Helen of Troy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.2

Director of Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR, then I talked on the phone with another peer Director, then the hiring manager. Once those interviews were completed, an onsite interview in El Paso was scheduled a month later. I was told they would cover hotel and air, but car would need to be out of pocket and reimbursed later. I interviewed with 4 separate people face to face on the same day and one on the phone, after a 3 hour flight from Chicago.

Once I was turned down for the position, I sent up to 10 requests for reimbursement on my car rental and parking at O'hare, and my requests went unanswered and no reimbursement was forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• How willing are you to relocate to El Paso?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Interview was really easy since is very difficult to find skilled personnel in El Paso area, and even more difficult for managerial positions since for someone coming from big cities is quite a change.
    Interviewed by future manager and HR person the first time, and then by CFO and other managers, but again, it was only polite chat since they can be too exigent and they "massage" you for the coming low ball offer.

Interview Questions

• The 'Not Negotiable" low ball offer when it comes to salary, unfortunately, i needed to work to pay the bills and i accepted. And that is the only reason they still have employees.   1 Answer

Negotiation

on way street
    "not negotiable"
    no room for what you may believe is reasonable pay

Many Things Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very easy due to the fact that is difficult to find skilled workers in El Paso area, so during this process they can't be very exigent with potential new employees.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they take the initiative always saying "not negotiable".

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX).

Interview

First interview was with HR. It lasted about an hour, the usual HR questions...tell me about a time you did this, handled that....then about 2 weeks of nothing. Then another HR interview, where the HR person obviously had no idea that I had interviewed already with another HR person. Same questions, then surprised when I said I had been interviewed by HR already. Face to face with CFO, President, and hiring manager. Went great, more test for fit. Then 2 weeks, and low-ball offer. Countered, weeks passed, then new offer.

Interview Questions

• Everything was standard, there was nothing difficult at all about the questions   Answer Question

Low ball offer, very slow to make a decision even though I was told it was key to fill the position quickly.

Demand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Basically goes out pretty quick. They call you one day, schedule for next week and you get the job (if you get the job) by the third week. Interviews run pretty easy, really. I think they're trying to see how trainable you are more than how qualified, after all, they already checked that out with the resume and references...

Interview Questions

• Same old as everywhere else, your strengths and weaknesses, strategic thought, problem solving...   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy in March 2012.

Interview

Human resources department is wonderful. Hiring and interview was nice and relaxed. Managers are overworked and do not have the help they need to do their job properly.

Negotiation

Definitely do not accept right away. Try to negotiate and get a little more. You're worth it.