Hello Labs Junior Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hello Labs

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Junior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hello Labs in January 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview and then a coding challenge. The interview was basically to let me know a little about the company, culture and products and to see if there was a cultural fit. They asked good questions that showed that they cared that my background and interests would be a good fit.
The coding challenge was straight forward, though dealing with tons of data. I got stuck in one part of it and reached out for help. Their response to my asking was part of how I knew I wanted to work there. My question was met with respect and I was given tips to point me in the right direction without judgment. It was also apparent that asking questions is part of the culture.
The next phase of the process was pair programming with a Sr. dev using ScreenHero. The work we did together was a little over my head by design. The goal was to see how we would work together in the real world in a mentor/mentee relationship. The Sr. dev explained things clearly and I felt very comfortable working with him. He let me 'drive' which allowed me to really grasp the concepts.
The last part of the process was a team interview over video chat. It was a chance for the team and me to meet and ask each other questions.
The thing I most appreciated about the whole process was the open, clear communication.

Interview Questions

• Write code to extract specific information from a data set.   Answer Question