVP. I also really enjoyed talking about the charitable acts the company does. The interview was more of a conversation which is always nice. It didn't feel like an interview at all. They made sure I was comfortable at all times.

We wrapped the interview with a tour of the office space, which I must say is outstanding!! Followed up with a lunch with the NPD team.
    I was made an offer in 10 days.

(I'm not mentioning the technical questions as they were about my own projects.)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

Took 2+ weeks after application. Got an email for a phone interview with two managers which lasted 30 minutes. The interview was okay, not many technical questions. Haven't heard back yet.

Operations Manager Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (Southaven, MS) in February 2020.

Interview

Was scheduled for a panel interview. When I got there I for to interview with the maintenance manager. There was no panel. I feel like this interview was scrapped before I got there and they just sent someone to talk to me instead of canceling.

Interview Questions

• No structured questions due to the fact that this was not a real interview.   1 Answer

Helen of Troy Response

Mar 10, 2020 – Talent Brand Specialist

We apologize for any confusion during the interview process. Your review will help us improve our candidate experience. Thank you for the feedback, and we appreciate your interest in working for Helen of Troy.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (Bend, OR) in July 2019.

Interview

Once you pass the initial application phase of the process, they'll ask you to submit a design for a potential project. If this goes well, they'll invite you by for a roughly four hour interview where you will have a panel interview with the design team and then break out into smaller one on one style interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are other brands (competitors) that you follow that you like and don't like what they do?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a request to submit a time for the phone screen. Other than that, there were typical questions in a round-table setting. You were given an ample amount of time to respond to each question, as well as given follow-up responses.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (Marlborough, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone Interview with the hiring director, then an in-person interview with multiple leaders and individual contributors in the organization. Standard engineering interview. Gave background on the position and the organization in both interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

1. Phone interview with the hiring manager.
    2. On site interview with the hiring manager.
    3. On site interview with the hiring manager's supervisor.
    The first interview was on a Friday, and the third one the following Friday. I would say the process was fast. HR was very attentive and informative during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the situation, task, action and result of a time when you had to solve an issue with any technology.   Answer Question
    • Please describe the situation, task, action and result of a time when you had to work with a team.   Answer Question

Engineering Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (Marlborough, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was great. I interviewed with several people, all who made me feel so comfortable and welcome. It was more of a conversation than an interview. After I got hired my transition here was better than I could have ever imagined. I am so glad I was given and accepted the opportunity to work here. I have enjoyed coming to work every day, I never thought I could ever feel that way.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience apply to what we are looking for?   Answer Question

Senior Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Very structured and organised. Interviews were scheduled in a timely manner and when I had more than one interview in the day the timings were perfect. I had the opportunity to ask questions, and was indeed encouraged to.

Interview Questions

Helen of Troy Response

Aug 13, 2018 – HR Specialist

Thank you for your review. We value your comments and the time you took to share.

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was slow and long. Recruiters and interviewers were very nice, but I had 3 interviews in a period of 3 months. The interview was very focused to learn about me and why I was interested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most recent experience and how does the Product, Price, Place & Promotion apply to it?   1 Answer