Helen of Troy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

1. Phone interview with the hiring manager.
    2. On site interview with the hiring manager.
    3. On site interview with the hiring manager's supervisor.
    The first interview was on a Friday, and the third one the following Friday. I would say the process was fast. HR was very attentive and informative during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the situation, task, action and result of a time when you had to solve an issue with any technology.   Answer Question
    • Please describe the situation, task, action and result of a time when you had to work with a team.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was extremely excited when the Recruiter for the ABM position reached out to me to set up a phone screen. I studied the products and had experience that was what the team was looking for. Never in my life have I felt like the person I was talking to was not listening to me. She asked no relevant questions and was eager to get off the phone. I feel they had someone else in mind for the position and just chatted with me because of protocol. It was a waste of my time and I will never buy their products after having this experience.

Interview Questions

Helen of Troy Response

Feb 22, 2018 – Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience with us - it has absolutely been shared with appropriate leadership. We take your feedback very seriously and really value your honesty - through this, we can... More

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Helen of Troy in June 2015.

Interview

It took 20minutes for an interview. She asked about the roles i had worked in my resume. Whether the products that are proposed by you are implemented by the company or not?

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (New York, NY).

Interview

I had roughly 6 different interviews with the HR manager and 5 other people who were previously in the position I was applying for. After the first 2 interviews questions became repetitive. after being hired I was introduced to the entire staff with a short bio. So people already knew who I was by the time I started.

Interview Questions

• Questions were what you would expect in a normal interview. They are really just looking to see if your personality is a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one in person interview with 3 members of the team (all 1:1). After the in person interview I was asked to complete a project to present to them, I was given about 3 weeks to prepare. The day it was due I was informed that they went on a hiring freeze

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Interview was really easy since is very difficult to find skilled personnel in El Paso area, and even more difficult for managerial positions since for someone coming from big cities is quite a change.
    Interviewed by future manager and HR person the first time, and then by CFO and other managers, but again, it was only polite chat since they can be too exigent and they "massage" you for the coming low ball offer.

Interview Questions

• The 'Not Negotiable" low ball offer when it comes to salary, unfortunately, i needed to work to pay the bills and i accepted. And that is the only reason they still have employees.   1 Answer

Negotiation

on way street
    "not negotiable"
    no room for what you may believe is reasonable pay

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (New York, NY).

Interview

First is a phone interview which was casual and friendly. They set me up for an in person interview where I met every person in the team individually. Be confident and prepared to sell yourself to each person. Gets easier as you are constantly repeating yourself. But it really seems they are looking for a personality fit rather than considering your skills and experience. They will ask about personal interests, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if the CEO asks you a question that is unexpected or you don't have the answer to?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX).

Interview

First interview was with HR. It lasted about an hour, the usual HR questions...tell me about a time you did this, handled that....then about 2 weeks of nothing. Then another HR interview, where the HR person obviously had no idea that I had interviewed already with another HR person. Same questions, then surprised when I said I had been interviewed by HR already. Face to face with CFO, President, and hiring manager. Went great, more test for fit. Then 2 weeks, and low-ball offer. Countered, weeks passed, then new offer.

Interview Questions

• Everything was standard, there was nothing difficult at all about the questions   Answer Question

Low ball offer, very slow to make a decision even though I was told it was key to fill the position quickly.

Product Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with senior manager and then scheduled for an in-person interview a few days after. It was relay style, one after the other until the whole team met with me. It was very tiring after the first hour and half. The entire process lasted over two hours. Was not efficient, and I was repeating myself five times.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle organization with senior members who disagree?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and overall the process took 3 months - first a phone screen, then an in person interview with the team leader, then a third interview with the creative director. i was also asked back another time to meet other members of the team in a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about yourself and your experiences a lot!   Answer Question