Helen of Troy Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

Featured Interview

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helen of Troy (El Paso, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied on Workday for the Test Engineer Position.

After a few days, a recruiter from Helen of Troy (HOT) reached out to me to schedule a phone interview.
My phone interview was with the Director of PDE and VP of the Global Beauty Innovation and Engineering. The conversation itself was VERY light. They asked me very basic questions about my skills and the things that I've done based on my resume. I had a great time. They just wanted to know my background in more detail.

In about a week, I was contacted again to schedule an in-person interview. HOT wanted me to schedule it 2 weeks from then but I already had an offer standing from another company. I talked about this with the recruiter and asked if we could expedite the process as I really wanted to work for HOT. They were very nice and speed up the whole process on such short notice.

I flew into El Paso. I had one-to-one with a couple of PDE engineers, VP, and SVP of the Marketing, Beauty and the Director of NPD. Again the interviews itself were very calm. I had some deep technical talks with the engineers about my previous internship and academic projects. Some behavioral questions with VP and SVP. I also really enjoyed talking about the charitable acts the company does. The interview was more of a conversation which is always nice. It didn't feel like an interview at all. They made sure I was comfortable at all times.

We wrapped the interview with a tour of the office space, which I must say is outstanding!! Followed up with a lunch with the NPD team.
I was made an offer in 10 days.

(I'm not mentioning the technical questions as they were about my own projects.)

Interview Questions